How to cage AIM9 seeker head to the HUD while STT a target

Rabbisaur

Hi, I wish to know, on F18, how can I cage AIM9 seeker head to the bore sight while maintaining STT on a target? I tried cage/uncage button and it didn't work.

When I fired a AIM7 at a target, I wish to maintain STT on that target but I see a second target right in front of me so I wish to use AIM9 to attack that target. Can I "bore sight" the aim9 on F18?

Thanks!

Can I "bore sight" the aim9 on F18?

You cannot engage another target with Aim9 while maintaining STT lock on another aircraft as the aircraft slaves the Aim9 to the STT target upon weapon selection. You would have to drop lock on the STT target and select Aim9 then HACQ and point the nose at the new target you see (or the HMD bore sight) get lock then fire.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;4067544']You cannot engage another target with Aim9 while maintaining STT lock on another aircraft as the aircraft slaves the Aim9 to the STT target upon weapon selection. You would have to drop lock on the STT target and select Aim9 then HACQ and point the nose at the new target you see (or the HMD bore sight) get lock then fire.

Thanks.

But that's too bad... It would be great if the AIM9 can be unslaved to the radar.