Ryzen and DCS

Anyone have experience playing DCS on a Ryzen CPU? Specifically from the 3000 series.

I need a new CPU (and system) and I was looking towards Ryzen because I don't want to support intel anymore, but I only really use computers for gaming. From what I've read DCS (and also literally all other games) prefers core speed over multiple cores and threads.

AMD seems more consumer friendly, and they're cheaper and more value for the money, but what's the point of getting Ryzen if most developers optimize for intel instead?

The stock 3700x is on par with an all core overclocked Intel at 5G, both score circa 3000 points in Passmark single core score test. YOu should not directly compare MHz vs MHz, that is misleading.

Looking at the L3 Cache, I'd go AMD without looking back.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

?? Why mention passmark?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Because it is as irrelvant as any other benchmark. If you want to know the performance in DCS you need to run DCS.

Exactly. I thought that passmark was just another synthetic benchmark.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Multicore performance isn't going to help with DCS, and don't count on overclocking to improve single core performance. Consider X models. Shop carefully for RAM, it doesn't have to be the most expensive but it needs to be the highest speed that will work with your MB (up to a point, see https://www.wepc.com/reviews/best-ram-for-ryzen-3000/ for example. Make sure what you have your eye on works with your MB)

Advantage for DCS is, you can "get there" -- or at least get close -- without the hassle and expense of overclocking. That saves you some money on cooling system and MB (which is kind of cool, if you're a connoisseur of cheap motherboards). There's an upgrade path. That said, I don't know that I would go AMD if I were building a machine from scratch just for DCS, I had other reasons to favor AMD

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder