A-10C Campaign: Operation Jackal

I just checked and I was able to rearm at the home airfield (Krasnodar-Center).

I had to use LALT+' to bring the loadout menu, worked fine.

Are you sure you are at krasnodar center? It is the only blue airfield for that mission.

edit:i

if anybody else is willing, please download mission #2 from first post attachment, once mission loads, press LALT+' , pick a payload and see if ground crew will rearm/refuel. You do not need power on or engines running, just press LALT+' at start of mission.

related issue http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=102018

Edited by Quirkitized
  • Like 1

Just finished this campaign, and I had a blast playing it!

Many thanks for this, Quirk!

Only glitch I had was JTAC advising me to attack AAA with Guns in one mission (didn't obey that order ;-) ), but that's all.

:thumbup:

EDIT: Any chance to see more coming from you in the near future? I really enjoyed it!

Edited by Bexx0r

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Campaign!

It was my first compete Campaign ever finished winner in DCS A-10C!

I enjoy playing it for many reasons, first I like the story, I like the map location that campaign took place, I like the fact that mission weren't that much to get bored. Also the different story that every mission had. No crash during any mission.

Good job Quirk. Keep Campaigns coming!

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for positive feedback, always good to hear.

I am slowly working on a new campaign, but they take many, many, many hours. It could be a month or two before it's finished. It's like trying to write a movie script but also being the actor and the director, producer and the editor!

I'm hopeful the new one will be much better and worth the effort.

• Like 1

Thanks Quirkitized,

i had also a lot of fun with your campaign

nice varied missions :thumbup:

You can gladly increase the level of difficulty

i d like to manage with my ordnance (fuel & weapons)

i love the thrill :D

I'm hopeful the new one will be much better and worth the effort.

I know it will :smilewink:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 1 month later...

I made it to mission 6 in 1.5, and everything was awesome. The only issue I had was an AI wingman who couldn't rearm, refuel, or repair so I had to complete the missions myself after using up the initial ammo load. I always changed my loadout before the mission, so it was odd when #3 started and you're supposed to be low on gas with no ammo. I did a touch and go just to hit the trigger and finished the mission.

But, on mission 6 I actually managed to kill the Jackal's APC before he got to the docks, and I don't think the mission expected that. Maybe have it set so Uzi investigates the APC wreck and pronounces Jackal dead, returns to the blackhawk, and continue as if you'd killed him on foot or in his chopper? I'll be grabbing the single mission to replay it and see the full outcome.

• 1 month later...
Am I the only one having issues at mission 2? I can't even reach the WP3 with AAA guns. I keep getting shot down by 3 Sa-19 Tunguska located in the airport. They even shoot at my Mavericks!! :helpsmilie:

Tunguska's are buggers for that. I try to fly 20,000 above them and drop a JDAM on their heads.:thumbup:

Tunguska's are buggers for that. I try to fly 20,000 above them and drop a JDAM on their heads.:thumbup:

Thanks! I'm going to try right now with the altitute approach :pilotfly:

... and it worked flawlessly!

What a great campaign anyway : D

Edited by joker_89

• 2 weeks later...

Just also wanted to thank you for that great campain!!! :thumbup:

Finished it yesterday and I had really fun playing it (although I accidently shot the UH-60 on the docks before I saw the Mi-8 but thanks it was not that "fragile" :music_whistling:)!

I read before that it is not that hard so I thought I try it as my first campaign in the A-10C, and I also learned some new stuff in just trying to make everything correct.

So keep up the good work and again big THANK YOU!!!

Greetings,

Steve

Non Omnis Moriar!

• 5 months later...

Hi Quirkitized,

first of all thank you for this very nice campaign.

***SPOILER***

I've just played mission 6.

Right at the end, when Uzi has landed, hostile infantry spawns in two groups.

In my case every group had the size of a platoon.

http://s18.postimg.org/4kjmb14ft/whatamess.jpg

I guess this is a bug? If it is a feature you should rethink it imho.

In reality they would have killed the Uzi Units in seconds...

Though it was a nice tracer-firework.

Thanks again for the time you have invested in this campaign, looking forward to what ever comes from you thumbup.gif

Hi Quirkitized,

first of all thank you for this very nice campaign.

***SPOILER***

I've just played mission 6.

Right at the end, when Uzi has landed, hostile infantry spawns in two groups.

In my case every group had the size of a platoon.

http://s18.postimg.org/4kjmb14ft/whatamess.jpg

I guess this is a bug? If it is a feature you should rethink it imho.

In reality they would have killed the Uzi Units in seconds...

Though it was a nice tracer-firework.

Thanks again for the time you have invested in this campaign, looking forward to what ever comes from you thumbup.gif

I just finished the campaign today. Great work on the missions! It was really fun.

***SPOILER***

Yeah, the infantry was too much. In fact, I had so little ordinance left from taking out the air defenses that I had to make gun passes. My AI wingman refused to engage, so I actually didn't kill all the targets in time (should have packed some rockets, damn!) yet Uzi managed to blow up everything anyway.

I also had a problem with the final mission's ending triggers. ***SPOILER*** By a stroke of luck, I was lined up perfectly at about the time Jackal's APC spawned, and I killed it within about 20 seconds. The mission didn't end so I looked at the triggers. There's a problem with the win condition when you kill the APC too fast (specifically, the condition is that the APC is both dead and within a zone, but I think dead units don't count when the game checks to see if they're in a zone). Adding a flag can fix this issue pretty easily

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks. if you finish all of them poste here. I m interrest to know. Thx a lot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I5 3570K OC@4.2Ghz - Asus P8Z77-v - Gainward Nvidia GTX770 2go - G.Skill 8Go RAM DDR3 - Hotas Cougar + Warthog - TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
I have a problem with The first mission.

I destroy all The infantry and The choppers comes in And The infantry does The search.

But The mission never ends or an oke that it has succeeded.

I did by accident hit The house with he mk82.

same problem here, allthough i did not hit the house.

The INF searched and rigged the place, but never detonated anything, i orbited for approx. 15 minutes before quitting the mission.

DCS Open beta 1.5.1

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I was able to play through all missions without much issues bar the last. Took out the ground units, uh60 came in searched then sat there saying nothing after they captured the enemy unit....feel sorry for the mission designers, every update parks something in the missions, guess I got lucky with this one

Using latest openbeta.

I5 2500k@4.4ghz, GTX980 OC, 16gb Gskill 12800 DDR3 ram, ssd. Thrustmaster warthog, CH pedals. Track ir 4p