how to remove the sun glare?

I want my old DCS back DCS back DCS backkk.. yes.. I want to remove that blinding sun glare from my HUD, my instruments, my cockpit!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Interesting.

I personally like every effect, since those glare are part of any real cockpits problems. To me personally turning glares and all off feels like I'm cheating. Especially in multiplayer if I can see something others can't because of the glare.

But then again I'm one for all out realism and authenticity when it comes to these kinds of things.

I'm not here to criticize your preference on this... after all, it is a sim and a hobby. I just found it interesting.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

There is an option to hear like in helmet.

Should this be extended? Hear like in helmet with tinted visor too, for all this bright sun now in sim.

I was thinking when playing around with settings last night if there should be an option, problem is it may look like the old 2.0 if implemented.:music_whistling:

-

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Use a nice pair of aviators.

I'm sorry, just wait for ED to fix the hud. Remember that some glare that impacts your vision is realistic.

Also, when the sun is at your windshield, depending on the aircraft, it may be VERY difficult to read a real HUD. And if the sun is close or on the HUD, good luck reading that thing at all.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Interesting.

I personally like every effect, since those glare are part of any real cockpits problems. To me personally turning glares and all off feels like I'm cheating. Especially in multiplayer if I can see something others can't because of the glare.

But then again I'm one for all out realism and authenticity when it comes to these kinds of things.

I'm not here to criticize your preference on this... after all, it is a sim and a hobby. I just found it interesting.

+1000 :)

Take a look at my MODS here

A sun visor for the helmet should be made to toggle - but not just be cosmetic, but also working well enough to have an effect when looking through it. I am sure that's doable. :)

• Like 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I believe I tried it in the Mig-21 - but haven't since the 2.1 update.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I'm guessing jets flying out of Nellis would normally use their visors a lot during the day in that sun. I would ask the crew chief for a darker UV tint job.

On that note, how much should the UV canopy tint help with the sun in the different jets? Everyone talks about how NTTR should look, how does it look through the canopy of a jet with or without the visor down.

300px-F-22_cockpit_close-up.jpg

canopy3.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

One of the planes has a sun visor. Can't remember which, M2000C? Mig-21? One does anyway.

Too bad they all don't.

The gazelle also has a sun visor for the pilots. I believe the key is "G" but when you hit it you pull the visor down on the helmet. Pretty neat.

Uninstall 2.x then and only use the 1.5 Release.

Problem solved.

Otherwise, wait for ED to fix and improve the brand new gfx they've just added.

I am using 1.5.6 not 2.x

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 month later...

it doesnt work. there is still cockpit reflections.