What happened to the "in a few weeks"announcement?

sirscorpion

Hey pollychop and crew, hope all is well, just wondering about the March 26 announcement on face book.

"Dear all flightsim enthusiasts.

We appologize for our current silence.

Today I want to announce that we broke the 1500 likes a few days ago.

We do thank every follower and customer of Polychop Simulations for all the trust and love for our current product and hope to amase you with our news what will be next through our pipeline.

Surprise surprise, what is in the giftbox?

You want to make a guess?

During this year we will share some news about what was going on behind the curtains the past few month and what we aim for in the near future.

So stay tuned, if everything goes as planned we will share some bigger news during the next weeks.

Your Polychop Simulation Team"

Hope to hear from you guys soon, and hope all goes to plan.

Your fans.

soon is an undefined time terminology.

so soon fits well

the news will be when we are ready for the news

Your Polychop Team

I like the Gaz... fly it regularly and despite some issues really support it....

As a customer I'm afraid I have to say I am disappointed in your Polychop badged patronising response.

A simplistic 'unable to comment at the moment' would have sufficed'.

It is a shame really....

SIGBLOCK.png

Amazing how harsh people could be against 3d parties sometimes.

Try yourselves to create something and expose it to public reaction. It could be amazing also.

Yo will like it.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Try yourselves to create something and expose it to public reaction. It could be amazing also.

Yo will like it.

Indeed , the majority have created nothing at all.

If they did apply them selves then indeed a splendid world we would live in!

But no, for the majority..... bitch and whine is the way.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• ED Team

Yo will like it.

Wise words...

Something to think about, everyone, I am sure, is eager to hear what is going on, but being harsh and cruel to devs doesnt speed things up, and doesnt show future devs much that might want to make them want to dive in to the development pool here.

Please check your comments before you post, you may not be happy, but there are ways to express that, that are going to be more constructive and mature.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Lets not get too excited about being 'mean to the devs'. I can (maybe?) comment as I have indeed 'created something and exposed it to the public' - Lamborghini Miura P400 for Assetto Corsa

Yes there were moaners about this and that and I tried to listen to them, but if ppl didn't like it they didn't have to drive it - didn't bother me so don't complain about it. The BIG difference here is, I didn't charge a cent for the car!

Somehow some 'devs' seem to think that this freedom extends to them, despite the fact they have charged $50+ a pop for their product? It baffles me how someone can charge a fair wack of money for a 'product' and then be like pfffft we will get to it when we get to it...if we even can be bothered. What you think doesn't matter etc etc.

How/where does that fly with any other product you purchase for real money?

Maybe if there was just a smidge of recognition that 'we' are paying customers that are indeed entitled to even a little bit of customer service?

Now this is nothing against Polychop or w/e, I don't even have their aircraft or had anything to do with them. It is just a general 'theme' I am seeing with DCS in general.

I hope I have expressed my thoughts in a 'constructive and mature' manner!

• Like 4

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Polychop have produced a product that's fun to fly and I look forward to future development of it. I also assume that creating the product isn't their primary job and that they all have real lives, jobs etc. So one can appreciate things taking longer to develop than we would ideally like (and for sure we're all keen!).

That said, a less discourteous response from someone representing the developer would certainly be more palatable. As VampireNZ rightly alludes to, this isn't some mod team working on a free download for us all to enjoy. We paid.

Nevertheless, really enjoying the Gazelle and look forward immensely to future development according to whatever timescales fit in with your priorities. Just perhaps be a bit more understanding that your customers are genuinely interested and excited to see development progress.

• Like 1

Lets not get too excited about being 'mean to the devs'. I can (maybe?) comment as I have indeed 'created something and exposed it to the public' - Lamborghini Miura P400 for Assetto Corsa

Yes there were moaners about this and that and I tried to listen to them, but if ppl didn't like it they didn't have to drive it - didn't bother me so don't complain about it. The BIG difference here is, I didn't charge a cent for the car!

Somehow some 'devs' seem to think that this freedom extends to them, despite the fact they have charged $50+ a pop for their product? It baffles me how someone can charge a fair wack of money for a 'product' and then be like pfffft we will get to it when we get to it...if we even can be bothered. What you think doesn't matter etc etc.

Maybe if there was just a smidge of recognition that 'we' are paying customers that are indeed entitled to even a little bit of customer service?

Now this is nothing against Polychop or w/e, I don't even have their aircraft or had anything to do with them. It is just a general 'theme' I am seeing with DCS in general.

Great post. For just one early access module (often without even a manual or missions), we're talking about the same amount of cash as a AAA title and I also think that 50$+ per module would merit a bit more humble and transparent approach in general towards a small community and customers. I don't single out Polychop here as legal issues is a more private and sensitive matter. But this is something that all devs should keep in mind. If we know that problems are being looked at, a reason why there has or has not been any updates lately etc. there is much less room for frustration and speculation. Information is key to a happy and healthy forum and will ease the workload on the moderators aswell....

Polychop, I hope that you're able to solve your legal issues. Looking forward to the Gazelle sniper team and the Bo-105 / HKP-9 :)

• Like 1

Today Oliver Michel posted this on Facebook:

"Dear Simmer,

The silence is broken now :).

I decided to leave Polychop and carry over the BO-105 / STUKA to the new company: POLY-DYNAMICS.

The new Company's name is to symbolize our history and the close loyalty to ED.

Thanks all for your patience

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/"

So they splitted up like Leatherneck.

HW-Specs: Ryzen 5800x | Gigaybte RTX 3080 | 32Gb DDR4-4000 | 2x M.2 970Evo + SSDs| LG 34" 21:9

Peripherie: Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Slew-Mod + Nyogel) + MFG Crosswind Pedals | SimShaker Jetpad | HP Reverb G2

That raises some questions right away - perhaps PolyChop and/or PolyDynamics are willing to address these:

- how does this affect the 3rd party dev status of both parties? I assume for PolyChop nothing changes, but what about PolyDynamics?

- beyond what Oliver stated, are there any other personal changes in the team(s)? I.e. will PolyChop perhaps lose other team members that were previously working on the Gazelle?

- or to be more precise: does this split affect the further development and maintenance of the Gazelle module?

edit:

oh, and of course: all the best to both teams! Hope you guys keep on going stronger than ever! :-D

Edited by Flagrum

The computer games industry is forever changing, people come people go, new companies are made and old companies go.

Good luck to all involved and make the best modules you can.

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Looking forward to more news on this. I wonder where the Airbus arrangement stands now? does the authorization move with Oliver to Polydynamics? I presume so seeing as they will be doing the 105 but that raises the question of the continued development of the Gazelle and its flight model!

Anyway, rhetorical questions that I don't expect will be answered here so just wishing good luck to both dev houses.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

That raises some questions right away - perhaps PolyChop and/or PolyDynamics are willing to address these:

- how does this affect the 3rd party dev status of both parties? I assume for PolyChop nothing changes, but what about PolyDynamics?

As was revealed in the Leatherneck breakup, licenses from ED are granted on a module basis. If that module is transferred or sold to another third party, the license stays with that code. So as long as Polychop had a license for the Bo-105, then when PolyDynamics took it over they would inherit the license for the Bo-105.

I'm Happy that there's some resolve in the internal issues that PC had,As a Huge fan of the Gazelle I hope the best for all team members as They all played a part to bring a Wonderful Module to DCS World.

Thank You All Very Much,Best of Luck

Edited by Phantom88

Patrick

mini.gif

As was revealed in the Leatherneck breakup, licenses from ED are granted on a module basis. If that module is transferred or sold to another third party, the license stays with that code. So as long as Polychop had a license for the Bo-105, then when PolyDynamics took it over they would inherit the license for the Bo-105.

Which really does not make sense. The license was granted based on the skills demonstrated by the team. When one team breaks up, there is zero indication what, if any, skill set is retained by the new team. So the new team has the old license, but there is no indication that the new team has the ability to do what the old team was licensed to do.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Which really does not make sense. The license was granted based on the skills demonstrated by the team. When one team breaks up, there is zero indication what, if any, skill set is retained by the new team. So the new team has the old license, but there is no indication that the new team has the ability to do what the old team was licensed to do.

Be that as it may, there are legal issues involved that will most likely override any perceived skills of dev team.

Wise words...

Something to think about, everyone, I am sure, is eager to hear what is going on, but being harsh and cruel to devs doesnt speed things up, and doesnt show future devs much that might want to make them want to dive in to the development pool here.

Please check your comments before you post, you may not be happy, but there are ways to express that, that are going to be more constructive and mature.

Up to that point, no cruel or harsh comments were posted.

Unless you count 'It's a shame.' into that category.

Wiser words, still.

In any case, good luck to Polychop and Polydynamics!

Be that as it may, there are legal issues involved that will most likely override any perceived skills of dev team.

If you mean that ED may be legally obligated to let an unqualified group of people attempt to produce a module, simple because the first group fell apart, then that is exactly what does not make sense. I hope ED wrote the contract in such a way as to preclude such a situation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: