Key presses for Wingman/Flight radio commands?

kronovan

The FC3 Flight Manual states that it lists the necessary keys for issuing radio commands, but in all of the tables listing the different commands, no such keys are ever given.

In the following paragraph it gives this example;

"to order the #3 wingman to engage the player’s target, press F3, F1, F1."

Which sort of gets a big WTF from me, as those key presses by default cause different views to display.

My apologies if this is just so n00b, but what where are the actual keys listed, or what am I missing here or misreading? I wat to setup a profile for my voice command software, but I'm stalled on the runway without the actual key listings. ;)

If anyone can point to the location in the manual where I can find them or some other resourse, it'd be much appreciated.

It may or may not mention that you need to press " \ " first. Then those commands will issues orders rather than view changes. :)

" \ " brings up the radio commands window. Those Function key presses are tied to what you'll see in that window.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks for the replies. I did eventually find a list on a website. I didn't get a chance to toy with radio coms yet, as I've been busy reinstalling DCSW to my SSD. I wasn't aware of any mouse click requirements after pressing the \ key, but bummer that. I would have expected that the \ key press would bring up a submenu that would accept additional key presses. I know that as long as there's nested, key selectable submenus, you can map to voice command apps - did that a lot in the past with other flightsims.

I did notice in the list I found that some of the radio commands had [single letter key] + LWin shortcuts, so I'll at least be able to map those.

Thanks for the replies. I did eventually find a list on a website. I didn't get a chance to toy with radio coms yet, as I've been busy reinstalling DCSW to my SSD. I wasn't aware of any mouse click requirements after pressing the \ key, but bummer that. I would have expected that the \ key press would bring up a submenu that would accept additional key presses. I know that as long as there's nested, key selectable submenus, you can map to voice command apps - did that a lot in the past with other flightsims.

I did notice in the list I found that some of the radio commands had [single letter key] + LWin shortcuts, so I'll at least be able to map those.

Kronovan, there are no mouse clicks required. The key commands are 1) \ to bring up the menu and 2) the F keys in the sequence you need.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Kronovan, there are no mouse clicks required. The key commands are 1) \ to bring up the menu and 2) the F keys in the sequence you need.

Thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood what Buzzu meant and I believe he didn't understand I'm only interested in using voice commands to control radio comm interactions with wingmen and AWACS. I got it setup easy enough for wingman 1, but my voice command software (Voice Bot) is proving to be truly craptastic. I remember doing the same level of complexity for voice commands with Game Commander 2 under Windows 98se and WinXP 32 bit and getting more accurate results. I mean come on, I'm doing this under Win7 64 bit with generations better hardware! <sigh> Unfortunately Game Commander has been discontinued.

I've heard good things about Tazti, so I'm thinking of giving it a whirl. If anyone here is using other voice comm apps and getting decent results, I'd love to hear about them.