Fix for cockpit interaction bugs

Redglyph

For DCS 2.5.4.25729 (open beta)

Heatblur and M3 modules don't always respect the DCS standard regarding the knob and switch handling with the mouse clicks, those are mostly incoherent. Since the problem was ignored, here is a fix to avoid users pulling their hair off using the Viggen :)

I hope it helps, let me know if I missed other similar issues. This patch won't interfere with campaigns, missions or anti-cheat protections, it's completely transparent and just fixes the cockpit interaction where it is badly needed.

IMPORTANT: There is only one file to replace, and I put the original file in the zip file (clickabledata.org.lua). Before patching DCS, first check if that is the same file as yours. If it is different, you have another version of DCS and it will not work. I will probably not maintain this patch in the future, so make sure to check after each update that the patch is compatible (yes, you have to re-apply the patch after each update, unfortunately).

If the worst were to happen and you corrupt your original file, just do a repair (DCS_Updater.exe repair), check this post for the details. In general, always keep a copy of an original file you are about to replace!

How to apply the patch?

Simply replace the file at this location, in your DCS installation directory, with the one in the zip file:

<DCS>\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\clickabledata.lua

What does the patch fix?

It fixes the mouse clicks for the following controls, making them work according to the DCS standard (see 1st link above).

Legend:

- 3 = 3-way switches (left/right click inverted)

- R = rotary position knob (left/right click inverted)

1) Left

- 3 Canopy Open/Close

- 3 Emergency Pitch Trim

- R Base Selector

note: the rotation sound is heard, even if the knob is at its min/max position and won't move,

like the Group Selector and a few other switches, I can't fix that problem

- 3 Countermeasure Release

2) Front

(none)

3) Right

- R Weapon Selector Knob - J/A Valjare

- R Weapon Interval Selector Mode Knob - Siktningvaljare

- 3 Navigation Lights

- R Position Lights Brightness

What is not fixed by this patch?

The controls below are bit fixed.

1) Left

- Canopy Open/Close, the mouse sensitive spot moves to strange locations depending on the position, I can't fix that.

- R Base Selector, rotation sound is heard, even if the knob is at its min/max position and won't move, like the Group Selector and other switches, I didn't investigate that issue.

2) Front

- Radio Manual Frequency Setting Knob Inner/Outer Left/Right, the user has to drag the mouse a long way to make them change, I haven't tried to fix that.

3) Right

- Weapon Emergency Release Button, works through the cover.

- IFF Code, doesn't move at all, probably WIP.

- Magnetic Declination Correction, doesn't move at all, probably WIP.

Fix_AJS37_cockpit_mouse.2.5.4.25729.zip

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Thanks for sharing your work, Redglyph.

Would you kindly explain only this: I didn't get what do you mean for "checking first if the file is the same". Were you referring to its size in Kb, perhaps? I have just checked it, in my installation it's 32Kb in size, instead of that 7 Kb in your fix.

Thanks in advance! With best regards.

Thanks for sharing your work, Redglyph.

Would you kindly explain only this: I didn't get what do you mean for "checking first if the file is the same". Were you referring to its size in Kb, perhaps? I have just checked it, in my installation it's 32Kb in size, instead of that 7 Kb in your fix.

Thanks in advance! With best regards.

In the zip file he has attracted the original file he used as a base for this MOD, that he now calls clickabledata.org.lua. Compare that to the original file you have. If they are the same it's safe to apply this MOD, if not you must most likely edit the MOD:ed file to make it work.

It's not enough to compare file size. I suggest you use Notepad++ (not the ordinary Notepad) with the addon package installed. Then you have a very useful and powerful tool to compare files (read the documentation to learn how to use it), and for other tasks too for that matter. I use it all the time, especially for making sure MOD:s are up to date and functional.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

What Holton says is correct, thanks for clarifying!

The file I provided in the zip has the same size, it's not 7 KB, you must check the uncompressed size. But yes, you must compare the content. If you don't want to install anything, you can also do that by

- unzipping Fix_AJS37_cockpit_mouse.2.5.4.25729.zip

- opening a command shell (Win-R keys, type "cmd", RETURN key)

- typing FC <file 1> <file 2> in the command shell window, with the complete path of the original DCS file, and the unzipped clickabledata.org.lua (you can drag and drop the files in the command shell window to copy the path, instead of typing it)

FC will tell you if there is a difference.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 4 weeks later...

Same story as for the Harrier...

Sent a PM to Heatblur dev, no response whatsoever, I've uploaded the fix here for what it's worth:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303202/

I probably won't maintain it as DCS is updated, so expect that to become incompatible at some point and check before applying ;)

• 11 months later...

Just jumped into the Viggens cockpit after ages for a flight.

Right clicking the countermeasures switch (the one above the canopy lever) to put it to center setting caused DCS to freeze and crash.

Been working fine after removing the click fix mod. Running open beta version.

Would be a good idea to put some info in the user files entry so people are aware it finally became incompatible. Thanks for the work and putting it up for us to use!

Has this been fixed by HB in the meantime anyways? If not, it's about time i guess.

Gone for good.

Just jumped into the Viggens cockpit after ages for a flight.

Right clicking the countermeasures switch (the one above the canopy lever) to put it to center setting caused DCS to freeze and crash.

Been working fine after removing the click fix mod. Running open beta version.

Would be a good idea to put some info in the user files entry so people are aware it finally became incompatible. Thanks for the work and putting it up for us to use!

Has this been fixed by HB in the meantime anyways? If not, it's about time i guess.

Thanks for the tip. But what DCS version are you using?

I've updated the description with an additional warning but without giving any detail, I assume it's 2.5.5 something. Unfortunately the DCS user file website is now bugged and it injects the escaped HTML tags so it's mostly unreadable anyway :rolleyes:

I have no idea about a possible fix, I could not get any feedback from them, they even ignored my PM with a direct link to the patch, so I'm ignoring them in return as well as their possible new products.