VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 554 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-03-2020, 07:51 AM   #5531
Greyman

Vaicom Pro already automatically selects the most appropriate PTT buttons for each aircraft. For example, the Hornet just uses 2 of the PTT buttons (forward and down for radio 1 and radio 2 respectively on a WH HOTAS). The other PTT buttons are disabled.

For the example above, are you suggesting that this might be changed so that you would be able to press different buttons for the two radios, than you might for any other aircraft with the same 2 PTT mappings or would you be happy with the aircraft specific defaults that VP already selects?
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:51 PM   #5532
HILOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
...are you suggesting that this might be changed so that you would be able to press different buttons for the two radios, than you might for any other aircraft with the same 2 PTT mappings or would you be happy with the aircraft specific defaults that VP already selects?
yes. the real hardware/HOTAS switches used for PTT vary from one a/c to another, and i like to replicate that on my HOTAS. AFAIK currently the only way to change PTT -> TX mapping is editing the profile within voice attack, i.e. re-mapping the TX nodes to one's HOTAS switches. I thought the VAICOM app launcher could be a good opportunity to overcome this by saving different VAICOM profiles (with different TX mappings) for every a/c. any profile could then (hopefully) be loaded via popup menu from the app's taskbar icon.
hope that makes sense...
Old 06-03-2020, 03:59 PM   #5533
Greyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILOK View Post
yes. the real hardware/HOTAS switches used for PTT vary from one a/c to another, and i like to replicate that on my HOTAS. AFAIK currently the only way to change PTT -> TX mapping is editing the profile within voice attack, i.e. re-mapping the TX nodes to one's HOTAS switches. I thought the VAICOM app launcher could be a good opportunity to overcome this by saving different VAICOM profiles (with different TX mappings) for every a/c. any profile could then (hopefully) be loaded via popup menu from the app's taskbar icon.
hope that makes sense...
Yes, i now understand, but whether and when it can be done is a question, that I guess only Hollywood_315 will be able to answer.
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:17 PM   #5534
Hollywood_315

There's many ways to go about this. You can e.g. change your TX mapping dynamically to different physical keys in a single profile using the plugins Exposed Variables.
Alternatively, you can use different TARGET profiles for different aircraft etc.

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack