[REPORTED] Training missions: landing

Redglyph

I noticed a few issues in version 2.5.3.21153:

1) Some texts are not read until the end, they are cut by the next one. For ex the 1st screenshot shows a text that cut the previous one, I think it's mostly on cross and base that this happens.

2) On landing, the displayed text is correct (2nd screenshot, "adjust your landing attitude"), but the audio says "your landing aLtitude".

3) The altimeter is not pre-set to QFE and I haven't seen the airport's altitude, its QNH is not given either, which leaves the pilot without any vertical reference.

4) After stopping at the parking, doing the igniters clean-up then idling, the training mission remains stuck at the "all switch to off" stage, see 3rd and 4th screenshots (it's not easy to see the switches because of those highlighting boxes as usual, but I checked them closely and they are all off). Not sure there was something after, I had to quit in that state.

Hope it helps.

1.jpg.23c0dbffa01ec0a3e003cd0f0998c9be.jpg

2.jpg.db518411b7e18e707c9f6371c509fde0.jpg

Screen_180902_130050.thumb.jpg.1a2a0ec12b661d07c63e18314d7fbac7.jpg

Screen_180902_130057.thumb.jpg.96a4866620bd866cb2897772bff62f38.jpg

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I would provide a .trk, though for most errors above it wouldn't matter, but it's not possible to save them in training lessons unfortunately. Is that why these bugs were not reported?

If those reports are badly perceived by the team, just let me know why, I'm just trying to help.

5) I've also noted an error in the audio or the subtitles, see attachment. We hear "22-25°" and the subtitles show "20-25°".

6) Way before 2nd and 3rd turn, there is already an instruction to turn, it's too early.

UPDATED 1) There are actually more cut texts than in my first test, also in downwind for example, I had 4 of them cut when I re-did the whole landing training. In each case it wasn't possible to hear more than 1-2 seconds at the beginning or to read the text. My speed was correct so it seems due to misplaced triggers.

Screen_180909_132330.jpg.c3ca8474d73ebf0f82f1c72ed2a8b911.jpg

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

OK, thanks, I did see the other thread on 'cold start mission' but that was a different issue, so this looked new to me. I just wanted to make sure those were known, but I see it was already in good hands! :)

• 1 year later...

I have some things to add.

1) When you are told to use the U and W keys to set the parking brake, the U key isn't actually bound by default. I went into Controls, tried to reset the parking brake to Default. It was defaulted at blank.

2) I also got stuck at the "turn all switches off" part. After about 5 minutes of trying to get the training to continue, it then said something to the effect of "congrats, you finished the training". Unfortunately, he never told me how to shut down the engine. If that was due to broken triggers, or skipped audio, I don't know.

I understand that ED took the opportunity to bring this module to the public since they had developped it for a customer already. It's strange to see how quickly it has been discontinued, there were a few fixes right after it was released by autumn 2018 and since then, absolutely nothing, it hasn't mentioned in the logs anymore. It has just remained in early release, and it will probably remain unfinished longer than the Hornet (if it is finished at all one day), yet the F/A-18 is at a completely different level of complexity.

There was also an interesting video by an actual Yak-52 pilot (John Knolla) with very relevant remarks on the flight model, but I haven't seen any reaction to this.

And it's coming with 3 training missions... It's hard not to feel there is zero interest for this module, which is disappointing. It could have been an interesting and fun little module to learn flying. Just because there is no weapon or because it's not as sexy to develop as a Hornet doesn't make it worthless.

I can't help but speculate what they could have achieved in DCS World or for the other modules instead of spending time to (half-heartedly) bring this additional one, that will require some maintenance now and then.

That's just my impression of course, only what I, as a customer, perceive on a purchased airplane.