DCS: Supercarrier Update for 19 March 2020

Wags

• ED Team

Dear valued clients,

We earlier stated that DCS: Supercarrier would be available to play in early access by Q1 2020. However, we will need to postpone the early access release to 15 April 2020 in order to complete the “Stay at Home” Sale. We do not launch large products during an ongoing sale event.

This also gives us more time to complete some needed tasks before the early access release. To be as transparent as possible, we are sharing the DCS: Supercarrier task list to complete before its release:

Issue Type

Summary

Priority

Status

Due Date (if applicable)

End date (if applicable)

Task

Implement network deck crew behavior between players

Stopper

In Progress

Bug

Optimize performance

Stopper

Backlog

13/Mar/20

Bug

Correct aircraft and deck static object collision behavior

Stopper

To Do

09/Apr/20

13/Mar/20

Bug

Correct track replays when aircraft taxi on the deck

Stopper

In Progress

09/Apr/20

Improvement

Non-Carrier Aircraft or non-owner Interaction

Stopper

In Progress

Bug

Long Range Line Up Light tuning

Stopper

In Progress

20/Mar/20

13/Mar/20

Task

Tune PLAT camera video

Stopper

In Review

29/Mar/19

Bug

Synchronize deck crew in MP

Stopper

In Progress

20/Mar/20

13/Mar/20

Task

Synchronization deck crew at player connect

Stopper

In Progress

20/Mar/20

Bug

Tune carrier and aircraft interaction physics Stopper

In Review

09/Apr/20

Task

Correct hold back bar installation on E-2C Hawkeye

High priority

Backlog

Task

Tune the high-detail LSO Station High priority

To Do

Improvement

Improve the LSO human model quality

High priority

In Review

Bug

Reset human player to catapult if player fails alignment to catapult shuttle

High priority

To Do

27/Mar/20

13/Mar/20

Bug

Hold back bar position adjustment after aircraft launch

High priority

To Do

20/Mar/20

Task

Animation and connectors for CVN-72/73/74/75

High priority

In Progress

24/Mar/20

Bug

Correct hangar door texture of the Kuznetsov

High priority

In Progress

20/Mar/20 16/Mar/20

Bug

Static objects placed near the island can snap to highest point on mesh if mistakenly placed on part of the island structure.

Medium priority

Backlog

Bug

Fix ejected pilot falling through deck

Medium priority

To Do

20/Mar/20

Bug

Synchronize server and client jet blast deflector animation

Medium priority

Backlog

13/Mar/20

Bug

Correct Supercarrier unknown indication on RWR

Medium priority

In Review

13/Mar/20

Bug

Add carrier pained deck lines in ME

Medium priority

To Do

20/Mar/20

25/Mar/20

Bug

Correct damaged PAI on catapult Medium priority

In Review

Task

Smoother deck crew transition between sitting and standing poses Medium priority

In Review

Bug

Tune visible carrier damaged model

Medium priority

Backlog

09/Apr/20

Bug

Remove possible desync on first load of multiplayer

Medium priority

Backlog

13/Mar/20

Task

Include Supercarrier in the encyclopedia

Low priority

Backlog

Integration of DCS: F-14 Tomcat is planned to be delivered with Release State version. However, we will try our best to add some Supercarrier functionality to Early Access version too.

Many thanks for your support and patience,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

Edited by BIGNEWY

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Supercarrier list

Bug

Remove possible desync on first load of multiplayer

Medium priority

Backlog

13/Mar/20

Bug

Synchronize deck crew in MP

Stopper

In Progress

20/Mar/20

13/Mar/20

Will this be worked on inline with syncing the rest of multi player in DCS, We all know how bad the warping and Dysnc is. More info would be cool on this.

Using gazelle AND when Multi crew UH-1 released by mistake UH-1 showed same problems.

• ED Team
Expected lack of Tomcat integration at EA release after the animations were already shown to work on the deck reaffirms my choice to save my money for the meantime.

I appreciate the update. See you when it works.

To be clear, we are not saying that the Tomcat will not be compatible at Super Carrier EA launch, we will do our very best with HB to have at least limited functionality.

Thanks,

Matt

Dear valued clients...

Wags: thanks for the update, you folks do your thing. Look forward to it (pre-purchased a while ago). Meantime I've strapped on your Viper and am Hot Rodding around. :thumbup::pilotfly:

Do advise if I can be of any help testing, I have nothing but free time right now.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

The world in lock down and deaths count rising and your response to a delay in a game software ‘just great....’. Great perspective!

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

This is the first time ED have missed an EA release date for... well years, if ever.

Really? What about constantly delays of products and features (including today`s OB)? And 9 months for simply TGP features. But its all good, things can change.

Next time my money will change too and I will not give it to ED.

Really? What about constantly delays of products and features (including today`s OB)? And 9 months for simply TGP features. But its all good, things can change.

Next time my money will change too and I will not give it to ED.

No dates were given for those items.

Don't get me wrong, if EA isn't for you I understand (we'd all like stuff faster). But access to initial EA release has always been on time from what I remember, over the years.

Under the circumstances we presently are experiencing globally, a 15 days delay should be understandable.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

The real bummer is I will have to wait until April for all the bitches about why early access isn’t perfect....

Take the time you need developers! We can use what we have.

Thanks and stay well!!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

So we wont have Supercarrier at the end of Q1, we will have it on 15th april? Another delay? Just great...

So you'd rather they release it at the end of March with all those listed bugs and to do's? And of course you wouldn't complain about one of them right??

SMH...

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

• ED Team
Yes, yes, it always "first delay", it always "things can change"...always the same words. Its just another proof for me to not support any EA again.

Please don't exaggerate the situation there is no need for it.

We have been as open as we can be about the delay, and we will keep everyone informed as we progress.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So you'd rather they release it at the end of March with all those listed bugs and to do's? And of course you wouldn't complain about one of them right??

SMH...

To be fair, that's not what they said at all. It was initially advertised to release Q1, obviously without those bugs. So they're just disappointed that it wasn't releasing when initially planned.

Come on guys a bit of patience, neither those who mindlessly attack OR defend ED when things go to plan are right.