WINWING F/A-18C HOTAS 2019.5.29 RELEASE

WINWING

I am still unable to access the website, either with www or without. This is quite important if the company wants to be taken seriously. Accessibility and customer support are as important to me as the actual product itself, if the company cannot fix this then how can the customers be assured that they will be attended to properly when/if any issue arises?

Winwing: what can be done about your website? I will find it a deal breaker to conduct a financial transaction / give financial information over a non https website. Is this being handled by a third party or are you upgrading your website to provide a secure connection?

Dear Supmua, could you please try to PING http://www.winwing.cn at CMD command? and let me know your local. Thanks a lot.

Dear Milou, we are still update our website with the marketing function. the most terrible thing for the website is Chinese government certification:cry: Almost cost 1 month...still in waiting. after that we could change to http and 8080 port.

All keep in hard work.

Thank you for your support!

Websit:http://WWW.WINWING.CN

FULL METAL F/A-18 HOTAS MANUFACTURER

(Include F18 Joystick/Throttle/Grip/Panels)

FACEBOOK GROUP:https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOTAS/

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK :https://www.facebook.com/winwing.cn/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haa haa. Sure, why not? It is something I would be prepared to do on principle depending on the time commitment. But in principal, sure I would be happy to help. I am a native English speaker anyways.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haa haa. Sure, why not? It is something I would be prepared to do on principle depending on the time commitment. But in principal, sure I would be happy to help. I am a native English speaker anyways.

Oh boy...I see an argument about grey vs gray, colour vs color, and what's a lift? happening.

True story. When I started learning English, a teacher marked "colour" as being wrong on a spelling test. I promptly showed her a book I was reading and she so "OK, but that's not how we spell it...." LOL.

And the forever debate in the Tech world? Rowooter vs roooter. LOL again.

And here you go, I took a shot at it. Also, we need some clarification about the order. It looks like the pre-order will close before the reviews will be out?

PRE-ORDER: JULY, 1ST 9:00 PM(UTC/GMT +8)

Delivery Estimate: We will adjust our product availability for shipment by the pre-order dates. We will do our best to ship before August,31st.

Product Review: We will deliver the full HOTAS setup to selected senior pilots worldwide for an in-depth review on August, 1st. Please feel free to list what you want the reviewers to focus on during the hands on evaluation. The list of pilots will be announced the the public.

PS: Remember, the pre-order window is short-lived. If you like what you see in the reviews be sure to pull the trigger quickly.

Launch Event: The HOTAS launch event will be held between August,15th-31st, in Shanghai

*You will learn more about the product and have the ability to experience the HOTAS firsthand.

*You'll be able to pick up your pre-order onsite. This is restricted to limited orders placed from Chinese page.

*A “Special” gift for fans who attend the event in person.

Pre-order Close: The Pre-order window will close 12 hours before the launch event. Once the window is closed, the price will return to the normal price of $899USD. Please note, if the payment is not received in full, it will be canceled.

US/EU Store House:To reduce the shipping charges and shipping times, we are working hard on the US/EU store infrastructure. The tentative plan is to be operational by October or November of 2019.

Production quantity: Depending on the number of pre-orders, we will try our best to fulfill the order as quickly as possible. Our goal is to ship within one day after receiving the order.

Extension & Z Axis Kit: Joystick eextension kits and Z axis kit will be in stock prior to the August 31st. Additional technical specifications will be release at the same time. Please note, if you pay in full for your pre-order, the kits will ship with your HOTAS pre-order.

Thank you very much for your continued support. We will have further technical specification and business model updates soon. In the meantime please don’t hesitate to send mail to us at info@winwing.cn

Best regards,

WINWING

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Extension & Z Axis Kit: Joystick eextension kits and Z axis kit will be in stock prior to the August 31st. Additional technical specifications will be release at the same time. Please note, if you pay in full for your pre-order, the kits will ship with your HOTAS pre-order.

Did I read this right? You can preorder the extensions, and also the hotas on July 1st? And if you pay for both you get them both in the same delivery?

Thank you!

Edited by memoric

Did I read this right? You can preorder the extensions, and also the hotas on June 1st? And if you pay for both you get them both in the same delivery?

Thank you!

No, you got that wrong. July 1st is start of the preorder. :D

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Just a reminder that I'm nice and close to China and more than happy to do a very thorough review ;)

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Unless you have a youtube channel with a million subscribers, you probably aren't gonna get one for a review

Yeah I know but you can't blame a guy for trying ;)

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Pretty sure AndrewW brought DCBios for F-18C to us cockpit builders. His review would be as much or more value to me as:

Jabbers with 19K subscribers

Hellreign82 with 10k subscribers

Spudknocker with 8.8k subscribers

Growling Sidewinder with 33k subscribers

or, MagzTV with 80k subscribers

Unless you have a youtube channel with a million subscribers, you probably aren't gonna get one for a review

Does this product physically exist yet ? all I can see are some very well rendered 3D models, a web site that doesn't work properly and promotional material that's miss-spelled.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Yeah I know but you can't blame a guy for trying ;)

Lol never. Even if a review came out today, I would take it with a grain of salt. It needs to be torture tested with time. Most issues on these things are due to wear and tear and we need more time than a day or two for that.

Does this product physically exist yet ? all I can see are some very well rendered 3D models, a web site that doesn't work properly and promotional material that's miss-spelled.

It inspires customer's confidence isn't it :D

All joking aside, it's supposed to be July 1st that you can start pre-ordering. I'm not sure those puny-looking desktop mounts in the pictures will keep the devices steady in place, but that throttle would be a perfect fit on my Monstertech Flight Stand. Of course, I'm still hesitant to take the plunge...we'll see.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Pretty sure AndrewW brought DCBios for F-18C to us cockpit builders.

Thanks mate, I did indeed write the Hornet DCBios module. I would give a review unit an absolute smashing, that's for sure.

US$800 (or $1150 in AUD) is quite a lot of money, so I'd want to be sure that someone had really given a set a thorough going over before committing that sort of money.

Look a bit harder, there are plenty of photos and a couple of videos of people holding holding/using the physical items.

FYI: Looks like WinWing is delaying the preorder from 1 July (today) to 5 July due to problems getting their website ready.

That is a good thing because at its current state I’m probably going to wait out. The non-secured web stuff is a red flag to me.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Look a bit harder, there are plenty of photos and a couple of videos of people holding holding/using the physical items.

I haven't seen much except some very realistic renders and a photo of a hand holding a metal stick grip ( the real one being made from resin )

The fact that the website is still mainly in Chinese even when you switch it to English doesn't make finding your way around easy.

I'm deeply cynical about any Chinese product in terms of it's quality and longevity. The last purchase of any value I made from China was a small milling machine ( after I had told myself that I'd never buy another machine tool from that country if I could help it )

The best thing I can say about that was that it worked OK after I had taken it apart, rebuilt it completely and upgraded many of the vital parts. Straight out of the box it was bloody hopeless.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe