F-111 Aardvark Bomber

If I would have to choose a cold war attack plane that there´s no plans in including in DCS righ now, I would say A-7 Corsair. Able to operate both from carriers and airfields, a lot of payload including Shrike and HARMs, Walleye TV guided bombs and Laser Guided bombs, excelent avionics for its era, and not a brick in dogfight with sidewinders and guns. If I have to choose a fighter, I would say the F-8 Crusader.

Edited by Kongamato

Well the F8 is being done by M3 and the A7 is somewhere on Razbams timeline.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

one word...Apache....

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

meeeep KA-50 at least a chopper where you can trust it doesnt hit smthg else like the longbow does /ist even in the Name like english developed longbow wasnt that accurate lol

THe AH64D is more advanced than the Ka50 in avionics, ( glass cockpit configuration is more modern, less analog) and more sensors, like a A/G radar. The only weapons that have supposed accuracy problems are the Radar guided missiles that can be fired without direct line of sight to target, and being fire and forget. So that has its own advantages even if the missile isn't a guaranteed 1 hit kill;

Ah64D has no accuracy problems with laser guidance, however ulimtately utilizing laser guided missiles requires you to be exposed and guide keep a target painted with laser until impact, just as a Ka50 would have to.

Furthermore lAser based muntions can be spoofed by Smoke screen, but disrupting laser LOS. Smoke grenades are very commonplace since at least the 80s, and some tanks have laser warning systems, which will detect the direction, and depending on counter measure program, can be set to auto deploy smoke upon being painted. ( most notably T90)

The radar guided hellfire is meant to be used in contested scenarios, when operating with SAM systems in place defending targets. Whilst its not as accuarate as laser guided munitions, it allows Apache crew to sit behind cover, and shoot fire and forget missiles, without ever having to be exposed.

Sure laser guided muntions can be lased by a recon helo or something, but that still requires someone to be that sacrificial lamb and risk getting shot down by air defences.

Ka50 has better self defence in contested environment due to carrying IR heatseakers, and US ARmy based Ah64D' never did operationally

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The royal "we" I presume?

Cuz to be frank, you are way off with this one! Everyone knows the next module to be taken up for development will be the Tornado.

Absolutely needs to be the GR4 Tornado

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

L-F-111 inspired by Europeans the TORNADO desine.

F-111 unlike the tornado cannot carry nuclear weapons.

F-111 was specialized in precision bombardment with laser-guided bombs.

I personally would give you the priority in the country that planes in DCS do not have as England, Argentina, Portugal and Italy.

L-F-111 inspired by Europeans the TORNADO desine.

F-111 unlike the tornado cannot carry nuclear weapons.

F-111 was specialized in precision bombardment with laser-guided bombs.

I personally would give you the priority in the country that planes in DCS do not have as England, Argentina, Portugal and Italy.

I don´t understant why Portugal is left out of DCS, one of the Nato founders. I think it will be fair to Portugal t be in DCS.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Wags has made the comment on making the world bigger and with what looks like the Syria map in the F-16 trailer, they are only Iraq away from joining 3 maps together. Of course that's all speculation, but it does make sense. The F-111 would be a totally awsome aircraft to have in DCS. DCS would have my money for it.

I would absolutely be flabbergasted if this came into DCS. An absolutely amazing aircraft a lot of people forget about! A legend. We need this, ED! I would gladly buy on the spot.

F-16 Driver Wannabe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would definitely take an F-111, preferably an 80s F-111F but any will do.

There's potential there for an AI Raven too

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

If you honestly expected to post this in the wishlist without telling us who or how this decision was made, expecting people to follow along and help you easily, then you came here to get your dream shattered into pieces by other people.

The Modding Hub is a good place to start, try asking there.

@Sirius thanks for your Feedback, i have no idea how to make A "Wish" also recogniseable for the developers.

so what shall i do ?

btw shattered into peces ------> i would say its a wish and i wanted to give other People(them i cant rech from the Servers i Play on) an idea of what we strated thinking of in a online Server what wasnt posted yet and i think a lot ppl would enjoy the pig.

Have a good one

Edited by Lt_RAzOr_957

I believe it's a matter of time before we see one of the 3rd party developers take this on. There may be a team that has this in the works already, but will need to flush out the some detail in order to get awarded a license from ED to make a full blown project. The topic has been raised before in some other threads if you do a search for the F-111.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Most of the interested people on this subject probably have the F 111 in the other (ahem) sim. She is an absolute joy even without tacpack, just stooging around and getting the landings perfect. In the two greens, brown and black of the RAAF? And the thunder of the full burner takeoff - Mouth-watering...

THe AH64D is more advanced than the Ka50 in avionics, ( glass cockpit configuration is more modern, less analog) and more sensors, like a A/G radar. The only weapons that have supposed accuracy problems are the Radar guided missiles that can be fired without direct line of sight to target, and being fire and forget. So that has its own advantages even if the missile isn't a guaranteed 1 hit kill;

While slightly Off-Topic about F-111, yet want to comment:

The KA-50 prototype we have, main limitation is that ED has not implemented features it would have (R-73, MAWS etc) but are just there with "Not implemented" labels. The AH-64D huge benefit is the monocle to give you a night vision for one eye and having a Co-Pilot with you to do all weapons management while other flies. Sure you can wear NVG in KA-50 but it is not the same thing exactly as Skhval very limited night attack capability is.... Non-existing like the KA-50N does improve. But you don't really need A-G radar at all as the KA-50 has the altitude radar as all helicopters do, but unlike many other utility helicopters you have HUD and you have altitude range there. Just like in AH-64 you anyways want to see where you are flying as power lines and such doesn't appear in the altitude radar but you need to visually spot them.

The Millimeter radar (Longbow) system benefit was to be able scan the area, spot the targets, lock on the targets and get behind the cover and launch the millimeter radar versions of the hellfires on the targets while behind cover. So sure, it is a benefit but if you can't hit target, it is not so much use.

Ah64D has no accuracy problems with laser guidance, however ulimtately utilizing laser guided missiles requires you to be exposed and guide keep a target painted with laser until impact, just as a Ka50 would have to.

That was the idea of the OH-58 so it will do it. A mast mounted targeting system so only it will be visible on the target. But KA-50 has Skhval and range to 8-12km depending altitude and target speed etc, it is possible to stay further away than most SAM's are threat, but the main benefit is the speed of the Vikhr. Speed that was the F-111 benefit. Least amount of exposure. So even if firing same time Vikhr against SAM, the Vikhr reach the SAM first and gives possibility for KA-50 to get back to cover.

But the major thing in the european warfare would be, not the SAM but the AAA and MANPADS. Tens of kilometers covered area is around the SAM. Helicopter doesn't get close to SAM without taking fire and heatseekers coming at it. That was again the idea of the F-111, low and fast in-out and job done. Faster than any AAA/MANPADS can react or catch you. While attack helicopters only way to avoid all that is NOE flying, cover and all counter measurement systems from "disco ball" to more modern "President-S" systems.

Furthermore lAser based muntions can be spoofed by Smoke screen, but disrupting laser LOS. Smoke grenades are very commonplace since at least the 80s, and some tanks have laser warning systems, which will detect the direction, and depending on counter measure program, can be set to auto deploy smoke upon being painted. ( most notably T90)

That is the Skhval system huge benefit. It is basically undetectable, and you can't fool it with smoke.

The Mavericks and Hellfires uses laser spot to aim to. Meaning a powerful laser beam is pointed on the target and it can be detected and blocked by the smoke, rendering it invisible for the missile to seek to. Missile simply goes dumb like laser would have been turned Off. The smoke launchers has as well a IR flares and all kind aluminium and silver pieces that will reflect the laser beams all around, creating huge echo that guides then missile to all over places. They as well blinds the IR cameras, but downside is that you are visible for normal camera as such smokes are not so thick to block everything. But when most attackers use FLIR, it doesn't matter so much.

The Skhval system laser works so that when a Vikhr is launched, the Skhval system starts to emmitt laser beam that is calculated to be 7 meter wide beam at the missile position and power is increased based the range. So it is not tight powerful laser beam like westerns does have, but very wide and so on weak laser that the detectors can't spot. Closer the Vikhr gets, tighter the beam becomes, and that is the moment that final second or two the laser warning system would detect the laser energy and raise alarm, but Vikhr hitting you in couple seconds it is no good use.

You can't either block the Vikhr by smoke as the guidance is at rearward, not front of the missile. So the last meters that the Vikhr will fly through the smoke are not affecting the Vikhr at all as it will hit where it was guided. So only way to really avoid Vikhr is to get visually blocked vision to the Skhval system and then move behind the cover so the Vikhr will hit something else.

And this is common thing with the gunners using Skhval that they manually guide Vikhr for training purpose, they can use the tracking system that does it fine, but manually you can hone your skills too. But considering that you would anyway want to drive behind a hill, forest, building etc, then it doesn't matter anymore as any missile would fail hitting you.

The radar guided hellfire is meant to be used in contested scenarios, when operating with SAM systems in place defending targets. Whilst its not as accuarate as laser guided munitions, it allows Apache crew to sit behind cover, and shoot fire and forget missiles, without ever having to be exposed.

Sure laser guided muntions can be lased by a recon helo or something, but that still requires someone to be that sacrificial lamb and risk getting shot down by air defences.

That someone would be a recon or sniper team/pair. A simple laser pointer and paint the target for long range firing. That is something that Vikhr/Skhval can't do. And what is the great benefit for Hellfire is the LOAL capability.

1) Spot the target, heading and range.

2) Get in cover and launch hellfires at the target.

3) Wait the timer to hit zero, meaning Hellfire has reach good range and is searching the laser.

4) pop-up and laze the target

5) Profit!

But that moment you are behind cover, target can change positions or so on. And there is few second window for gunner to find target, confirm target, lock target and laze it. Not so difficult task but if targets are on the move you can't really do it. But otherwise yes.

Ka50 has better self defence in contested environment due to carrying IR heatseakers, and US ARmy based Ah64D' never did operationally

The best self-defence is movement and NOE. The fighter has very difficult times to spot an attack helicopter that constantly moves behind a new cover after each pass or circle. And likely fighter would be flying in an area where there are MANPADS already nearby and so on become target itself.

Against other helicopters, cannon is far more effective.

But that is again something KA-50 is not modeled, the Vikhr has two warheads, one is the tandem shape charge with impact fuze for AT use. The second is a fragmentation sleeve with proximity fuze for soft targets and air targets.

Before the launching Vikhr, pilot will program the Vikhr to use other of them. If the target is soft or air target, pilot can engage A-A mode. Then at the launch the Vikhr is programmed to use the proximity fuze and fragmentation sleeve.

The same thing is that the pilot needs to active the Head-On mode for Vikhr if the target is fast mover (was it past 250 m/s target) that is flying toward, as it will program the proximity fuze to trigger sooner so the missile doesn't fly past the fighter and explode behind it, but will explode front of it.

And considering that with Vikhr you can engage low level targets flying up to 500 m/s, it is Mach 1.5. And if F-111 sea-level top speed is Mach 1.2 (410m/s).

So even a F-111 that is flying on low level, Vikhr can intercept it and blow it up. Question is just that can the pilot spot the F-111, lock on it and engage it in time?

And that is KA-50 best defence against other aircrafts, why it doesn't really need IR missiles as it has 12 Vikhrs. Even the Su-25T has 16. But it doesn't have those functions implemented and simulated, and many would dirt their pants if either one would get their A-A capability implemented to Vikhr.

But none of those attack helicopters would really be doing what the F-111 was designed for. As F-111 can reach so far in short period of time that it can almost be in-out before anything reacts to it, if the F-111 is not detected before the attack run.

And that is something as well DCS doesn't simulate at all, infantry. We do not have thousands of troops going over the terrains. Dozens of recon teams, sniper teams etc. All sort of infantry infiltrating behind enemy lines, recon the areas, spot the targets, and laze the targets for the fast movers above the skies.

We don't even have the most basic thing in DCS, smoke grandes. Infantry use those to mark their location or give a enemy location or create a visual reference point for attack aircraft pilots, strikers etc. And we have in mission editor a smoke that is like 1km tall and generates more smoke than any container could sustain it.

All talks about all kind fancy technological features, datalinks, A-G radars, JTAC controllers etc. While even today the two things are required:

1) Have a radio communication between an pilot and the ground troops.

2) Have a means to visually inform pilot a given position.

That is all in it. If a infantry platoon is under an attack, enemy already knows about them. To call air support, what you need to do is get the pilot know where you are, and where the enemy is from your position. So you can very well pop a few smoke grenades and tell over radio the direction and distance from the visual reference point the smokes are and then guide with other information if there are like "Sniper in the church tower" or "White building with red roof, next to barn".

A strike fighter pilot like F-111 can't do anything like that. It is not their task or mission.

And we have Viggen that is closest to do job that like F-111 would be doing. But other was designed for other purposes.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

could you just Keep it short i dont have the time to read this and post a Reply to all your Points (probably aslo half the lenght of yours) so im just ignoring it sorry

and it would start an conversation wich is not the Point here when we start going into Details too much

Edited by Lt_RAzOr_957