F-111 Aardvark Bomber

and INDIA? Have you not taken it into consideration?

You're missing the point, entirely.

India, the former British colony, the India that sent means to space in India has the atomic bomb. INDIA ALSO PRODUCES AIRCRAFT AS THE FAMOUS TEJAS.

And, again, you have to find so many things to get it function.

You can't just conjure up a model an expect it to work.

Chinese airplanes? in dcs NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. China is considered the future world power in DCS no Chinese aircraft. UNBELIEVABLE only American aircraft I have the nausea of ​​American aircraft.

Have you been following Deka?

the only successful project from America according to me the famous F-16 that deserves all its considerations the rest of the American airplanes with f-35 are a bluff.

And you are who, exactly? :music_whistling:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

And you are who, exactly? :music_whistling:[/quote

I'm an Italian and from my experience of co that the American airmen are a bluff they cost too much technology and lack basic engineering studies of aerodynamic science. The F35 that we Italians bought from you Americans cost too much and we Italians not only have to assemble them but we also have to make engineering changes with additional costs for the whole project. I would have preferred if the Italians bought airplanes from the Russians cost less and are finished products.

AMERICAN AIRPLANE VERY VERY HIGHT COST BUT FAIULURE BASIC IGEGNIERSTIC STUDY. I PREFER RUSSIAN AIRPLANE IS COMPLETE PRODUCT.

Edited by Xilon_x

Im with the Harlequin, we have lots of planes already but the whole environment needs to liven up first.

Precision strike, buildings in command chains, depleting morale, depleting logistics, attrition, dynamics, political will, surveillance, smarter AI....

Runway denial too.

Edited by Mr_Burns

As an Aussie would love an F-111, day one buy for me (Just have to look at my profile picture I guess). Saw one fly at an airshow before they were retired and its a fantastic looking jet on the ground and in the air.

Interdiction strike missions are a load of fun in DCS but I do agree that it needs to be fleshed out some more to be really good, at the very least more static object assets to blow up.

And you are who, exactly? :music_whistling:[/quote

I'm an Italian and from my experience of co that the American airmen are a bluff they cost too much technology and lack basic engineering studies of aerodynamic science. The F35 that we Italians bought from you Americans cost too much and we Italians not only have to assemble them but we also have to make engineering changes with additional costs for the whole project. I would have preferred if the Italians bought airplanes from the Russians cost less and are finished products.

AMERICAN AIRPLANE VERY VERY HIGHT COST BUT FAIULURE BASIC IGEGNIERSTIC STUDY. I PREFER RUSSIAN AIRPLANE IS COMPLETE PRODUCT.

You do realize that Sprey is a charlatan, right?

Also, getting local production is kind of a good thing.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

You do realize that Sprey is a charlatan, right?

Also, getting local production is kind of a good thing.

IKR when people use Pierre Sprey as a so called "SME" for thier opinion/

he as part of the so called "reformer movement" literally lost any reamining credibility after the gulf war. The only people who have had the audacity past the point as SME's were a few biased mainstream liberal media's outlets. Anyone who is in the defense community or even Aviation enthusiast don't ( and can't) take him seriously.

Same guy who claimed M1 would fail in combat, and was inferior to what it replaced, , and same guy who said the F15 would fail because it was still too big ( not as light as F16) and had too much unnecessary "junk". The nonsense he spouts with the F35 and Stealth concept is no different. Even now he looks like a fool again given the F35's success's at RED flag, and in contrast to opinions of actual F35 pilots.

His mindset is basically stuck that of 1960s. He wasnt even quite content with the F16A as even the first blocks were ultimately produced with Radars on board. If Pierre had his way we would have F-5A like planes with nothing more than Analog Instruments, no Radars, only a pair of heatseakers and basic gun-sight. Obsolescent for the modern battlefield.

Here are some refereces and you will see the "quack". Purely put lots of his write to support the argument of his opinons is just purely factually incorrect.

http://pogoarchives.org/labyrinth/09/07.pdf

reflective of his older opinions

http://pogoarchives.org/labyrinth/11/12.pdf

And why Stealth and the sort of avionics technology it offers does matter in the 21st century for the users that had used SPrey as a source

TLDR

X Xilon, you should be lucky your country ITaly has bought F35's. This is a a very capable aircraft in your hands. I certainly wish my country did, and would have had our current PM not interfered in making F35 acquisition a political election matter, back in 2015

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Kev2go, that's a great video of a Marine retired Lt Col agreeing with the majority of what Spey says, and wheels out the 'military professionals never lie, inflate, or exaggerate', which Spey correctly shoots down. From kill counts in Vietnam, to Oliver North, military members of all ranks have either bent the truth or outright lied when their ass was on the line.

Do I think pilots criticise the F-35 up the chain... most probably do, as the Lt Colonel says. Do they do it publicly, even if it is in the tax-paying public's interest to do so? Not if they want to fly - let alone have a service career - ever again.

Apparently you can talk up an F-35 that even the Lt Col says has issues - that takes 4-5 reboots to even fly as the best we are gonna get... and that's not 'hype'.

You cant talk it down to the same degree without being an uninformed 'charlatan', despite being involved in some of the most iconic and capable aircraft that delivered.. and still do today.

The Colonel talks about the Network, the sensor fusion, the information access as being absolutely necessary in future war. I'd agree its definitely a game changer and something you want to have. Spey talks about what if that is not there? What if its jammed, hacked, there's solar flares which render satellites inoperable... or as currently happens seemingly frequently... it just CTD's on you in a dogfight. Can the fighter operate as a fighter within itself with stick, rudder, and basic sensors?

For example: A Hornet is certainly crippled without its radar if it is jammed or malfunctions, but you can uncage the IR seeker and use it that way. You can use the gun - its unjammable, un-decoyable, and the only thing that will stop a bullet is armour plating which enemy aircraft don't have.

I see talk of things like 'wont have to dogfight' and like Spey I am equally concerned as a taxpayer in a country that IS buying and now flying the F-35 because that is the exact same thing they said in the 50s and 60s. Its why F-4s needed gunpods (I noted the visual reference). It had to be redesigned to fit something 'experts' told us we'd never need - despite I am sure many others - you'd call them charlatans - saying you do.

You can decry Spey all you want, but his criticism has foundations in common sense, experience, and knowledge, and if you view it as the words of someone that wants the same thing - the best fighters we can have for the purposes we need them, rather than someone dropping a turd in your birthday cake - then you know, as I am sure he does, that proving him wrong achieves that, as much as him being right.... because without that criticism, it might not be tested.

Edited by Ironwulf

Kev2go, that's a great video of a Marine retired Lt Col agreeing with the majority of what Spey says, and wheels out the 'military professionals never lie, inflate, or exaggerate', which Spey correctly shoots down. From kill counts in Vietnam, to Oliver North, military members of all ranks have either bent the truth or outright lied when their ass was on the line.

Do I think pilots criticise the F-35 up the chain... most probably do, as the Lt Colonel says. Do they do it publicly, even if it is in the tax-paying public's interest to do so? Not if they want to fly - let alone have a service career - ever again.

Apparently you can talk up an F-35 that even the Lt Col says has issues - that takes 4-5 reboots to even fly as the best we are gonna get... and that's not 'hype'.

You cant talk it down to the same degree without being an uninformed 'charlatan', despite being involved in some of the most iconic and capable aircraft that delivered.. and still do today.

The Colonel talks about the Network, the sensor fusion, the information access as being absolutely necessary in future war. I'd agree its definitely a game changer and something you want to have. Spey talks about what if that is not there? What if its jammed, hacked, there's solar flares which render satellites inoperable... or as currently happens seemingly frequently... it just CTD's on you in a dogfight. Can the fighter operate as a fighter within itself with stick, rudder, and basic sensors?

For example: A Hornet is certainly crippled without its radar if it is jammed or malfunctions, but you can uncage the IR seeker and use it that way. You can use the gun - its unjammable, un-decoyable, and the only thing that will stop a bullet is armour plating which enemy aircraft don't have.

I see talk of things like 'wont have to dogfight' and like Spey I am equally concerned as a taxpayer in a country that IS buying and now flying the F-35 because that is the exact same thing they said in the 50s and 60s. Its why F-4s needed gunpods (I noted the visual reference). It had to be redesigned to fit something 'experts' told us we'd never need - despite I am sure many others - you'd call them charlatans - saying you do.

You can decry Spey all you want, but his criticism has foundations in common sense, experience, and knowledge, and if you view it as the words of someone that wants the same thing - the best fighters we can have for the purposes we need them, rather than someone dropping a turd in your birthday cake - then you know, as I am sure he does, that proving him wrong achieves that, as much as him being right.... because without that criticism, it might not be tested.

Um no no no and more no. You've completely spun this.

THe LT colonel if anything counters most of the arguments that sprey makes which are based on myths. He simply does it in a civil manner, and only tried to agree for the sake of common ground.

Spreys criticism is mostly unfounded, and in some instances based on myths or incorrect assertions and paints the F35 as a platform thats a POS since inception when in reality its a solid concept that really only needed some bugs worked out from its Initial service ( IOC) deceleration.

Remember that initial IOC software was version 3i since 2015/earl;y 2016. Its currently Running on block 3F since end of 2018 which is described as giving it full operational capacity, which also includes allowing the Flight control system giving it 9G maneuver capability. ITs ready to go to war. and its only going ot get continual updates in capability as SDB integration is planned from 2020 with block 4 software

MR Spreys is very disingenuous at times with the arguments, which doesn't make him in a position to be a critic to make of the supposedly broken system. Even well known Defence journalist Tyler Rogoway has called out Pierre sprey stating "Mr. Sprey is a controversial figure, and I do enjoy listening to him largely for entertainment purposes. I do agree with some of what he says, at least at face value, but he quickly loses credibility because by and large he is like a used car salesman, he only shows you what he wants you to see". He went on in his article to very much counter many of Spreys critisim made in televised interviews in his article.

Even a Russian military expert Vladislav Shurygin has ackowledged saying that the F35 is truly revolutionary for what it is, and that most of its criticism is unfair, if anything nothing more than a slander attempt, and that with such a serial production of the aircraft the Americans will have big advantage within aerial power projection capabilities.

Its one thing to be a Critics, but criticism has to be fairly founded and applied where is due and certainly a reformer he is not. The engineers know what they are doing and thats why the idea of "test pilots" exists.

And furthermore people keeping bringing up the 60s. Even in spite of technological infancy with the limitations of early of missiles and early radars The real problem was not the technology or the lack of gun. It was lack of proper training of how to utilize and how to properly maintain it.

The USAF decided to add gunpods, and eventual integrated gun in the F4E version. It didn't do much for them. US navies solution? Top GUN. Pilots that graduated from TOP gun that flew phantoms without any guns and ended up scoring higher kills than their USAF counterparts sporting those precious guns. USAF noted this error and eventually started RED FLAG exercises but not in time for it to make an impact in Vietnam. for additional statistics speaking Majority of air kill in Vietnam were still with missiles, and not guns.

Past is the past. The proper training regimens are there, equipment is maintained and the technology has gotten only better resulting an even greater ease of scoring kill than with older generation weaponry, as well as increasing lethality.

Besides its F35 isn't only carrying radar guided missiles it has both heat seakers and a internal gun.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Come in here to discuss 111, find a debate on F-35’s and Pierre Sprey. Seriously?

Back on topic, I’d think this module should be relatively straightforward given what’s been accomplished and what’s in development from its era. Now if the EF-111 made an appearance, that would certainly get my attention.

• Like 1

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...