The Battle of the Stretch Goal

luthier1

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All right folks, pretty much ready to hit Publish on the new changes on KS that reset the NON BACKER free game to one flyable aircraft.

While opinions differ, I will not change anything with any existing rewards tiers. I.e. if you had backed at $1 before, or will back at $1 at any time before Oct 5, you WILL receive the three currently stated free aircraft.

While I understand that decision, based on (I think) being able to show your main funders a large number of pledgers, I still think it's incredibly unfair to those that don't know about this KickStarter yet and would have pledged. Putting in $1 before Oct. 5 will get you the whole thing for free, and after Oct. 5 not? Repeating myself; the fence-sitters and free-loaders will laughingly put in their dollar and get away with it. Please reconsider, and think about the guy that is currently on business travel or going through personal trouble. You're not talking to the "one dollar crowd" here (apart from that one troll maybe). Asking $40 for 3 planes is not too much, giving them away for $1 is.
Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

I'm just afraid that if Ilya will go on with his plan we'll see a lot of 1$ pledges till the end of the KS (surprised they aren't there already) as this option will still get you all 3 planes.

This will not increase the fund much. If he's going for one free plane only then the current state of 1$ should be locked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"incredibly unfair" (It's just the KS as it was for a month??? with a few days to go it's being unfair?)

I believe there will be 1$ pledges and maybe a lot. But moving those that wouldn't back at all, are now considering to back at any pledge for the few days left.

A backer is good on board, it generates influences amongst their friends, relatives. Just a few days that can be enough to get a stir for newer backers.

If the non-backers are changed to limit 1 or possibly 2 planes (allies-axis)

For a realistic multiplayer (wich this title should be on the fence about)

It is a reasonable thing to maintain the promise for a backer on KS and not to divide backers amongst eachother.

Latest post Ilya in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1890172&postcount=91

Edited by Cnuke

Oh my goodness ... capture the flag with flashing objects...

Just like I said, the 3000 "full real hardcore" ww2 sim pilots in the world will hate this cheesy idea ;-) And for the record, the thought was that the objective would flash on the map and not the objects in the world... I don't want to go all in...

But I truly believe that combining a real hardcore sim engine with the game play elements that drag hundreds of thousands of players into War thunder could be an investment that pays off to drag new blood into our small niche? I have been wrong before though :)

For me it's very annoying to play a flight simulator that does not give a realistic immersion of flying a real aircraft, but having some cheesy "fun for all" multiplayer modes would be nice the evenings when you just have 30-60 mins for gaming. For someone new to the genre it may not be their idea of fun to spend 45 minutes just to find the action and then get shot down without knowing what hit them? But it sure is realistic ;-) But will they come back after a few more sorties like that?

There must be a reason why UK dedicated 1 is so popular on Hyperlobby, even though it has cockpits off etc, and some fast action like the one I propose... No arcade FM etc, but fast action for us that still remember all the Biggles books :)

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

It is a reasonable thing to maintain the promise for a backer on KS and not to divide backers amongst each other.
I don't really care for the $1 pledge crowd; they're like free-loaders in my opinion. Among us we have a fellow that generated his $40 pledge by doing farm work. He didn't have funds to pledge before that. After Oct. 5, people who find out about the KickStarter will be left with one free plane, while the free-loaders will have it all for $1. You think that is fair? All planes for $40 is fair. And until yesterday I was under the impression that you would have to put in $40 to get all. My bad, but that's my idea of fairness.

Just like I said, the 3000 "full real hardcore" ww2 sim pilots in the world will hate this cheesy idea ;-)
It's just not my "cup of tea". I associate "capture the flag" with chaotic multi-player attempts and teamkillers.
Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

And until yesterday I was under the impression that you would have to put in $40 to get all. My bad, but that's my idea of fairness.

It's just not my "cup of tea". I associate "capture the flag" with chaotic multi-player attempts and teamkillers.

So was I when you read the $1 reward it says nothing about getting all the planes for free just access to forums and such.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

So was I when you read the $1 reward it says nothing about getting all the planes for free just access to forums and such.

That is the way I read it as well...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1. That Amraam fellow is your huckleberry. ;)

2. Really, this almost made me cancel my pledge. I am so confused as it is with what I have put in against what I may get. It could not be more confusing if you tried.

3. Right from the start one of the first questions that came up was why no Paypal! Of course this is a good idea.

4. To me, just bundle the P-51 and the Fw190 with a good map, thats it, theres your project off the ground with a loyal following bar none. Bundle dedicated server software on release and the lobbies will fill up overnight!!!!

All this other stuff can come later, and personally, a Me-262, why? Wtf are we going to do with that, seriously?

Rather the fighters and much later 2 heavy bombers ( much later)

5. The economics of this type of development escape me however from a loyal customer perspective that owns practically every DCS module, things are changing to much.

Set a direction that is concrete, its all a bit iffy at the moment.

People want to know that if they part with their money, something (even one airframe) will come out of it.

The focus of all the feedback seems to be on stretch goals when nothing is really guaranteed on the initial goals.

Please, this is me trying to add constructive criticism. I do not live on the forums everyday, so am not up to speed with what has or has not been said, consider this the opinion of someone that has pledged, is a bit confused and who's opinion is based on the email feedback from the Dev team+vid links only.

I respect this dev team incredibly. Some of the best names in flight sim development assembled trying to get this to fly, and I really hope it all comes off.

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Don't you guys read the description of a project you supposedly took part in? It was stated explicitly that 3 planes will be free. So if $0 gets you them $1 gets you them as well.

This whole KS hasn't been thought through as without stretch goals there is virtually no difference between $10 and $40 pledge (assuming you'll get p15d and dora before the release which is probably a case for majority). And the only difference between $0 and $10/$40 is/was alpha/beta access.

Edited by Havner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't you guys read the description of a project you supposedly took part in? It was stated explicitly that 3 planes will be free. So if $0 gets you them $1 gets you them as well.

This whole KS hasn't been thought through as without stretch goals there is virtually no difference between $10 and $40 pledge (assuming you'll get p15d and dora before the release which is probably a case for majority). And the only difference between $0 and $10/$40 is/was alpha/beta access.

Actually no, I did not scroll that far down through all the details/pictures to get to the part that the free downloadable version will include three fully flyable aircraft. I doubt I am the only one that did not, I pay more attention to what is listed in what I initially am looking at on the site. And what I saw immediately were the different pledge amounts and what it got you, should one choose a reward based on the pledge. And frankly I had a hard time trying to figure out, just what reward I would get based on what I was reading.

And yes, I not only took part in it, but more than doubled my pledge here a couple of weeks or so ago. First one that comes up, is the $1.00 or more pledge stating you get " Our heartfelt thanks, access to the backer section with weekly development updates, videos, and more, and a special BACKER medal "

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

First one that comes up, is the $1.00 or more pledge stating you get " Our heartfelt thanks, access to the backer section with weekly development updates, videos, and more, and a special BACKER medal "
They should have mentioned right up top that the base game with three planes will be free to play, with additional planes as "modules" that can be baught and plugged into the F2P-base-game.

Needs not more cowbell, but smarter PR, really.

Edited by BabyJail

I did read it, and from the start there was no mention of the Mustang or Dora being included (rights owned by ED) nor 3 free RRG planes (Bf.109, Spitfire, P-47). Only later there was talk of the 3 RRG planes being included for free, a decision I think of as unfair and should be revised in the light of generating more KickStarter funds and fairness toward the "$40 and up pledgers" (the vast majority here) and future buyers of the game.

I did read it, and from the start there was no mention of the Mustang or Dora being included (rights owned by ED) nor 3 free RRG planes (Bf.109, Spitfire, P-47). Only later there was talk of the 3 RRG planes being included for free, a decision I think of as unfair and should be revised in the light of generating more KickStarter funds and fairness toward the "$40 and up pledgers" (the vast majority here) and future buyers of the game.

Sorry HJM you're not correct there. The three free aircraft together with the free game were in the kickstarter description from the beginning. This hasn't changed but now maybe it will.

MAC

• ED Team
Sorry HJM you're not correct there. The three free aircraft together with the free game were in the kickstarter description from the beginning. This hasn't changed but now maybe it will.

MAC

I think he means that it wasnt clear, and that common sense spoke to the fact that 3 aircraft at the level of the P-51D wouldnt/coudnt be given away, which was what i thought at the beginning as well...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png