F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, quick question : does anyone have a quick fix on how to allign the tail and rudder part of the skin? I can't get it right, except ny 137 trial and error, pixel by pixel, and it's driving me crazy!

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Im not sure if this is bug, however I recently noticed that all the 14 skins i have are defaulting the wing pylons and underbelly pylons with the generic weathered gray. What would change this?

I dont really dive around files too much, with the exception of changing the name of the skin so its in order in game, using notepad. noticed it today

Folks, quick question : does anyone have a quick fix on how to allign the tail and rudder part of the skin? I can't get it right, except ny 137 trial and error, pixel by pixel, and it's driving me crazy!

Welcome to skinning the Tomcat. All I can say is I have not found an easy and consistent way, no.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Welcome to skinning the Tomcat. All I can say is I have not found an easy and consistent way, no.

Aw hell, I figured it out in the end, but what a darned ride this has been!! I'll try and post a couple screenshots of my virtual squadron bird I did later on today or tomorrow.

BTW, does anyone have a helmet template to work with?

It's the price we all need to pay to the God of Cool! :D

Sometimes I'd wish I didn't have stupid ideas to do skins for these birds! :lol:

I'll try to post some pics tonight, quite happy as to how it turned out.

ef4e66cd-f4c6-4c51-bbec-eb2fc5972295

Does anybody know the font used for the BUNO plate? I'm trying to edit the cockpits for my group so that the BuNos match the jets, and I can't get a match for the font. Any help would be appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

Maybe this will help?

Link to PNG since it seems the forum converts to jpg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzd365prroqf50z/HB_F14_EXT_TAIL_GRID.png?dl=0

HB_F14_EXT_TAIL_GRID.thumb.jpg.e99e005fe1f33cd273d070fa981970a1.jpg

Edited by ensamvarg

Hello

Paintkit listed in first post is failing due to network error. Thanks

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Hi there. I'm working on gathering all the files in a location that has better speeds.

You can find it here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ICHqWDSY4626tnhPJUvKD6-11Yln1uh9?usp=sharing

Thank you for responding so quickly and to a minor thing.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I also found some weirdness in the UVWs along the back of the aircraft around the vertical stabilizers, it messes up the red stripes when you do high vis style liveries:

oA1ZlGq.png

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]