Skinners: Let's pool our efforts

Home Fries

My skin is nearing completion, just need a few more tweaks. Was trying to mimic this 1991 scheme, getting close.

I am curious about the very helpful files linked in this thread from 59 Ravens and Home fries. (really wish I had found these a few days ago lol) May we use these if we want to release a skin for public download, if giving you fellas credit? They are insanely helpful, but I don't want to step on any toes.

A0pb2Yz.jpg

Thanks

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

My skin is nearing completion, just need a few more tweaks. Was trying to mimic this 1991 scheme, getting close.

I am curious about the very helpful files linked in this thread from 59 Ravens and Home fries. (really wish I had found these a few days ago lol) May we use these if we want to release a skin for public download, if giving you fellas credit? They are insanely helpful, but I don't want to step on any toes.

Thanks

Skin looks great :)

The PSD's I made are for everyone to use and enjoy :) if you need any help let me know

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Nice looking skin!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

A0pb2Yz.jpg

Thanks

Looks great. I won’t complain if you give me credit for the markings, but in this case I don’t expect it either.

Look forward to its release.

Shank09 is up on the DCS site. Thanks guys for the assist. Was fun, and a great way for me to dive back into skinning so I am ready for the hornet :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3131476/

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

For Joey 45, Could you do the IL-76 in RAF Colours as we don't have another tanker, It's just a bit unrealistic to tank off an Il, when I'm usually trying to knock off their hardware. Kinda blows the immersion bit. No problem if your'e busy.

Already in the works....

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Anyone knows why in the new 2.5 some skins I have with custom specular maps are not working (the speculars I mean)?¿?¿?...the lua is the same as in 2.2 where they work fine...in 2.5 the default speculars override the custom one...btw, Im not talking about skins made by my but the Porcorosso86 ones...

thanks!!

Take a look at my MODS here

Is defered shading on???

Most liveries need to be updated for RoughMets

on ma mobile

yeah, its on...I suspected it could be the roughmet thing, but not sure if its enabled by default in the AV-8 in 2.5??...that would explain the issue certainly...

EDIT: Yeah, I have just checked it and yes, AV-8 uses Roughmet as default now...skins need to edit lua files according then...great news btw!, finally roughmet is becoming the standard :thumbup:

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

Just finish mine, first skin after being out of DCS for aobut a year, bought the Harrier a few days ago, had to create the skin to get in my RCAF fleet, another one to the fleed addition, made the pilot, speculars, since the provided template yet has not a single marking in it, i had to retyped them all, all the NO STEPS markings, all WARNINGS etc... need to say i also did all the numbered metal plates forming the aircraft :P. :)

Love this aircraft.

nkwK7XT.jpg

nkwK7XT

DZtrLMY.jpg

cZcF3JK.jpg

Very nice skins in this thread! Is there any desert pink skins? I couldnt find any.

That's an idea.... As I have the templates open in Photoshop........;)

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Thank you Sir! That would be simply effing awesome to see the Harrier over Nevada in such colour:thumbup: :)

A quick one before bed.....

J8Kh2u7.jpg