Razbam Teasing CH-53 Sea Stallion??

OnlyforDCS

Well came accross this while surfing this morning. Interesting. Very interesting. So, it appears the cat is out of the bag, or the bunny is out of the hole, or something....

...anyway, so I can't really tell from that picture, I would love the Super Sea Stallion, but somehow I doubt we will be getting that, any ideas on which version/variant we will eventually be getting?

This is a nice chopper, which reminds me I really need to reinstall the Huey or Hind, and go for a fly in Normandy. :)

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/photos/a.316309961788982.75719.316077818478863/1374080826011885/?type=3&theater

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Holy crap, I missed that thread somehow. So is it really a Super Stallion? Cos that would be damn awesome! Im a sucker for heavy lift choppers. Really am. (Ashamed that I don't really fly the Mi8 anymore but then again it's only a medium chopper)

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Holy crap, I missed that thread somehow. So is it really a Super Staiion? Cos that would be damn awesome! Im a sucker for heavy lift choppers. Really am. (Ashamed that I don't really fly the Mi8 anymore but then again it's only a medium chopper)

Fun fact: The CH-53 is designated as a "medium transport helicopter" in the german armed forces, and no, we don't have any heavier helicopter and never had. :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's interesting, did the German Armed Forces also field the CH-53E (Super Stallion). Because according to Wikipedia it actually has 1.8 times the carrying capacity of the "lighter" Ch-53 versions...

800px-USMC-101210-M-1842C-182.jpg

Edited by OnlyforDCS
  • Like 1

first day buy!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I can't imagine this is for anything other than an AI asset to support their ships. RAZBAM has a ton on its plate already, adding in yet another module to active development when they've got 5 on this list already, none of those finished, and a sixth on "indefinite hold", seems farfetched to me.

That's interesting, did the German Armed Forces also field the CH-53E (Super Stallion). Because according to Wikipedia it actually has 1.8 times the carrying capacity of the "lighter" Ch-53 versions...

You're right, Germany is just using a modified D-version.

Now the question is: Which variant is RAZBAM developing?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I can't imagine this is for anything other than an AI asset to support their ships. RAZBAM has a ton on its plate already, adding in yet another module to active development when they've got 5 on this list already, none of those finished, and a sixth on "indefinite hold", seems farfetched to me.

Well, have you seen VEAOs road map? RAZBAMs is small in comparison ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, have you seen VEAOs road map? RAZBAMs is small in comparison ;)

The modules I'm referring to are their active development list, I've deliberately not noted roadmap aircraft as they require no personnel to work on. Once they do start drawing a significant enough portion of personel, then they transfer to the active list.

With that said, VEAO clocks in at an absurd 9 modules under 'active' development, however in my defense, most of those modules represent a non-significant amount of dedicated resources, and thus the VEAO active roster is closer to 3, the Hawk, P-40F and Eurofighter Tranche 1 Block 5.

Edited by Tirak

Ever heard of the phrase, everything is subject to change? :)

Seriously, I think Razbam is allowed to change or make additions to their roadmap just like everyone else. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that the Stallion has been pushed up the list. They might have come accross a treasure trove of data for the chopper that would allow them to put it on the list, or maybe they got a licence from Sikorsky to produce it for DCS, or whatever really, etc. etc.

Fact of the matter is we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, and I doubt that they would tease us with something which was already pitched by CptSmiley in another thread, if they were only going to do an AI model.

Ever heard of the phrase, everything is subject to change? :)

Seriously, I think Razbam is allowed to change or make additions to their roadmap just like everyone else. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that the Stallion has been pushed up the list. They might have come accross a treasure trove of data for the chopper that would allow them to put it on the list, or maybe they got a licence from Sikorsky to produce it for DCS, or whatever really, etc. etc.

Fact of the matter is we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, and I doubt that they would tease us with something which was already pitched by CptSmiley in another thread, if they were only going to do an AI model.

I'm not talking about roadmap modules, I'm talking about modules currently receiving man hour time. It seems very strange that RAZBAM would want to swap out any of their current actives to dedicate on their first chopper.

Dropping the Mirage 2000C is out of the question as it's already released and needs avionics and FM updates. Swapping the AV-8B(NA) would be nonsensical after the major 6 month crunch they just did on it. The Mirage IIICJ and the MiG-19P are complimentary modules and will boost each other in sales, so scrapping one is not really and option, and the MiG-19P team was brought on specifically for that module. Finally the Super Tucano is in such an advanced stage in development that ditching it after so much time was put into it seems completely absurd from a financial standpoint.

None of the current active development modules are in a position where dropping them would make sense. So are they bringing on another team? I can't imagine that is a financially viable thing to do before they put out their AV-8B module.

I'm not talking about roadmap modules, I'm talking about modules currently receiving man hour time. It seems very strange that RAZBAM would want to swap out any of their current actives to dedicate on their first chopper.

Dropping the Mirage 2000C is out of the question as it's already released and needs avionics and FM updates. Swapping the AV-8B(NA) would be nonsensical after the major 6 month crunch they just did on it. The Mirage IIICJ and the MiG-19P are complimentary modules and will boost each other in sales, so scrapping one is not really and option, and the MiG-19P team was brought on specifically for that module. Finally the Super Tucano is in such an advanced stage in development that ditching it after so much time was put into it seems completely absurd from a financial standpoint.

None of the current active development modules are in a position where dropping them would make sense. So are they bringing on another team? I can't imagine that is a financially viable thing to do before they put out their AV-8B module.

Why do you think that the chopper would be moved to the top of the list? Who said anything about dropping modules? And finally if all the 3d modeling work for example (or any other work that needs to be done) is pretty much complete on some or all of those modules, why do you think that the people responsible for that work can't continue or start work on something else?

• Like 1

Why do you think that the chopper would be moved to the top of the list? Who said anything about dropping modules? And finally if all the 3d modeling work for example (or any other work that needs to be done) is pretty much complete on some or all of those modules, why do you think that the people responsible for that work can't continue or start work on something else?

Because it represents a man hour commitment. RAZBAM has soft committed on an AV-8B+, F-15E, A-7 and A-6 module with the caveat that they will come after the Hornet has released and the ground radar code is given to third parties. That code is going to take some time to get figured out and integrated properly, so the first of the RadarBAM aircraft will be a steep commitment in time and manpower.

In addition, the community has wanted those modules badly, and are extremely vocal about that. Delaying the release of the RadarBAM aircraft in favor of a heavy lift chopper, when most of the support systems to make those choppers a viable and interesting asset to the widest possible audience, would be a misstep, and not supported by the majority of the community. For reference, i would like to point out BST's announcement of an AH-1G Cobra, that received such a negative response, the company pushed to get permission to produce and AH-1W in order to placate customers.

Now that there might be chance for a CH-53 module is there also a higher chance now for an AI KC-130 tanker now?

Would love to do AAR with the Stallion from a tanker.

And regarding the different versions not all CH-53's were equiped with a refueling probe so I think, whether AI or Player controlled, we should get at least a CH-53E then, right?

Because it represents a man hour commitment .... Delaying the release of the RadarBAM aircraft in favor of a heavy lift chopper

I guess the point of the pic is to get us to speculate, but I am still amazed at how folks can speculate so .... wildly.

Especially in the face of hard information to the contrary.

Developers have indicated time and time and time again that it is not an all or nothing thing. Work on module does not necessarily mean work taken away from another module. Some work proceeds more quickly than others, while others move more slowly. Yet the team persists. Sometimes a particular module is stuck on part of the pipeline, leaving the rest of the team with idle hands. So while one --- or even several --- modules are being worked on by some of the team, or waiting their turn to be worked on by some of the team, other members of team get cracking on another module. This issue of zero-sum game development comes up whenever the idea of new module gets floated, or even when people get upset about perceived delays in their favorite module .... and the answer is always the same.

Now, I am not saying you are wrong about the conclusion that this is an AI ... just your reasoning for it is totally off.

And as far as measuring popularity goes, neither you nor I know about the relative demand for an iconic big heavy lift helicopter that has seen and continues to see active service around the world in combat as well as non-combat operations vs. say, a niche B-list long-retired aircraft that after a short, uneventful career faded quietly away in retirement. ( ;) j/k, of course )

• Like 1

You're right, Germany is just using a modified D-version.

Now the question is: Which variant is RAZBAM developing?

Some user more informed than me said:

The AAQ-29 mounted on a boom offset port gives it away as a modernized CH-53E Super Sea Stallion. There are no S-65's that have had a FLIR mounted in this way.

CH53_Super_Stallion.jpg

• Like 1

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

About the whole manhour fuss..

You guys do realize that every member or members of their team has their own craftsmanship, so there is 3D Modelling, texturing, animations, coding and God knows what else there is. Half of the modules discussed here are already in the coding phase which usually takes the most time by far. So what do you do with the rest of the crew that does not know how to code but can only model? Right, you think of something new, you think ahead, you think about the future. And everytime they do that, and show it to the public, 50% of the people lose their shit and get hyped, the other 50% starts nagging about 'unfinished modules like the M2K' and 'they already are working on 5 new planes while they have not even finished 1'. I mean seriously, lets the developers do their job and we will do ours, which is buy their product,enjoy it and provide them with valuable feedback after we have acutally flown the thing. If we leave all the rest to them then this community would be so much better.

• Like 1

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I guess the point of the pic is to get us to speculate, but I am still amazed at how folks can speculate so .... wildly.

Especially in the face of hard information to the contrary.

Developers have indicated time and time and time again that it is not an all or nothing thing. Work on module does not necessarily mean work taken away from another module. Some work proceeds more quickly than others, while others move more slowly. Yet the team persists. Sometimes a particular module is stuck on part of the pipeline, leaving the rest of the team with idle hands. So while one --- or even several --- modules are being worked on by some of the team, or waiting their turn to be worked on by some of the team, other members of team get cracking on another module. This issue of zero-sum game development comes up whenever the idea of new module gets floated, or even when people get upset about perceived delays in their favorite module .... and the answer is always the same.

Now, I am not saying you are wrong about the conclusion that this is an AI ... just your reasoning for it is totally off.

And as far as measuring popularity goes, neither you nor I know about the relative demand for an iconic big heavy lift helicopter that has seen and continues to see active service around the world in combat as well as non-combat operations vs. say, a niche B-list long-retired aircraft that after a short, uneventful career faded quietly away in retirement. ( ;) j/k, of course )

Flight model coding and avionics will be the major stumbling blocks for the first modern chopper that RAZBAM will develop. Those same coders will be also heavily needed when the RadarBAM fleet begins development. D