DHC-4 Caribou Project

Discus177

header_zpswti1qvst.jpg

G'day Guys & girls. From here on the latest development images of the DHC-4 Caribou will be on the first post of the thread. So refer to this post for all future updates. I will be removing all earlier build images as they do no way represent the progress made.

Thankyou for following, and thankyou for the support!

And don't forget, comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Edited by Discus177

Does this mean we'll be getting the B-29 rescue mission too? Broke my heart to see the fire engulf the old girl in the documentary.

I have to admit I do love the Caribou. It has everything a great transport needs, and only it's mother could love it's ugliness - just like me!

Good luck bringing this to fruition, I don't envy the journey you are embarking upon!

If you can bring the caribou to dcs I will love you forever. One of my all time favourite aircraft with fond memories of jumping out of them.

Jumping out from a perfectly good airplane requires a mental fortitude that I would like to posses. I salute you good sir.

I really like the idea of a transport/ cargo plane in DCS.

Awesome. Some of the most fun I've had in DCS was without killing anything. A transport plane would be fantastic!

Your right,i want to see other military aircraft & helos that don't necessarily bomb or attack targets.I would like to see certain vehicles perform different kinds of missions or tasks.By the way,is this aircraft going to be AI or are you trying to get a 3rd party license by ED to make a EFM/ASM modeled Caribou.

Hey bud. Will be talking to ED shortly about what tasks i need to achieve to gain 3rd party certification. Have all manuals and data available for flight modelling. Will be a full module. And once the model is complete and textured I'll release details as to what will be available.

Hey bud. Will be talking to ED shortly about what tasks i need to achieve to gain 3rd party certification. Have all manuals and data available for flight modelling. Will be a full module. And once the model is complete and textured I'll release details as to what will be available.
Cool,i wish you success in bringing this to DCS,hopefully,this will usher other 3rd parties to make more different types of military aircraft.:thumbup:

Don't forget an Australian livery! The RAAF had some for ages.

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

Discus, just to make sure you know what it is you're modeling, the "glare covers" you are referring to are actually known as "eyebrow lights". They are hinged at the lower corners so that they may be pulled down to allow replacement of the lights housed in the upper corners. These lights are for illuminating the instruments they are located over. Incredibally detailed work you're doing here and, as I said before, I will be one of your first customers! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well to those following this development thread. Starting a complete improved. Clean slate. And with someone who saw interest in the project of bringing a transport aircraft into dcs. Who i believe will make this project a reality. I am sure in due course he may show his work. But i would like to make it clear. We have daily duties to attend to. And this will hopefully be worth the wait. So please stay tuned.