[MERGED -OLD BUGS] Forum Cleanup

RAZBAM_ELMO

Hi, I need help with Mig 19. I bought game last week, and when I set control settings, my settings work only in training missions. In other missions like campaign the control settings is missing, and default setting from game dont work neither

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:r.

Edited by BIGNEWY

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Hi welcome to the forum

Please ensure you are not using game avionics

they have a different controls set and some missions are not made for game mode

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi there, There are two different controller profiles, one being Mig19 game and the other Mig19 Sim ( from memory). Make sure that if you have settings set up for simulation mode that you edit the Mig 19 SIM profile.

Assuming you reinstall and login with the same user account details then your module will still be there for you.

A few changes were made to the cockpit and a few problems that could be the cause of the lower performance in VR were found and fixed. So far in testing the FPS improved and the fix should be available in the next update for you to test.

One thing is important to notice however. When the dynamic radar ground return is active this could cause a drop in FPS as this representation is kind of resource heavy.

@Overstratos, Was this fix released?

Thanks

I know about 2 settings profiles, I tryed both. when I make the changings in game profil, is everything OK, but when I make changings in sim profil, the game dont response, it look like I set nothing. Interesting is, that when I play training missions it is OK, but in other campainges or fast battle it dont work correctly.

• ED Team

Hi

please take a look at my signature and the crash advice.

It may rule out a settings issue, and we can also check your build is functioning ok.

I have tested and all seems ok on my end.

Also please find images below that may help

Screen_191013_204134.thumb.jpg.558cdef44baa3c4e4d54d578fda40048.jpg

Screen_191013_204057.thumb.jpg.7719d681961f62652f2b55b91e424bfc.jpg

Screen_191013_204122.thumb.jpg.401bb13f4c1f39f6203e558a9b0f7609.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The manual for the MiG-19 claims that the engine start button must be held for a few seconds in order to begin the start sequence, but in-game a quick click will suffice. Additionally, if the start button is pressed and then the throttle is moved to idle (rather than the other way around), the engine will still begin to start.

Also, if I right-click to move the pressurization lever to the 'open' position, and then right-click it again to close it, it will make the movement noise but still stick in the 'open' position.

Just bought the module. Get these stutters when rolling/pitching. I don't think it's fps related because even with pixel density 1.0, very low settings, and locked 40 fps ASW forced, I still get the stutters. No other module does this for me. I don't say this lightly but this honestly makes it unplayable :(

edit: nevermind. should have used oculus tray tool from the start. seems I am constantly dipping just below 40 fps which is probably causing the stuttering.

Edited by JoeyJoJoJunior

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

Thanks for the info, I also noticed the stuttering recently.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

All the issues that remain in the MiG-19 will be fixed and also some new features will also be added. These includes more tunning to the FM for an even more realistic ITR and STR behavior, better engine simulation, dedicated sounds and many more. Currently all the coding force is focusing on the modules that arrived before the MiG-19P, so as soon as they are available work will continue on it.

Ahhh... just found this, never mind mate!

Not sure if this was a one off or not but i just had an engine and a wing shot to bits, ejected and (apart from the view remaining centred on the now vacant Mig19?) the plane started to spiral in a way not physically possible which almost resembled elastic banding online but this was offline messing about in the ME. 4 Mig19 vs 4 Mig15 dogfight. It was the weirdest thing ever and i wish i could show you a clip of it.

May be worth checking out the damage model on the Mig just to make sure there isnt anything radically out of place which might cause this?

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if this was a one off or not but i just had an engine and a wing shot to bits, ejected and (apart from the view remaining centred on the now vacant Mig19?) the plane started to spiral in a way not physically possible which almost resembled elastic banding online but this was offline messing about in the ME. 4 Mig19 vs 4 Mig15 dogfight. It was the weirdest thing ever and i wish i could show you a clip of it.

May be worth checking out the damage model on the Mig just to make sure there isnt anything radically out of place which might cause this?

:)

This also seems to be the same behavior it does if you manage to pull hard enough to get it to depart. It feels like a canned animation that just kicks in and makes spin-like behavior, rather than physics that's actually calculated in real-time. (Which would also explain why it never runs out of energy while doing this.) I think it reveals itself when you eject on the ground. The pilot and seat are also instantly teleporting several thousand feet up. And the canopy doesn't come off, it just opens. Missing texture on the chute, helmet and straps too.

Edited by AdmiralQuality

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It wasn't mentioned in the Changelog but it looks like it's fixed in 2.5.5.39262. At least the ground "writhing" behavior and the ejection seat high altitude teleporting. Still some missing textures on the chute, helmet and straps. Video de-listed from channel!

Haven't tested in flight yet. Will do ASAP.

Thanks!