Phantom mission wingmans just flying stupidly...

cronustr75

I'm new to M2000C and tried to exercise on 530 at Phantom mission. But even though I'm giving orders to engage the bandits, they are just keeping formation with me flying stupidly without doing anything.

Is there a bug or setting? Am I doing something wrong?:huh:

Try to give them the "Engage Bandits" order (you might have done that already, but just to make sure ;) ), then they should engage. Then you can add more specific order like "Engage My Target" if you want

Also, they should reply to your order. If not, you're giving order on the wrong radio or on the wrong channel (but i think they are on default channel loaded at mission start, so i doubt that's a channel issue)

Ok, i'll try the mission when i'll be back home. It's a long time since i played it, but last time i did, wingmens did engage the targets.

Then i'll be able to give you more specific instructions if it's working for me.

Just tested it on Stable version.

I gave Flight the "Engage Bandits" order on UHF radio, canal 251.000 Mhz (Preset 1, the one selected at mission start).

Wingmans spotted the ennemy, giving regular BRA.Wingmans 3 and 4 engaged the ennemy and they destroyed 2 x F5 and 3 x F4, i destroyed the last F4 but wingmans 3 and 4 were engaging him.

They did wait for the merge to engage though

Wingman 2 stayed with me and didn't engage the ennemy, was more supporting me.

Seems fair to me, not like engaging with other human player, but fair. All 4 wingmens didn't stay in formation with me during the fight.

I!m using the beta latest version.

I gave order as "engage bandits" from preset channel1 uhf. Didnt touch anything on radio, sent the order from menu directly.

I've hit a Phantom and a F-5 but they just followed the formation and got hit. I gave orders them 3 4 times but no reaction.

I!m using the beta latest version.

I gave order as "engage bandits" from preset channel1 uhf. Didnt touch anything on radio, sent the order from menu directly.

I've hit a Phantom and a F-5 but they just followed the formation and got hit. I gave orders them 3 4 times but no reaction.

Do you have issue communication with wingmen in other modules also ?

You can ask for a Flight Check In in the radio menu, all wingmen should respond. Just to make sure communication with wingmen is ok.

Edited by Steph21

Try spotting the bandits (lalt+c to get rid of the yellow + and then right mouse button for a black cross, point it at the bandit and press left mouse button to spot), once you've done that they should engage them.

Can you tell me a bit more about how that works ? is it enabled by default ?

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Do you have issue communication with wingmen in other modules also ?

You can ask for a Flight Check In in the radio menu, all wingmen should respond. Just to make sure communication with wingmen is ok.

flight checkin unsuccessfull..

Been running the Campaign missions lately - I set the 'Green' (V/UHF - AFT Box - Primary) radio to the comms channel required for the mission to get AWACS etc, and leave the 'Red' (UHF - FWD Box - Secondary) radio on Channel 1 to contact wingman using the Red radio following a check-in.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've set the settings tab, easy communication enabled and problem solved. But what was the problem? Both radios were set default. I didnt touch anything?

With realistic communication, you have 2 different radio menu button to communicate on green or red radio.

A LED on frequency repeater on the front panel tells you which radio you are talking on.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Been running the Campaign missions lately - I set the 'Green' (V/UHF - AFT Box - Primary) radio to the comms channel required for the mission to get AWACS etc, and leave the 'Red' (UHF - FWD Box - Secondary) radio on Channel 1 to contact wingman using the Red radio following a check-in.

I do the same :thumbup:

Red-UHF radio to talk to wingmen, green-V/UHF radio to talk to the extra flight guys (ATC, AWACS, JTAC...)

Channel is preferred on both, but if need be, you can set manual VHF or UHF frequency on green radio. So it’s more flexible.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

With realistic communication, you have 2 different radio menu button to communicate on green or red radio.

A LED on frequency repeater on the front panel tells you which radio you are talking on.

So what is the operation? All is set to default, I'm selecting flight check-in from the menu and it doesnt work. How will I select the correct radio/channel/color?

In the control menu, choose HOTAS category, and you will find easily the 2 commands to assign to your HOTAS.

I'm asking about the logic. Why the wingmans selected other channel? How will I know which channel to use? What is the operation?

Frequency are generally in the briefing. You can also check radio preset in mission editor.

If not, check the 2 differents radios.

Radio use is described in the manual found in M-2000C/Doc folder on your computer.

Mirage fanatic !