[REPORTED] Cockpit/Windscreen Bar - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 11:24 PM   #41
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
Sorry for the quality of the edit the image, this way is like the windscreen result with a little modification:

Fantasic! The problem is solved! But where is the cowling?

Last edited by Yo-Yo; 06-11-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:31 PM   #42
Siegfried

I paint it in green. Maybe moving the cowling low too

Model is as without a glass now and is wrong too. Actualy the model have a texture which apparently we have a glass (or two, an exterior and other interior) there but is wrong because in real world you don't see the frame so thick. At least in the Dora os not as problematic like in A8 but one of them is wrong too. I only talk about a compromise.

Because we have two ways to do this wrong, we can choose the lesser bad and not ocluding the collimator.
Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:52 PM   #43
twistking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
Fantasic! The problem is solved! But where is the cowling?
Yo-Yo, no need to be sarcastic. People here are trying to help.

Could you have a look at those two pictures? Don't pay attention to the refraction sight line. I took this from the OP, but i'm not interested in the refraction, but in the model geometry, specifically the armored glass "block":

It looks, as if the Glass frame sits to high over the cowling in the DCS model. I realize that the frame is not rendered. Of course it could be possible that the drawing is wrong. I'm not even sure that it's an Anton in the drawing, but i checked some other pictures of A-models and on those the glass also seems to be lower relative to the hinges.

It's the same if you compare the cockpit view model in DCS to the external modell. In the internal model the block seems to be higher. Is this a modelling error, or is the perspective playing tricks on me? Compare the armored glass block in relation to the hinges...

That's an honest question of mine. I'm sure you have better drawing than i could find on google...

Last edited by twistking; 06-12-2019 at 12:06 AM.
twistking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #44
Whisper

Quote:
As we all know, every complex problem has a solution which is simple, direct, plausible—and wrong.
Awwww... And because solution B is not perfect and kinda wrong, it's better to stay with solution A which is worse? Perfect way of going forward....
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 AM   #45
rogonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
Same is true for those who keep this "issue" alive.

no
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #46
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistking View Post
Yo-Yo, no need to be sarcastic. People here are trying to help.

Could you have a look at those two pictures? Don't pay attention to the refraction sight line. I took this from the OP, but i'm not interested in the refraction, but in the model geometry, specifically the armored glass "block":

It looks, as if the Glass frame sits to high over the cowling in the DCS model. I realize that the frame is not rendered. Of course it could be possible that the drawing is wrong. I'm not even sure that it's an Anton in the drawing, but i checked some other pictures of A-models and on those the glass also seems to be lower relative to the hinges.

It's the same if you compare the cockpit view model in DCS to the external modell. In the internal model the block seems to be higher. Is this a modelling error, or is the perspective playing tricks on me? Compare the armored glass block in relation to the hinges...

That's an honest question of mine. I'm sure you have better drawing than i could find on google...
Better is to ask the modeller who have the geometry and can show any view with or without perspective.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:03 AM   #47
Marduk879

Make him come here and explain and clarify for us. Its not like we have his number and can call him anytime right?
Marduk879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #48
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
The point is find a solution for, in absence of refraction, not to be the collimator with that stuff in middle. With a modification in 3d maybe, a middle point between real geometry and what the eye see. So easy as make the frame of windscreen half thick (yellow paint in my screenshot) and maybe move a little low the nose in the cockpit 3d model.

Do you have a solution for this or our collimator will be ocluded forever?
IIRC it was already done in the Dora, so I think yes, they have. Just modifying the whole 3D which is what implies isn't a quick task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistking View Post
If somebody can correct me, but I believe that's not an A-8?

Anyway, the thread stands "reported", so they will be seeking a fix already.

S!
Old 06-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #49
twistking

Quote:
Better is to ask the modeller who have the geometry and can show any view with or without perspective.
No need to prove anything to me. But it would be appreciated, if he could double check the geometry to be sure... And if you guys could come up with a good compromise for the "bar" even better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
[...] If somebody can correct me, but I believe that's not an A-8? [...]
You might very well be right, it's still viable as an example though, as on the A-8 the front canopy with the bulletproof glass seems to be similar. Maybe not exactly identical, but the relation between the hinges and the "block" seem to be the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
[...] Anyway, the thread stands "reported", so they will be seeking a fix already. [...]
You are right. Let's wait and see...

Last edited by twistking; 06-12-2019 at 07:17 PM.
twistking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:04 AM   #50
Burning Bridges

I also wished there was a solution for this. The forward view through the windscreen looks so horrible with the thick iron bar in front. Does anyone believe Germans would have constructed a plane where the pilot does not see anything?

Can the bar not be made transparent from the inside?
Burning Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote