Controllers (went way off topic and moved)

I sold my Warthog and I need to buy another one. I'm hoping TM will at least offer the Warthog with the F-18 stick to save a little bit of money. Although it would be nice if they offered a full on F-18 stick/throttle.

I've decided to concentrate on the F-18 and I have no use for a Warthog controller. I hope TM see's how popular the F-18 is going to be. I think it is anyway. It scratches both the A/G and A/A itch.

Buzz

I watched a video by Luke Swan showing all the functions of the F-18 stick and throttle. It's completely different from the A-10C and using that will be a compromise. I wish TM would make a complete setup for the Hornet. Especially, if it comes all programmed like the Warthog stick does. That would be ideal.

Buzz

Wasn't DCS: A-10C the reason why Thrustmaster developed the TM Warthog? If so, then I would assume that, sooner or later, Thrustmaster is likely to develop a TM Hornet.

They have already released that they are making the stick, just no comment or info on them having any intentions of doing the throttle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I will be just sticking with my CH Fighterstick. I get great performance and crap load of buttons. So glad I did my research and avoided buying the TM Warthog.

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

I will be just sticking with my CH Fighterstick. I get great performance and crap load of buttons.

Had that before my Warthog, no comparison IMO. Also had a X55 and sent it back as well.

Now I have a 15cm extension on the way with a new PTFE ring, new grease, and a new spring...and I'm assuming it will separate the two even further.

I for one can't wait to throw the F/A-18 stick on my Warthog base. The throttle isn't something I'll be too worried about changing.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I used to have the whole CH setup and used it for many years with no problems. It was always smooth and precise.

The last setup I had was the Warthog. I bought it because I was going to concentrate on the A-10c. That didn't happen because I like the WW2 planes too much and i'm a sucker for the P-51. I thought the Warthog controller was lousy for the WW2 planes. In the end I sold the Warthog. It was just too stiff for quick dog fighting and my setup doesn't lend itself to using an extension. Even the switches were kind of stiff to operate. I know they're supposed to be the same as the real Warthog. I'd love to see if that was really true. If I decide to stay with the A-10c this time I might buy another one.

If I decide the F/A-18 is the plane i'll stick to, or especially if I decide the WW2 planes are for me i'll get the CH stick and throttle. I just find it more relaxing to use and as was said. It's got a ton of switches and rotary's to program. One thing for sure. The CH mini stick is way better than that thing they put on the Warthog throttle. That is not like the real A-10C and i'm surprised TM got that wrong.

The price isn't too hard to take either for the CH. I could buy two and still be cheaper than the Warthog and it doesn't need and extension.

With all that said. If it turns out I really like the F/A-18 and TM comes out with a complete stick/throttle for it. I'd probably get it. I'm a sucker for keeping it real. Just putting an F/A-18 stick on a Warthog is not keeping it real enough for me to spend all that money. I'm picky.

Buzz

CH isn't terrible, compared to other SPJs, but their stuff has serious flaws. I've gone into those at length in the past.

As for the TM Warthog, every user I've spoken to (quite a few) has agreed that the spring is too stiff out of the box. All of the virtual aces I've known have modified it to be less stiff (usually replacing the grease, extending the length, and/or replacing the spring). After that, I've heard zero complaints about the Warthog.

I still use CH gear now and will be keeping the throttle, like BuzzU said, I do like the CH mini stick, this is what the warthog should have done, you could swap it out I guess.

I'll be keeping my CH throttle for now and spend a little more and go straight to the VKB gunfighter pro for a new stick with their new grip perhaps, it can fit the warthog grip.

The VKB should be good balance for all the aircraft including the choppers as you can remove the tension completely and have the controls stay in place.

I would consider just staying with the CH stick for a bit, if it was 100 to 150mm longer. When I get a new stick I might try to modify it just to see, I think the centering would get way to loose and need tensioning.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Actually the TM TWCS Throttle is already like f18 throttle, it just missed one button i believe, shape and buttons placement is similar to f18 irl.

Maybe they'll release something with the stick after all, I mean the have the basic shape molds in factory already, albeit for plastic.

Before buying the TMWH folks should read these.....

http://www.overclock.net/t/1468856/h...ing-experience

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...hotas_warthog/

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60291

I was going to get it, but after extensive research I saw the nightmare I was walking into. I got smart and bought the CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pedals. A year later I havent had any issues and have experienced their great customer service as well.

That's why I sold my warthog. It had some things I didn't like and I knew at some point others would crop up. Many years ago I had a TM Cougar and it was terrible. It needed a $400 mod to be a good stick. No thanks.

I'm going CH this time.

Buzz

Why not got VKB or something that's actually comparable to TM? CH products are a class below...they are nice, just nice relative to their price range.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

I've been using a Saitek X65 for years. I've been totally happy with it. Has anyone made the change from the X65 to the Thrustmaster Warthog? What may interest me is the F18 varient when it is available for purchase.

many thanks for any responses.

<---VKB Gladiator owner. You should give these sticks a look. very solid construction, as well as being sensitive and precise. some would argue not enough buttons, but im a happy customer, and will continue to support VKB. even bought their rudder pedals, which are fantastic. :thumbup:

A good stick if you fly the BF 109.

Buzz

It's automatically more expensive if you have to buy the Warthog and F/A-18 separate. I'm hoping they'll offer the stick and throttle with the F/A-18 stick. If I end up buying it i'm buying it for the F/A-18 and don't need the A-10C stick.

We'll see how smart TM is in all this.

Buzz

Do you expect the Hotas Warthog to become more or less expensive with the F/A 18 Hornet release? I consider getting one, unless there could be a better deal in a few weeks.

Pardon me if thats common knowledge, I only flew in singleplayer for a few hours so far.

I would expect it all to stay the same. TM's business model is working just fine in the HOTAS market - so I wouldn't expect too much variance. Regardless of how they bring the TM Hornet to market (just the stick, stick and Warthog throttle, or all new stick and throttle) I think they will keep the price points similar.

I suppose you could see a lower price for the stick attachment - if you already own the Warthog stick base.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

Why not got VKB or something that's actually comparable to TM? CH products are a class below...they are nice, just nice relative to their price range.

Actually CH products are a class above the TM crap. They are more reliable, have no stiction problems, are better constructed and have way better customer service.