MiG-19P May Development Update

OverStratos

Question: Why do some have a huge muzzle brake but others do not?

Because the reason all muzzle brakes are installed, recoil. In the MiG-19P you have 2 cannons instead of 3 like in the MiG-19S. I supposse the recoil was not that of an issue in the P.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice work, thank you for the update!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

That is one sexy aircraft...

...also, easier than the 19S, the 19PM could be an option ;) 3D wise, you would basically just remove guns and add four forward facing pylons.

Also, could there be an option to switch the armament/avionics to the early variant with RP-1 and NR-23's?

mig-19p will be downright deadly in 3rdgen arena and absolutely viable in the right hands even against 4th generation. to be able to have a bubble canopy in a turnier fishbed is an eagle slayer's wet dream.

john-cleese-no.gif

against 3rd gen can still compete, but still at some disadvantage against the F5 and Mig21., or other potential 3rd gen modules.

Viable against 4th gen? lol not. perhaps in a controlled weapons restricted environment only. Such as no Missiles, Awacs, and guns only encounter, and even then 4th gen has an advantage, due to most having superior P/W ratios, and having a modern gunnery solution with a radar/HUD"

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

john-cleese-no.gif

against 3rd gen can still compete, but still at some disadvantage against the F5 and Mig21., or other potential 3rd gen modules.

Viable against 4th gen? lol not. perhaps in a controlled weapons restricted environment only. Such as no Missiles, Awacs, and guns only encounter, and even then 4th gen has an advantage, due to most having superior P/W ratios, and having a modern gunnery solution with a radar/HUD"

Remember, in theory you can kill an F-15 by throwing a rock in the air - if either your aim is good or you're extremely lucky, that is...

This is awesome! Will be a nice Товариш to have in the DCS "Товариш" club. I can feel the sneak... It's everywhere!

Will be an awesome turn-fighter to add to our collection, and a lot of fun to fly! Surely a Day-1 buy!

Thank you for bringing such an amazing aircraft to life in DCS! Do you guys have any other Russian aircraft planned at the moment [su-15/22/24 MiG-25/29 (very early model)?], or some other awesome birds like the F-4 or F-111? If we get the F-105, that would be awesome too!

But, I know. It's too early to ask, and right now we have some awesome birds coming from you guys. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Hype is strong in that one!

Me likey my hipey!

But you can't deny, we have a lot to be hyped about! We've got an awesome module being developed, and by such a good developer! :3

So get onboard, the hype train is leaving for Siberia! It'll be back in June (plez make another one of these, they're awesome!), so better not miss it!

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Be plenty viable against all those Eagle drivers who fly heads down, or the ones that get into horizontal turn fights with A-10s.

Beauty!!!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As far as I know it should be able to out-turn the F-15s and A-10s. It has lower wing loading than both [MiG-19p aprox 330 kg/m2, F-15c 358 kg/m², and the A-10A 482 kg/m² (note that these values are at loaded weight)], but it will indeed be lacking in the P/W ratio (0.85) compared to the F-15s one (1.07), and it's top speed should also be lower (the F-15 being 1 213 km/h faster, that's nearly the max speed of the MiG-19p).

But if the F-15 does go full "Oh, shiny screens!", you should be able to shoot them down. That is if they are not also going full "Oh, shiny burners!". But if the Eagle is competent, it's going to be a real challenge. But I like challenges, and I am certainly going to like the MiG-19p!

This bird is going to be awesome in the 3rd gen arena that we are getting [MiG-21bis (MiG-19p, I know it's 2.Gen but it's gonna be included) vs F-5E (Mirage III)]!

But all that hype-think makes it harder to wait... Good thing we have an awesome array of modules coming out to keep us busy! And feel free to take as long as you want to, because the end result is getting better and better with every passing day!

*Side-note:*

Feel free to correct me if I got something wrong, in the end it will result in us all becoming smarter!

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

We have to see if the ones present in DCS are good enough.

The problem about us them as some can be antyhistoric... i thinh has better modeling real bombs or colaborate whit ED to complete the large quantity os soviet amunition of Cold war missing into DCS World.

Enviado desde mi GT-S7580 mediante Tapatalk

, and it's top speed should also be lower (the F-15 being 1 213 km/h faster, that's nearly the max speed of the MiG-19p).

Actually, you have to conscider two things:

1) F-15's are not going to fly supersonic, transsonic at most, at mil.power, it will take some time to accelerate.

2) Most fights I have seen (yt - cannot really go into multiplayer atm, need to upgrade RAM) have taken place below 5 km, where the top speeds are much closer, with MiG-19 being transsonic and F-15 only slightly supersonic (iirc, it's actually slower than F-4E...).

and it's top speed should also be lower

top speed isn't even a factor here, expect to never run down a burning enemy because the 19 will run out of gas first.

the real importance of supersonic performance is that you'll retain control through the entire envelope so you'll be able to follow people into dives instead of holding your skirt down the stairs like the mig-15.

Actually, you have to conscider two things:

1) F-15's are not going to fly supersonic, transsonic at most, at mil.power, it will take some time to accelerate.

f-15s that go high routinely rip around above m1.4, obviously these are off the table for the mig-19, but the dirt suckers in the mountains are generally fair game. 4thgens burning on the deck generally won't be catchable unless you have a good intercept and turn in right behind them for an immediate shot.

all the lessons of fishbedding apply here, except this is a better eyeball plane.

Edited by probad

Some arrangements,

please don´t pay attention to the weird tint the before image have, I don´t know how it ended like that.:D

Leading edge at the root.

AQXqhIN.png

Wingtips.

8f9Mckl.png

Edited by OverStratos
  • Like 1

Just pointed out the stats, of course if an F-15 (or anything modern) wanted to disengage you would be out of luck. But if it were to happen at a lower altitude and smaller range, could you expect to turn around and fire an R-3S? I know that there would be a small PK, but still maybe force them to evade. Or at least cut their burners?

And of course, eyeballing and sneaking will be the way to go! It will be deadly against newer opponents that try to turn-fight you. While the maneuverability should also help with fast notches at longer ranges. And of course the bubble canopy will help with eyeballing a lot!

Can't wait to fly this awesome bird! The order given to MiG ,make something that can out-turn anything the Allies have, really paid off! But sadly it lacked in the speed department. However I personally prefer maneuverability over speed when it comes to those "sneaking" kind of aircraft. After all in a dog-fight speed is only really good for disengaging (and of course gaining an energy advantage, but that stile of fighting has mostly died out with the advent of missiles). While sustained turn-rate will win you the day, or at least make it easier. Because you know, that the enemy has to pull of something clever to win.

But no RWR facing forwards will be an interesting experience, having to manually detect launches. However that should be easier with the awesome bubble canopy (compared to the MiG-21bis)! So exited!

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Some arrangements,

please don´t pay attention to the weird tint the before image have, I don´t know how it ended like that.:D

Leading edge at the root.

AQXqhIN.png

Wingtips.

8f9Mckl.png

Nice work going on there! And for sure one of my most wanted modules!

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Just pointed out the stats, of course if an F-15 (or anything modern) wanted to disengage you would be out of luck. But if it were to happen at a lower altitude and smaller range, could you expect to turn around and fire an R-3S? I know that there would be a small PK, but still maybe force them to evade. Or at least cut their burners?

not likely, most people probably won't even notice, but if they're looking these 4thgens can throw off an r-3s without skipping a beat and will just pull away again before you know it.

if you want to bait a burning guy to come back for you its probably better to just use the radar.

Edited by probad