Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Well from my using them that is sure how it feels to me.

Don't get me wrong, you should absolutely set up your stick the way you prefer. I was just hoping some explanation of what's going on might be helpful.

I understand the same thing as @dburne from the graph, it's just like bicycle forks. Towards the end you need the same force either way, but in the beginning the spring could be completely decompressed (no preload) or compressed to some extent, which means it affects the feeling around the center.

Yeah like that.

Your cam choice will change things also.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

As a fresh owner of this joystick I am faced with the problem of tuning the base and I'm not sure I understand, maybe someone can explain. So stronger springs will mean that the stick will be harder to push. But those 2 screws you can turn from the outside also seem to do the same thing. Is it the same thing or not? Replacing the spring with a stronger one is the same as tightening the screws ?

You've seen the graph. In even simpler terms. the strength of the spring determines the starting strength of the nearlyu uncompressed spring. Then you can fine tune the spring by hand and screwdriver.

If you have the light spring and you feel you need to tighten it all way up, then a medium or heavier spring might be better for you since overtightening the springs compresses the springs to the point where the stick cannot fully deflect anymore. So you will lose resolution in the stick. So don't overtighten but change to heavier spring and then tune it so you can use the full range of motion of the stick.

Ps: DAMN VIRPIL!!! that throttle quadrant looks awsome.. If ever my warthog thrustmaster throttle dies on me then this is the absolute replacement I would like to have!

Also if my kids get the same flying flu like I have I might buy this one for myself and let the kids use my old warthog. Although that will be a couple of years down the road at least :/

Edited by kingpinda

^^ Looney, I hope they do that as well, a dedicated proper collective throttle that can be either used on desktop or mounted to their existing mounts, I'd buy it, instantly.

Received my 2nd T50 the on Monday. I didn't have time to test it that day, so I just did my spring swap based on the experience with the last one and waited until Wednesday. I had tried all 3 cams, and found the installed from factory one to be the best overall for flight sims, and the lightest spring is what I prefer as well, so easy peasy 5 minutes to swap the springs.

When I tested it I couldn't get the software to recognize the axis or calibrate it at all. I tried putting various sticks on it (I have several Warthog and 2 Cougar top ends that I tried to no avail). I tried the T50 stick on the WH bases, and it was working fine. 3 hours of head scratching later, I contacted tech support via email. Virpil answered my tech support ticket in about 2 hours, and advised me on a number of steps to troubleshoot before getting excited about returning it for service right out of the gate. First step was the problem, the plug needed to be pulled and reseated internally, the primary USB plug end on the board. It looked seated, but it wasn't, or just needed that "wiggle" that sometimes fixes stuff. Boom. Back in business, this one is even better than my first, extremely precise, and smooth in movement. Like glass in fact, and I haven't even put it in the mount yet, that's today's mission.

I'll post pics of it when I'm finished, and write a longer and more detailed review on my experience with Virpil so far.

Comparing this stick to my WH, Cougar, modified Cougar, CH, Saiteks, etc - the only thing close is my VKB Gunfighter, very similar obviously, but Virpil sent me a golden unit this time. The tests I've done with joytester graphs are laughably better than everything else by a country mile.

Truly worth every dollar. The only complaint I have isn't a complaint at all, but a wish list item. I want a cam that has no/little dead zone like the factory installed cam, yet less progressing or NO increasing tension as you move to the outer limits of the stick, more like the harder center cam included in the parts, but without the harder center, a center like the stock cam, yet arms/legs like the hard center cam. That'd be PERFECT for me, and many others I suspect as well. I'm going to construct my own perhaps and test that. Even still, the stock cam is like 95% perfect for me, but to reach 100% lessening the increasing tension as you move outwards would do it.

Considering Virpil is consolidating much of its work under one new, and very large new roof/building, I expect the already great company will continue to improve.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Hi Gman109,

Really glad to hear you're enjoying your new VPC MongoosT-50! We're looking forward to the pics and detailed review!

The only complaint I have isn't a complaint at all, but a wish list item. I want a cam that has no/little dead zone like the factory installed cam, yet less progressing or NO increasing tension as you move to the outer limits of the stick, more like the harder center cam included in the parts, but without the harder center, a center like the stock cam, yet arms/legs like the hard center cam. That'd be PERFECT for me, and many others I suspect as well. I'm going to construct my own perhaps and test that. Even still, the stock cam is like 95% perfect for me, but to reach 100% lessening the increasing tension as you move outwards would do it.

Well, you may be happy to hear that we have since in fact designed this cam profile as an accessory for the VPC MongoosT-50 due to popular demand!

Checkout the announcement here for more info:

https://virpil.com/en/blog/110-vpc-mongoost-50-new-cams-for-space-sims

https://virpil.by/en/shop/accessories/vpc-cams-cosmo-vpc

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

► Opening of the VIRPIL Controls EU Webstore and Pre-Orders

The VIRPIL Controls team are pleased to announce the readiness of our new store for our EU customers!

https://virpil-controls.eu/

VPC-EUStore_021.png

Purchasing of VPC products will now be much easier, with faster, cheaper and more reliable delivery via DPD. Orders will no longer be required to pass through customs, and instead will be delivered directly to your door. View more delivery information here: https://virpil-controls.eu/delivery-info

Payments will be processed by Braintree payments (a PayPal company). Debit and Credit card payments can be processed directly on our site for convenience. VIRPIL Controls will not see nor store any payment information and it is handled directly by Braintree. We will accept VISA, Mastercard, AMEX and Maestro payment cards, with PayPal activating later this week.

View more payment information here: https://virpil-controls.eu/payment-info

Starting from the 16th April, VIRPIL Controls will have 3 direct trading platforms:

http://www.virpil.by will initially continue to serve our customers worldwide, however from April 30th it will be changed to serving EurAsEC only.

In addition to the opening of the new EU webstore - on April 16, 2018 pre-orders for the long awaited VPC devices will open as scheduled:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle
  • VPC Constellation Delta Grip
  • VPC WarBRD Base

These products can be pre-ordered with a discount of 10%. All existing VPC MongoosT-50 owners (grip, base or flightstick) will receive an additional 5% discount code for a total discount of 15%. Of course, as always, lucky members of the VPC FC will receive an additional 5% on top as well for a total potential discount of 20%!

All users will automatically receive the 10% pre-order discount. If you are an existing MT-50 owner, please send your order number and serial number to support@virpil.com to receive your additional 5% discount coupon. VPC FC discounts will be calculated automatically at the checkout.

VPCFC members will be required to sign up for a new account on the VIRPIL Controls EU webstore, and contact support@virpil.com to reassign the VPCFC status. Please ensure you use the same email address that you originally signed up to the VPCFC with.

If you experience any issues with the VIRPIL Controls EU webstore - please contact us ASAP support@virpil.com.

To celebrate the launch of our new stores and pre-orders, all VPC products will be 10% off for the next 7 days!

Finally - we would like to present more photos of the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, displaying the new knurled throttle lever grips!

MT50Throttle_PreReveal2.png

Thank you for your continued support,

VIRPIL Controls Team

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

► Opening of the VIRPIL Controls EU Webstore and Pre-Orders

The VIRPIL Controls team are pleased to announce the readiness of our new store for our EU customers!

https://virpil-controls.eu/

VPC-EUStore_021.png

Purchasing of VPC products will now be much easier, with faster, cheaper and more reliable delivery via DPD. Orders will no longer be required to pass through customs, and instead will be delivered directly to your door. View more delivery information here: https://virpil-controls.eu/delivery-info

Payments will be processed by Braintree payments (a PayPal company). Debit and Credit card payments can be processed directly on our site for convenience. VIRPIL Controls will not see nor store any payment information and it is handled directly by Braintree. We will accept VISA, Mastercard, AMEX and Maestro payment cards, with PayPal activating later this week.

View more payment information here: https://virpil-controls.eu/payment-info

Starting from the 16th April, VIRPIL Controls will have 3 direct trading platforms:

http://www.virpil.by will initially continue to serve our customers worldwide, however from April 30th it will be changed to serving EurAsEC only.

In addition to the opening of the new EU webstore - on April 16, 2018 pre-orders for the long awaited VPC devices will open as scheduled:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle
  • VPC Constellation Delta Grip
  • VPC WarBRD Base

These products can be pre-ordered with a discount of 10%. All existing VPC MongoosT-50 owners (grip, base or flightstick) will receive an additional 5% discount code for a total discount of 15%. Of course, as always, lucky members of the VPC FC will receive an additional 5% on top as well for a total potential discount of 20%!

All users will automatically receive the 10% pre-order discount. If you are an existing MT-50 owner, please send your order number and serial number to support@virpil.com to receive your additional 5% discount coupon. VPC FC discounts will be calculated automatically at the checkout.

VPCFC members will be required to sign up for a new account on the VIRPIL Controls EU webstore, and contact support@virpil.com to reassign the VPCFC status. Please ensure you use the same email address that you originally signed up to the VPCFC with.

If you experience any issues with the VIRPIL Controls EU webstore - please contact us ASAP support@virpil.com.

To celebrate the launch of our new stores and pre-orders, all VPC products will be 10% off for the next 7 days!

Finally - we would like to present more photos of the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, displaying the new knurled throttle lever grips!

MT50Throttle_PreReveal2.png

Thank you for your continued support,

VIRPIL Controls Team

Pre order something thats the first release and there are no reviews for yet? I think not ;) Ya gotta be a little nuts to make such a blind purchase.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Is the pre-order discounted price for the throttle correct? $400.00 USD? I thought this was corrected before, or I could be wrong.
I see $343 according to the currency converter. Unless you are including the shipping.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Put one in "my cart" and with the 10% discount $399.43, not including shipping.
I did the same thing and it came to $418 shipping included. I'm on the virpil-controls.by site not virpil.by if that has anything to do with it.

Not sure what the discussed price was supposed to be. But if I wanted one I'd want one with more hats and a mini stick for slew.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I did the same thing and it came to $418 shipping included. I'm on the virpil-controls.by site not virpil.by if that has anything to do with it.

Strange, went back into the site and now the quoted price is $343.95, in the cart. Probably just some bugs associated with updating the store.

I'm seeing $473 in the shopping cart, That is without shipping charges.
Must be some bugs because everyone is getting different numbers. If you are ordering from the US make sure you are not on the EU site.

Must be some bugs because everyone is getting different numbers. If you are ordering from the US make sure you are not on the EU site.

Looks like some kind of bug. Am not on EU site, but number changed to 399.43 after refreshing the page.

Also, looks like Paypal is only for EU site. Took me about 6 tries last time I ordered before my CC was accepted. Hopefully won't be that bad this time.

Edited by Ssnake51

Looks like some kind of bug. Am not on EU site, but number changed to 399.43 after refreshing the page.

Also, looks like Paypal is only for EU site. Took me about 6 tries last time I ordered before my CC was accepted. Hopefully won't be that bad this time.

Is it also happening for other products like the warBRD or grips?

Don't see anything available to order or pricing on the NA site.

Is it just for EU at this time?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Don't see anything available to order or pricing on the NA site.

Is it just for EU at this time?

When I log into site where I placed my previous order I am no longer able to select anything other than Belarus, Russian Federation, etc. for my country. And when I go to delivery information page it says deliveries can be made to the following:

Belarus

Russian Federation

Kazakhstan

Kyrgyzstan

Tajikistan

Looks to me like the ordering website still has some issues.

Yup I went to virpil-controls.by and tried to register being a new user, and it rerouted me to virpil.by but there were like only 5 countries listed in the drop down. US is not one of them.

If you add stuff to cart and go to pay US is listed in the drop down for address. Does everyone order without creating an account?

Pictures of the new throttle with that textured grip look very impressive!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Will the captca be fixed on virpil-controls.by ? Trying to register there and it says invalid key for site owner domain. This time US is in the drop down list of countries.

I'm a bit upset with how slow the order processing is. Placed an order 11 days ago with a bank transfer. Money got landed in 3 days, and since that - just silence. No emails, no updates :( The T-50 base that I've ordered was in stock (or at least showed it is in stock). I hope it's getting shipped this week.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base