Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

You guys are really busting my balls with the smoke and mirrors. When you say "transparency" and then do ambiguous "finals bits to make it better," that's smoke and mirrors. Especially when you're late in the first place.

If it's going to be a massive delay, just tell us in plainly. How you handle the "announcement" is not remotely important to anyone. Anyone who's sat in an airport lobby waiting for a delayed flight knows how irritating "just thirty more minutes now!" gets after several hours.

At this point, a nagging part of me is beginning to wonder if pre-orders were intentionally expedited as a way to get some sort of jump on VKB. You guys are driving me to conspiracy theories! Just give us real information as to why we don't have what we paid you for.

I'm thinking you must be a millennial? Am I right?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking you must be a millennial? Am I right?

Nope.

The project was supposed to be in the shipment phase.

We find out at the deadline that it's actually in the production phase, with significant issues. This is unexpected. Because the company is not forthcoming with why, I'm concerned.

I do not mind waiting. However, concrete assurances (shipping dates, specific delays, expected delay time frames) are easy to provide.

What do you have pre-ordered?

Edit: Do you not want more information? We should encourage them to tell us as much as possible.

Edited by Yaga

I am a little surprised we have not had any updates in several days...

Edit: Considering in their announcement of May 31st, they stated they would have an update for us in 2-3 days.

Initially it was planned for all pre-orders before 5th May to be shipped at the end of May, and all pre-orders after 5th May will begin shipping 10th June.

However, the production of the mechanics have taken longer than initially planned. We were presented the choice to maintain our initial timing, or provide superior quality. We ultimately chose the latter.

We will confirm the new pre-order shipping dates in 2-3 days.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Nope.

The project was supposed to be in the shipment phase.

We find out at the deadline that it's actually in the production phase, with significant issues. This is unexpected. Because the company is not forthcoming with why, I'm concerned.

I do not mind waiting. However, concrete assurances (shipping dates, specific delays, expected delay time frames) are easy to provide.

What do you have pre-ordered?

Edit: Do you not want more information? We should encourage them to tell us as much as possible.

I didn't pre-order because I *knew* there would be kinks to work out. All new products have this problem. Some small, some large. And if I were to compare these guys to other vendors, they seem to be the most communicative. Well, except maybe Milan of MFG (via email to his buyers)

All I'm saying is cut them some slack. Small company orders get delayed by manufacturers, shipping takes longer, fixing cosmetic issues turn into delays down river. I know a thing or two about product delays. But it all takes time. You wouldn't think so, but it does. Because the message passes through so many hands, it takes time to reach the end user.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I didn't pre-order because I *knew* there would be kinks to work out. All new products have this problem. Some small, some large. And if I were to compare these guys to other vendors, they seem to be the most communicative. Well, except maybe Milan of MFG (via email to his buyers)

All I'm saying is cut them some slack. Small company orders get delayed by manufacturers, shipping takes longer, fixing cosmetic issues turn into delays down river. I know a thing or two about product delays. But it all takes time. You wouldn't think so, but it does. Because the message passes through so many hands, it takes time to reach the end user.

Are you worried I'm going to hurt their feelings?

I don't get your angle. There are two possible outcomes and neither should bother you in the slightest.

1. nothing happens

2. they expedite release of additional info to quell customer concerns

Actually, one of those outcomes benefits you if you're interested in the product.

Also, I'd imagine it's easy to say "cut them some slack" if you've got no skin in the game.

We went from having concrete shipping dates to being in the nether of development. They owe us an explanation.

Edited by Yaga

#Cyph3r: I thought you were making an announcement about production/delivery status "in a few days". Have I missed something?

They say "talking is silver - silence is gold"; but that's not true in this situation. People including myself have paid up-front based on promised delivery dates.

You owe us a clear and open statement. The truth. Even if it is not pretty.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Very uncharacteristic of Cyph3r to remain quiet in this thread...

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi Cyph3r,

Please check my pm urgently...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Does this joystick has Z axes option ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

They seem to have gone strangely silent on the Virpil forums as well...

Don B

what do you mean, dburne?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

what do you mean, dburne?

No questions being answered of late by Cyph3r on their English forums, very uncharacteristic.

It would seem he has been on these forums as recently as 2 days ago, but has not been on the Virpil forums in several days, since like the 8th.

Edited by dburne

Don B

So my parcel was stuck at Mumbai customs since the 9th of May and due to some stupid laws was in danger of getting confiscated ... After an hour of explanations and negotiations, the customs officer demanded an invoice in pdf format giving the break-up of freight charges to release my parcel ... Showing him online invoice was just not right for him...

I pinged Cyph3r a couple days ago and he usually responds quickly but then suddenly for the past 2-3 days he has disappeared ... May be he is busy or unwell...Since he had disappeared I decided to email the Virpil sales team to send an invoice in pdf format as was demanded by the customs officer to release my parcel ...

I have pinged Cyph3r and emailed the sales team multiple times in the past 2-3 days impressing upon them the urgency of getting that pdf invoice but I got absolutely no reply since...I even posted here for him to check my PMs without success ...

I finally had to bribe the officials to the tune of more than 64% the worth of my parcel to get my parcel released...:cry:

This might have been avoided if I could have got that invoice in pdf format on time...:cry_2:

And yes I am angry and hurt at both the customs officials and the Virpil team in equal measure...:mad:

I wouldn't count this as good customer service and I register my protest here through this post ...

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

This is not looking good, not at all.

I am getting quite concerned now, I ordered the stick and base, extension set, and center mount bracket - and paid for all on April 15th. I have posted over on the Virpil English forums, and no one is responding there either. No communication there in the last two weeks.

This is not good - someone form Virpil needs to let us paid customers know what is going on - quickly!

Don B

As you can see, the last online visit goes back to ..

CMY1Zlw.jpg

CMY1Zlw.jpg

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

Its possible that Cypher is the only person tasked with the English side of sales/support and for some reason he's away?

Cooler heads must prevail.

He was logged into these forums and another flight sim forum two days ago!!

Another guy posted on another forum he tried contacting Virpil through the Russian forum and has received no response from there either.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Its possible that Cypher is the only person tasked with the English side of sales/support and for some reason he's away?

Cooler heads must prevail.

I am not saying that anybody needs to press the panic button yet...

As I mentioned in the earlier post that Cyph3r might be away or not well...

All I am saying is that the customer service expected of them was poor in my case where I either had to bribe the customs officers to release my Parcel or let them confiscate it...

I wouldn't be in that imbroglio if I had a simple pdf invoice sent to me by either Cyph3r or the Virpil team, both of whom I tried to contact multiple times ...

I would have saved a lot of money that way by just paying for the customs duty without bribing any one...

They have just released the parcel yesterday and I am still waiting for the delivery to my place... I was told that there is another fee I have to pay to India Post at the time of the delivery...

This is just adding up to my bad experience as in closing I will end up paying a little less than 70% the value of the products in bribes and fees ...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I do not know you, but if by the end of next week, there will be no updates on the status of things, i will cancel my order and immediately i will request back the amount paid by VISA.

Fortunately, when purchasing with credit card we are secured against the scams..

I find the behavior of this company unacceptable to its customers.

All these days without giving any answer .. Unacceptable!:mad:

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

I do not know you, but if by the end of next week, there will be no updates on the status of things, i will cancel my order and immediately i will request back the amount paid by VISA.

Fortunately, when purchasing with credit card we are secured against the scams..

I find the behavior of this company unacceptable to its customers.

All these days without giving any answer .. Unacceptable!:mad:

Agreed, I was giving the benefit of the doubt and figured they were trying to get things worked out for whatever snag caused the delay, but now after several days of folk inquiring on several forums including their own with them not responding at all, is unacceptable.

Cyph3r being on at least two forums that I know of as recently as the 14th and not responding to concerns has raised a big red flag for me. And now he is not logging into the forums at all. And he has not been on the English Virpil forums in 9 days.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Sure glad I cancelled my base order weeks ago. Money is already back on my card.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: