Would we have Kh-41 back for Su-33

uboats

by a few (imo) credible accounts the whole kh-41 thing is bogus.

"Simonov directed to study ability to carry it on T-10K - another cuckoo paper study that reached its apogee with missile mock-up hanging under mockup of launch pylon under Su-33 at MAKS

launching 4+ tonnes missile that was just not able to withstand severe Gs on separation did look weird even on paper

end of story"

time to pump money into the tu-22 project. we also really could use a badger [ai] model because that was the other core component of the anticarrier force.

really wanna see a FC3 fighter capable of anti-ship

It'd be nice to have a real anti-ship capability, i.e. beyond that given by the A-10 and Su-25, but the Su-33 was never capable of carrying the Kh-41. As Probad said, the closest it ever got was a mockup Kh-41 mounted under an Su-33 for a static display at an airshow.

We should certainly get this with the F-18 which should be able to carry Harpoons, but on the Russian side I guess the nearest thing would be a Tu-22M3.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

DCS: AJS-37 Viggen has anti-ship capability and a good radar to go along with the anti-ship missiles... one is quite modern with turbojet and you can program waypoints and flight height etc. if you really have the urge to sink some ships =). I would rather have the new Su-33 bombsight/computer used in Syria, than the Kh-41 that is probably a bunch of wishful fiction.

Edited by Schmidtfire
  • Like 1

DCS: AJS-37 Viggen has anti-ship capability and a good radar to go along with the anti-ship missiles... one is quite modern with turbojet and you can program waypoints and flight height etc. if you really have the urge to sink some ships =). I would rather have the new Su-33 bombsight/computer used in Syria, than the Kh-41 that is probably a bunch of wishful fiction.

If you're talking about the SVP-24 system, I will say HELL YES! But I really doubt ED will do anything like that, even if it will make the plane much more enjoyable.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

DCS: AJS-37 Viggen has anti-ship capability and a good radar to go along with the anti-ship missiles...

i think the desire though is for redfor to have a native ashm platform -- both the viggen and the fa-18 are only historically blufor.

here's to also hoping the jf-17 makes it to the finish line.

Ah, my bad, of course it has. I'd forgotten about the Viggen missile.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.