Easy Monitor Configurator

icemaker

Maj

I did a full uninstall of everything then cleaned registry with win 7 manager, in the process of reinstalling.

EMC (prior to this clean up) on install did NOT put the EasyMonitorConfigurator.lua in the monitorsetup file within dcs directory, i created 1 called helios.lua but when resizing.repositioning things when i hit save it said it could not find helios.lua even though it was in the right place (monitorsetup file within dcs directory)

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have reinstalled everything including EMC.

During install it asked to install lua which i did.

this might be the .lua phase where EMC writes code to the

\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\CMSP(or other)\indicator\ etc

viewport files

so you're 1 step too early

I then looked in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\MonitorSetup

There is no EasyMonitorConfigurator.lua

EMC (as I remember) does

- install code to ..\Cockpit\ viewports (to make export possible)

- then lets you size Test views of output (preliminary to <monitorprofile>.lua file)

- you will 'Save' in EMC under a profile name (default EasyMonitorConfigurator.lua)

- then EMC writes the EasyMonitorConfigurator.lua (or your input) and inserts this in your options.lua

(when rearranging 2nd time around, EMC will look for last saved <monitorprofile>.lua, & wants you to 'Load', this is the <monitorprofile>.lua that show in your DCS OPTIONS menu. N.B. when you forget to 'Save', even in between 'Reset' or <uncheck> a view box, your preferences will be lost. Startup: 'Load', any change: "Save')

do a text search in your <DCS install>\Config\MonitorSetup\<monitorprofile>.lua

to chk if any viewports are defined in any <monitorprofile>.lua?

this helps?

where <monitorprofile> (MONITORS) does DCS point to in menu OPTIONS?

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

ok there was nothing in <DCS install>\Config\MonitorSetup\<monitorprofile>.lua

But managed to create & save one gadrocsheliosprofile.lua

The error messages were throwing me when selecting "new" & hitting ok, so basically you need to select "new" give it a name & a description, click "ok", then ignore error message, then select profile from dropdown box, select "load" make desired changes, then select "save".

I have set in game resolution to 2560 (=width) x 2520 (=height 1440 + 1080).

Seems to work so far as all screens go black once in game (training) also found out you have to have EMC running minimised for it to do this:ermm::music_whistling:

Thanks for your patience & assistance Maj, was about to go mad:gun_rifle:

Edited by Barrakooda

ok there was nothing in <DCS install>\Config\MonitorSetup\<monitorprofile>.lua

perhaps you have the windows 'permissions' bug

(dir) security sometimes changes without know cause (specifically x64, can be repaired - somewhat - by taking ownership, adding new permissions .. and then it will chg all files and dirs & takes an hour+ if unfortunate)

But managed to create & save one gadrocsheliosprofile.lua

way to go

The error messages were throwing me when selecting "new" & hitting ok, so basically you need to select "new" give it a name & a description, click "ok", then ignore error message, then select profile from dropdown box, select "load" make desired changes, then select "save".

sorted

I have set in game resolution to 2560 (=width) x 2520 (=height 1440 + 1080).

sorted

Seems to work so far as all screens go black once in game (training)

sorted

also found out you have to have EMC running minimised for it to do this:ermm::music_whistling:

errr .. no

EMC should / doesnt have to run

EMC edits the <monitorprofile>.lua (& options.lua)

then DCS runs these files

the EMC Test Outputs for placement .. are pics

you edit a Helios profile / profile editor (reset monitors / have/ADD/copied Helios A10 binding (!), Helios needs edited export.lua & config.lua (when installing Helios)(!) or nothing happens with them buttons(!), & Helios profiles will therefore not work on some MP servers (security check) (I found 1 no problem), there is a thread how to place MP menu buttons on main monitor only, or you cannot play MP (when missing bottom right for menu button))

load this Helios with Helios Control Center

then you minimize the Control Center (unless you like to look at it)

Thanks for your patience & assistance Maj, was about to go mad:gun_rifle:

welcome

.. had a - important - data harddrive problem on other compu

.. using Game box for retrieval/copying for two days

.. no play DCS

.. nothing else to do

:D

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Hi All

I am in middle of building my home cockpit for FC2/DCS BS/DCS A-10.

I realized that here is a problem with displaying MFDs RWR and some other panels on networked client in DCS A-10. When flying F-16 Open Falcon I use tool called MFD extractor. With this soft you can specify some screen areas and then send them over the network to second PC. MFD extractor can exctract these screens even if they are not visible on the main game eg in 3D cockpit mode.

I have this question: Is it possible to set fixed position of MFD somewere outside main game screen (but not on second monitor) then get their coordinates and capture them with MFD extractor. Did anyone tried this solution ?

perhaps you have the windows 'permissions' bug

(dir) security sometimes changes without know cause (specifically x64, can be repaired - somewhat - by taking ownership, adding new permissions .. and then it will chg all files and dirs & takes an hour+ if unfortunate)

I have disabled UAC if that helps, was driving me nuts

errr .. no

EMC should / doesnt have to run

EMC edits the <monitorprofile>.lua (& options.lua)

then DCS runs these files

the EMC Test Outputs for placement .. are pics

I stand corrected it works! Thank you

you edit a Helios profile / profile editor (reset monitors / have/ADD/copied Helios A10 binding (!), Helios needs edited export.lua & config.lua (when installing Helios)(!) or nothing happens with them buttons(!), & Helios profiles will therefore not work on some MP servers (security check) (I found 1 no problem), there is a thread how to place MP menu buttons on main monitor only, or you cannot play MP (when missing bottom right for menu button))

load this Helios with Helios Control Center

then you minimize the Control Center (unless you like to look at it)

To be honest Maj you have lost me here:unsure:

welcome

.. had a - important - data harddrive problem on other compu

.. using Game box for retrieval/copying for two days

.. no play DCS

.. nothing else to do

:D

Soz to hear it mate

Time for a beer though :) Gota need it after my rant!

Dammit! how do you do the individual quote thing Maj? That looks heaps better

Edited by Barrakooda

Dammit! how do you do the individual quote thing Maj? That looks heaps better

editor options: insert

#QUOTE##/QUOTE# -- brackets of course

then I switch the "/" around start/end

then I enter text

BTW

my Helios Layout over 2nd DCS screen & 2nd notebook screen attached

WIP, need to clean up

notebook can do panel switch (hide/show)

have to do my 2nd DCS box with that still

notice the "FSX" style (years & years) mini gauges on my main screen

f.i. I can always see my flaps gauge, engine thrust, AAP switches

with the mini ADI ..

.. I can look backwards (F2) to see my STUKA (WW2) style GBU-12 dive damage

.. and still fly the aircraft (or rather, not fly my A10 into the ground with my head backwards, enjoying the view)

.. clever what :)

HELIOS3screen.thumb.jpg.5b54ea090b11e064bbffee85d1df60b2.jpg

Edited by majapahit

How did you get the RWR to work?

EMC by iceman

hit the check box .. done

(adds the proper code to the script .lua)

oh, the RWR gauge around, is Helios of course

I got the RWR working through other means, but I can't for the life of me get the small SMSC readout working. This program doesn't work if you have the steam version of the game. Would anyone be able to post their lua/config scripts for the SMSC and CDU? Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--------------------------------------------------

Joshua Stubbles, Environment Artist - i5-2400K @ 3.8ghz | Thermaltake Frio CPU cooling | ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev3.1 | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mhz | 2x GeForce GTS250 SLI AF2 | 2x WDHDD 500GB RAID 0 | Thermaltake Armor case | Thermaltake Tough Power 850w PSU | Samsung BX2440X | BenQ FP202W | Saitek X52 Pro | Thrustmaster Cougar MFD | TrackIR4 Pro

I got the RWR working through other means, but I can't for the life of me get the small SMSC readout working. This program doesn't work if you have the steam version of the game. Would anyone be able to post their lua/config scripts for the SMSC and CDU? Thanks!

CMSC

CDU

_init

reference in <mionitorprofile>.lua:

CMSC =

{

&

CDU =

{

CDU_init.rar

CMSC_init.rar

Edited by majapahit

not at my gamebox, but

f.i. there's a checkbox says Left MFCD (or RWR or anything)

check it ..

.. and a sample test screen of a MFCD pops up

.. you place it, you size it

.. then you have to Save

(.. next time when rearranging, you Load first)

if your EMC installed correctly, that is

if a test screen/output doesnt show

you might wantto reinstall,

and do not forget halfway the intallation EMC wants to install some lua files

to the path of your A10 installation, as per your registry

and asks permission for that, and you have to acknowledge

als nothing happens when you actually startup A10

I can do all this from inside A10

Arrange,

run Instant mission

dont like, abort mission

AltTab to EMC

rearrange

Save

AltTab to A10

ReFly

p.s. and I use Helios' instruments and make the EMC output fit into the instruments (CDU f.i. / and MFCDs)

Thanks much. I will give this a shot.

W7 x64, i7 965, Rampage II Extreme, GTX480, 6GB Corsair 1866 cl7

Pcalvert try this if you it installed already (and EMC LUA installer has done its thing writing should all be green)

Hit new

Put in a name for profile - dont put .lua on the end

Put in a desciption on second line if you want

Hit save

*Error message will come up ignore it*

Go to dropdown box on the right & select your named profile (will now have .lua on the end)

Hit the load button

Select the RWR & resize/reposition to where you want - using mouse & keyboard arrows

Hit save

Close EMC

Done!

Crank up A10 to see if it shows, remember it will be black if the aircraft is not powered up

This how mine came out after setting it up - all done by EMC. If your wondering my touchscreen is below my 27' monitor to display helios & EMC images.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('gadrocsheliosprofile');

Description = 'gadrocsheliosprofile'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 2560;

height = 1440;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77777777777778;

}

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1484;

y = 1504;

width = 371;

height = 371;

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 64;

y = 1505;

width = 371;

height = 371;

}

UHF_REPEATER =

{

x = 665;

y = 2117;

width = 103;

height = 103;

}

DIGIT_CLOCK =

{

x = 518;

y = 2267;

width = 114;

height = 114;

}

CMSP =

{

x = 1145;

y = 2104;

width = 327;

height = 327;

}

CMSC =

{

x = 823;

y = 1453;

width = 305;

height = 305;

}

RWR =

{

x = 515;

y = 1553;

width = 258;

height = 258;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Edited by Barrakooda

Thanks Barrakooda - I'll give it a try (might have to wait until next weekend though). I'll let you know what happens...

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

There is something i do wrong:

I have 2 monitors and like to use 1 for the 3d graphics and one for some instruments/mfd.

The desktop is expanded to the second monitor.

Then i start this great tool (there was an error at first "monitor.lua not found") but i managed to make a profile where i put the two mfds (for testing) on the second monitor and saved the profile.

Now in the DCS options i choose this profile but the mfds do not appear in the game (sim :))...

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->

Marder

Have you put your total resolution (area of both screens) in DCS game video options panel?

Dont have your second display to the left of main screen DCS doesnt like it.

When you say doesnt apprear in the game are you talking about the MFD's on the actual aircraft or the ones you created? Are they black? if so you will need to power aircraft up to get them to show

@ majapahit - Thanks! Looks like a I missed something on my end. That worked great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--------------------------------------------------

Joshua Stubbles, Environment Artist - i5-2400K @ 3.8ghz | Thermaltake Frio CPU cooling | ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev3.1 | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mhz | 2x GeForce GTS250 SLI AF2 | 2x WDHDD 500GB RAID 0 | Thermaltake Armor case | Thermaltake Tough Power 850w PSU | Samsung BX2440X | BenQ FP202W | Saitek X52 Pro | Thrustmaster Cougar MFD | TrackIR4 Pro

Works, NOT!

OK, here is the problem. EMC sees the monitors correctly ... primary and secondary.

BUT the game does not have the correct position of the secondary monitor.

Any ideas? Is there a file that contains the critical information on the monitors setups?

Edited by Wartski
jjjjeeeezzzz

You need to calculate this, assuming you have them set correctly in windows/nvidia settings

What size are your monitors?

e.g i Have a 27' 2560x1440 res monitor as my main & i have a 1920x1080 touchscreen underneath my main so:

width = 2560 (because second screen is within boundries of the main)

Height = 1440 + 1080 = 2520

Therefore res i put into game was 2560 x 2520, then i selected the file name made up in EMC from dropdown box inside the game, just down from where resolution is put in.

Another example you have a main 1920 x 1080 & a second 1680 x 1080, the second sits to the RIGHT of main:

width = 1920 + 1680 = 3600

height = 1080 (they are side by side not n top like mine so you take the highest screen, similar to my width set up)

Therefore in game i would put 3600x1080.

Hope that helps.

Have a look here for more detail http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

Edited by Barrakooda

Marder

Have you put your total resolution (area of both screens) in DCS game video options panel?

Dont have your second display to the left of main screen DCS doesnt like it.

When you say doesnt apprear in the game are you talking about the MFD's on the actual aircraft or the ones you created? Are they black? if so you will need to power aircraft up to get them to show

Thanks, i did not set the resolution higher than 1 monitor - i think this is the problem.

My second screen is on the right :)

And i meant the created MFD.

I'll try it later @home.

My main monitor has a res of 1680*1050, the second one 1280*1024 how do i set the resolution ingame then?

(1680+1280) * 1050 and put the mfd a bit higher on the second monitor?

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->

Finally figured out what my problem was ... cannot be in FullScreen ... only works (for me anyway) in Windowed mode.

Edited by Wartski