2.5 Bug Ships water trails

uscstaylor

+1 same here, the water trails also flicker.

Tested at Batumi wht a couple of ships 1Nm out of the coast travelling @ 10kts, 020.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Change this line in the ships lua to this:

GT.Tail_Width = 0.000

That gets rid of that mess.

Worked perfectly Thanks! For anyone interested, I've JSGME'd a quick mod for the Tarawa. Find it attached.

Tarawa Wake.rar

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me to find the Tyconderoga and Oliver Perry inside DCS, so i can correct the wakes also! i`ve looked but can`t seem to find anything in core mods.

i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula Z370,Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition, 32GB DDR4,860 Pro SSD x2,970 Pro M.2, 840 Evo, Asus ROG PG278Q G-Sync.. Rift S:pilotfly:https://imgur.com/a/TRIm7nL

• 4 weeks later...

Every time the game updates it will revert to the old wake, that's how ingame model updates works.

Hello, your modification works, but now wake is not like real.

Do you think that ED will do something to correct this pb ?:music_whistling:

I´ve found the reason why about the wierd wake effect.

Is the Patuxent/Wave Ruler mod.

When you have this mod in the users folder, i dont know why, the Tarawa gets the wake effect affected. The moment you remove the Patuxent mod the wake is correct again. Maybe taking a look at the .lua of that mod can show some light to solve the problem.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Check other ships mods if you have any.

I know is a pain in the ass but try to start without any ship mod and then add one by one until you find which one is causing the effect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Check other ships mods if you have any.

I know is a pain in the ass but try to start without any ship mod and then add one by one until you find which one is causing the effect.

Thanks to answord me.

I have done what you say, but already wake pb.:(

Thats what im saying. Is a mod causing this effect, in my case, a ship mod. Try to move away all your custom mods, not only ship mods, and move one by one inside again until you find the one with the conflict.

I hope you dont have as many as i have. XDD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can confirm this problem is being caused by my very old RFA Wave Ruler mod that was designed for DCS 1.5.

I have been trying to fix it for a while to get it to work in DCS 2.5 and have finally given up, its not a texture problem but a model problem and I cannot seem to be able to fix it, sorry.

You will have to remove both models from your game to get rid of that horrible wake problem

REMOVE RFA Wave Ruler AND USNS Patuxent, both ships use the same model base.

Once you have removed both the issue should go away.

• 2 months later...

No, this is something different related to the MSAA filtering process at distance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

To fix this wake issue

I had to go into all of my ships lau files in my tech folder and open them up with Notepad ++ and then find this section

GT.life = 7000

GT.mass = 7.05e+007

GT.max_velocity = 16.4622

GT.race_velocity = 15.4333

GT.economy_velocity = 9.26

GT.economy_distance = 1.4816e+007

GT.race_distance = 4.63e+006

GT.shipLength = 304.5

GT.Width = 42

GT.Height = 53.1

GT.Length = 304.5

GT.DeckLevel = 16.257

GT.X_nose = 164

GT.X_tail = -113.5

GT.Tail_Width = 0.000 change the number to this and wake problem GONE!

GT.Gamma_max = 0.35

GT.Om = 0.05

GT.speedup = 0.148333

GT.R_min = 609

GT.distFindObstacles = 963.5

• 4 months later...
Scripts/Database/Navy/Blue - you will find them there.

Every time the game updates it will revert to the old wake, that's how ingame model updates works.

Thanks. I find that the ship's foam shimmers a bit approaching to land. Is there a way to delete the Ship Foam folder, (or any folder) without the game crashing or wanting to rebuild? I tried to modify the folder in notebook too but no luck..thanks

Thanks. I find that the ship's foam shimmers a bit approaching to land. Is there a way to delete the Ship Foam folder, (or any folder) without the game crashing or wanting to rebuild? I tried to modify the folder in notebook too but no luck..thanks