MFCD for FC3

Raf

Hello Raf,

I just checked the CPU demand for jawa and found it pretty high.

I use an i7 2600k processor and the jawa process takes about 12% of the CPU capacity which equals one core.

I don't understand however why this has such an impact on DCS performance since the whole CPU is used by perhaps just 35% or so.

Regards

Herby

Hi Herby, you may assign core affinity for java.exe to any core that is used neither from DCS nor DCS-sound-engine, and report back your results.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Not sure if able to catch keypress when you are focused in DCS... for a joystick is a different thing.

Understood, Raf. In that case, any chance of externalizing directx commands to a datafile (perhaps callable via command line) so that we could put in our controller name (e.g. "thrustmaster combined") and buttons?

My apologies, but this area of programming is beyond my knowledge.

All of a sudden this mod has stopped working for me.

I did start flying on a server with no map markers at all, not even me-centering?

Does this affect the mod?

I launch it and it just does not update. I press reconnect, yet nothing. Nothing moves nor updates.

Are there ways to troubleshoot this?

Edited by Vähäkylä

All of a sudden this mod has stopped working for me.

I did start flying on a server with no map markers at all, not even me-centering?

Does this affect the mod?

I launch it and it just does not update. I press reconnect, yet nothing. Nothing moves nor updates.

Are there ways to troubleshoot this?

The mod works right in single player/other servers?

Fletto i muscoli...e sono nel vuoto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't know where the error is, depending on what's written in the log.

Most probably the virtual cockpit has to implement something like this.

-- HOOKS
do
local __LuaExportStart = LuaExportStart
local __LuaExportBeforeNextFrame = LuaExportBeforeNextFrame
local __LuaExportAfterNextFrame = LuaExportAfterNextFrame
local __LuaExportStop = LuaExportStop
LuaExportStart = function ()
	if __LuaExportStart then
		__LuaExportStart()
	end
	SOCK:start()
end
LuaExportBeforeNextFrame = function ()
	if __LuaExportBeforeNextFrame then
		__LuaExportBeforeNextFrame()
	end
	SOCK:beforeFrame()
end
LuaExportAfterNextFrame = function ()
	if __LuaExportAfterNextFrame then
		__LuaExportAfterNextFrame()
	end
	SOCK:afterFrame()
end
LuaExportStop = function ()
	if __LuaExportStop then
		__LuaExportStop()
	end
	SOCK:stop()
end
end

• 2 weeks later...

Cool Mod Man! Would be cool to have an MFD like this for Mi-8 and huey since the Kneeboard is terribly difficult to read with the Purple Markers.

Could this be adopted to other modules like Mi-8 and Huey?

I know Peter has helped this situation of the kneeboard with his mod but a MFD like this would be really neat if it didn't have FPS Hit... and could be exported from the game to dual monitors.

or run by a second computer independent of the sim?

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Flightplanmanager add-on

Hello Raf,

a member from vjabog32 has scripted a little add-on to auto. input a Flightplan into your MFCD tool. Therefor he just tooks a list of Lat/long Cord. in a txt-file and use the New MK Funktion (WPT) to create the filghtplan.

This makes flightpath navigation (e.g. ILS Approach, IPs, engagement paths,...) in FC3 available and quite easy.

I´ve you like to we share the add-on.

But there´s one problem left: we need a extra shortkey (e.g. F5) for the "New MK" function, in order to make the script easy to use (at the moment we have to mesures out the x y cord. from the nk-mk button, for running the script!).

This would be real, awesome great!!! :pilotfly:

Edited by asticher

With kind regards,

Staff of Virtual JaBoG32

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMG, I didn't saw your mod until yet. :doh:

Great work, buddy! I have a few questions:

+ Is it still working with DCS 1.2.10.xxx?

+ Is there only the Bullseye on the MFCD or is it linked with the VSD (FCR) of the F-15C to get Bullseye positions for targets, too?

+ Is there a Datalink (like in Yodas mod), too? Or planned?

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does this mod still work? I can't seem to get it to connect.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• 1 month later...

How do I change the size of the display?

I've tried changing the size in the launch batch file but it seems to have no affect. I assume I'm doing something wrong.

Cool tool though!

~~~~Update: Ok, I am embarrased but have figured out what I was doing wrong. I was editing the example line (line 4) instead of adding a new parameter (ie -s256) to line 5. Back to having fun for me!

Edited by WARonWAR
solved my problem

Intel i7-8700k, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 32 GB Ram, Oculus Rift, Odyssey+, HP Reverb.

• 3 years later...