Have not been able to play for months because of bad fps

Ever since DCS updated to the new lighting system months ago I have not been able to play because the FPS dropped by half.

I was getting 60fps at 4k and now on the lowest settings at 4k I'm lucky if I get 30. This is not worth the lighting, it doesn't look that much better in the first place, it would be nice to have the fps back.

I know someone will say this, so I will address it now, no I will NOT lower my screen resolution to 1080p, I have a 4k monitor, used to get 4k 60fps and was happy and now DCS decided to basically screw me over and I'm expected to just live with it.

I want to fly online but to do so I have to have the latest version which gives me bad FPS. I can't use my spitfire and Normandy without the latest versions as well.

No matter what settings I use the FPS is now unplayable, anything under 60fps in a flight sim is unplayable to me. How can it be fixed, because at this rate there isn't a GPU on the planet that can run the Sim at what I was running it at.

You can turn deferred shading and HDR off you know. ;)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

In the meantime, the other Russian studio, with that other sim that shall not be named, managed to build a gfx engine capable of rendering comparable number of much better looking, fully collidable trees on their Caucasus map, with comparable denstiy and draw distance, plus better colour balance on season textures overall, comparable horizon draw distance and dynamic reflections on the airplanes, all that at twice the performance 2.5 offers here. Granted, they cut the corners badly on texture resolution and LOD transitions, amongst other things, but still...

As a recent, curious customer of that other sim, switching back between Caucasus there and here I agree that for the time being DCS 2.5 offers too little lighting and shading improvement (even taking a step back in some situations) for too much of a resource hit. But I digress.

Your options are limited. For now You can either switch to that other platform for your Spitfire (or generally WWII) fix, as many have been doing recently, or stick with DCS for a while and turn the Deferred Shading off in the gfx options. Mind you, DS off is not going to be fully supported, as ED is set on tweaking cockpit and terrain textures for DS on in the long run. Moreover, turning it off is already going to mess up colours of trees on all maps, but you should get some performance back, plus better general saturation and gamma balance.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ever since DCS updated to the new lighting system months ago I have not been able to play because the FPS dropped by half.

I was getting 60fps at 4k and now on the lowest settings at 4k I'm lucky if I get 30. This is not worth the lighting, it doesn't look that much better in the first place, it would be nice to have the fps back.

When you updated DCS, did you delete your fxo and metashader folders in /Saved Games/DCS?

It can make a massive difference if you've still got the old shaders in play.