Onboard missile camera?

ebabil

I watched these videos under the name of "agm-65 maverick"

but as you can see in the videos, missiles can send the live actual tv images of its own.

how is this possible? is because they were test objects?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

are you sure? it looks horribly close and the scene goes black just on the impact moment

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

So I assume they have a cable that still connects them to the plane for imaging relay?

cable? how long a cable is that?

Youtube

If it is a live feed, it's probably wireless, since you can't attach cables to the missile because the rocketmotor would burn off the cable in seconds, and besides, you need a tube to store the cable before launch.

It might be a wireless transmitter that's attached somewhere on the missile, but i still think it looks like a low pass done with the maverick still attached to the pylon.

Range to target is difficult to judge since the fov of the missile is like looking through binoculars.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Through the magical medium of electromagnetic waves, i.e. television.

So... every maverick can do this or just training ones?

I remember that during Allied Force in Bosnia an F-16 shot a weapon, I missile I think, to a bridge. Unluckily a train went through that bridge exactly after the missile launch and it was broadcasted in TV the video feed of this weapon plunging through the train and eventually into the bridge.

Quite illogical to imagine that was a Maverick- you don't use them to bring down bridges... What was that?

Also, sorry for the thread detour. :music_whistling:

So... every maverick can do this or just training ones?

I remember that during Allied Force in Bosnia an F-16 shot a weapon, I missile I think, to a bridge. Unluckily a train went through that bridge exactly after the missile launch and it was broadcasted in TV the video feed of this weapon plunging through the train and eventually into the bridge.

Quite illogical to imagine that was a Maverick- you don't use them to bring down bridges... What was that?

Also, sorry for the thread detour. :music_whistling:

That was an AGM-130, fired by an F-15E. Unlike the Maverick the AGM-130 is fitted with a DL by default and can be manually guided after release.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

another one

Youtube

Cough... TOW... MILAN...:music_whistling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire-guided_missile

Look at the placement of the rocket motor on a TOW missile, on the side to avoid burning the wire. Also, can a thin copper wire carry video information?

Additionally:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137587

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=76960

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..