Flying the 109

Little_D

Hi gents,

after the FW190 i now own the Bf109 from DCS and have to say, its 10 times easyer to take off and land this bird than the 190, even without stickcurves

like i have to use in the 190. Should it not be the other way around?

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Check you don't have auto rudder switched on. It is not like she is impossible to tame, but yes, definitely way harder to taxi and handle on ground than 190 due to narrow gear legs.

Anyway if you can control her so good and everything is correct, good for you, you have already walked a lot of the path.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Well, I may be an exception, but like Little D, I find the 109 easier to take off and land than the 190. Not so for taxi, though, the 109 is complicated on ground :)

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Dont fly 190 for while, after test it the last two weeks littel bit found compare to early FM the 190 is more instable under 300km/h.

It's now much more easier to get FW190 in a Tail Spin.

For Take Off at full Power the 190 much harder to hold in a straight Line, becaus of the Side Slip to the Tail instability on Low Speeds.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27