When will the first F-5 updates hit?

Hummingbird

Well, since a few Months now the updates came on Friday.... I would guess this Friday will be one too but don't quote me on that.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

• 2 months later...

blade stall with f-5? how?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
blade stall with f-5? how?

The engines in real life are VERY easy to compressor stall especially at high altitude/low airspeed.

This, combined with the plane's tendency to flat spin, means that if you let a departure develop into a spin the engines will stall and your controls will stop working because of no hydraulic pressure.

There are a few more tweaks that néed to be made to the FM:

If the AoA goes too far negative with flaps/slats extended (ie landing gear down or CADEC failure) the aircraft will depart much like the Flanker. It can be recovered by prompt retraction of the flaps, if allowed to continue it can develop into an INVERTED flat spin. Fun times are ahead.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't Fly the F-5 for some time but before early access they noted new Compressor and engine physics model for highly accuracy.

So far don't see any updates before release for compressor stalls? I am wrong? or still on tune list after release?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Also at positive AoA the FM needs to be finetuned as there's presently virtually no wing rock at high AoA.

?

I've always seen nose slice at high AoA that can be stopped with careful rudder input. If you practice you can fly with the stick fully back and use rudder to keep her level.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.