** AJS-37 Viggen Update! New Afterburners & Features! **

Cobra847

Not sure what from these updates are included in yestreday's patch, I see a new A/B effect and model updates, but with the follwoing issues:

- the turbine doesn't spin

- the nozzle is not animated

- at full A/B there is a yellow texture that's a bit asymmetrical (looks like it's been skewed to the bottom-right)

- it looks like the flames inside the nozzle are spinning rather then emitting. On top of that, all modules have now adopted a small trick, that is to put a little bit of heatblur effect (no pun intended) inside the nozzle, when the A/B si lit. This could make the spinning texture effect less noticeable.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I've often felt the afterburner could do with tweaked visuals. Same goes for reducing canopy glare.

The one thing that isn't planned but which I desire is the ability to deploy flaps manually (not standard practice, but possible, and has been done intentionally by pilots on rare occasions).

The one thing that isn't planned but which I desire is the ability to deploy flaps manually (not standard practice, but possible, and has been done intentionally by pilots on rare occasions).

In the real AJS Viggen flaps deployed/retracted with the gear.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

So when will we get the full uppdate ? it feels like it keeps on delaying for every patch that comes out

It does indeed :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sorry to bang on, but in January 2017, Nick said the missing EP-13 brightness/contrast knob would be added.

Still missing!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You can use the keyboard commands though

Thanks Ragnar, I always assumed as there was no keyboard command associated with that control, it wouldn't work!

Still, using modified keyboard commands is awkward in VR, so please implement this instrument soon.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

OK, so now I'm confused.

In today's update changelog, it says that amongst the many Viggen updates - well done, guys! - that we now have 'Brightness and contrast control for EP13'.

P275 of the manual shows the position of the brightness/contrast control on the left panel (item 12), but it is still not there.

Has this just been implemented for HOTAS/keyboard and still not showing in the cockpit?

Also, as an aside, P24 of the manual shows the IR-RB FRAMSTEGN control to be the EP-13 brightness/contrast. This is clearly wrong. (I think!)

Just to clarify - as there is no mention - but the Viggen bug fixes & feaures that were supposed to be in the current stable DCS 2.5.3.23225 but were not, are now included in this latest beta? And they will go to the stable build... this friday?

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

Not sure what from these updates are included in yestreday's patch, I see a new A/B effect and model updates, but with the follwoing issues:

- the turbine doesn't spin

- the nozzle is not animated

- at full A/B there is a yellow texture that's a bit asymmetrical (looks like it's been skewed to the bottom-right)

- it looks like the flames inside the nozzle are spinning rather then emitting. On top of that, all modules have now adopted a small trick, that is to put a little bit of heatblur effect (no pun intended) inside the nozzle, when the A/B si lit. This could make the spinning texture effect less noticeable.

This stuff is still not fixed. All of the "cheap" FC3 planes and even the excellent community made A-4 have these small "features/details/call it whatever you like" implemented yet full price study modules like this one (M2000/Mig21 come to mind as well) are still lacking in this department.

Is this so hard to implement? Is the F14 going to be like this?

Thank you.

This stuff is still not fixed. All of the "cheap" FC3 planes and even the excellent community made A-4 have these small "features/details/call it whatever you like" implemented yet full price study modules like this one (M2000/Mig21 come to mind as well) are still lacking in this department.

Is this so hard to implement? Is the F14 going to be like this?

Thank you.

Maybe all the cheap modules have these "small features" implemented, because they can spend so much time on it, since they dont have any "big features" to worry about. ;)

Maybe I'm just stupid but I really don't understand how this works. In the latest update there was supposed to be a fix for the sun halo in the canopy (among others), but it's still there. External texture updates were announced in several update notes but I still can't see any change. Maybe it's just me, but this update system is a bit hard to follow...

Edited by Fred00

The update system of ED is very clear if you understand software development. What was a very recent messup was that the wrong stuff got pushed into open beta.

I have been following with half an ear recently as I haven't been flying hornet (semi-broken in open beta) or viggen (just busy with even newer toys). Things would be more transparent if the ED updates page mentioned which date the version was pushed to the customer base.

Has there even been a stable update for a good while? There have been problems in the hornet so ED hasn't been able to push stable releases that much. The viggen suffers even if it's OK in open beta because they don't go cherry-picking stuff from the open beta... which would be a little bit dangerous and really not worth their time.

Patience is a prerequisite for sanity if you are in DCS.

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

The update system of ED is very clear if you understand software development. What was a very recent messup was that the wrong stuff got pushed into open beta.

I have been following with half an ear recently as I haven't been flying hornet (semi-broken in open beta) or viggen (just busy with even newer toys). Things would be more transparent if the ED updates page mentioned which date the version was pushed to the customer base.

Has there even been a stable update for a good while? There have been problems in the hornet so ED hasn't been able to push stable releases that much. The viggen suffers even if it's OK in open beta because they don't go cherry-picking stuff from the open beta... which would be a little bit dangerous and really not worth their time.

Patience is a prerequisite for sanity if you are in DCS.

You can see dates and version history here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2249076&postcount=2

The problem with the Viggen is, that changes are listed in the patchnotes that did not make it into the actual update. :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

seems like the viggen really dont get the love anymore

Are you on open beta or on stable? I am on open beta and there is a continuous stream of fixes and improvements. There do seem to be problems with the published changelog, sometimes it is incomplete and sometimes it lists changes that did not make it in the build.

Yes i'am on open beta

Are you on open beta or on stable? I am on open beta and there is a continuous stream of fixes and improvements. There do seem to be problems with the published changelog, sometimes it is incomplete and sometimes it lists changes that did not make it in the build.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :pilotfly:

Pierre Thuresson