runway destruction in MP

bpstalker

Would be nice if they added some kind of HP system to the airports. Or sgment desruction of runway parts. That way you could sync it during restarts of the server and make it possible to shudown airfields with dedicated strikes over longer periods.

Definitely a feature that would add a lot of gameplay options.

Is it possible to put some sort of ground unit on or directly next to the runway, and then set a flag that will be switched on when that unit is damaged or destroyed? What I'm thinking with this is that you could then set the mission so that when that happens, open aircraft slots at that airfield would become unusable (or unusable for a set period of time until "repair").

That's not as fully immersive as destructible airfields, but it might work as a stopgap measure.

in reality, when an airport is bombarded by a type of high-penetration cluster bombs, the airport is full of craters, so it is impracticable. AIRPORT IS DAMMAGED.

in dcs when an airport is bombed the runway remains intact and the angars, tower control, and platforms seem to have infinite immunity and super powers.

Edited by Xilon_x

It only takes a few hours to fix those holes.

Every Mil Airport I have seen has TONS of gravel and material for just THAT, to fix it quick. There are bulldozers ready to just do that, in less than 2h I guess.

But yes, I'd love to have that option with a fixed delay until repaired again.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

It only takes a few hours to fix those holes.

Every Mil Airport I have seen has TONS of gravel and material for just THAT, to fix it quick. There are bulldozers ready to just do that, in less than 2h I guess.

But yes, I'd love to have that option with a fixed delay until repaired again.

Western aircraft won't be operated from a runway with loose stuff on the surface. Filling the holes is easy but the whole thing needs to be sealed again and then cleaned. See how they walk down highways looking for loose objects when doing road exercises.

A couple of explosions on a trigger, 1000 volume, will stop the AI from using that runway.

Dont know if that applies to clients/players too. I have just been looking for ways of stopping the AI from taking off / using that runway.

Then Im just using a couple of 'Bombs in Zone' triggers, so if those given bombs hit in that, or those zones, then big boom, and runway is useless for AI.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

are they doing the work to repair the track and another attack is happening? ............ it happens that the bulldozersis over and there are no more 'and the track after is no longer' repairable.

to completely knock out an airport you must destroy the control tower and the respective hangars

Edited by Xilon_x