Tarawa Mod - Runways

SUNTSAG

Here is a Tarawa mod that updates the parking slots for the in sim model by RAZBAM. I have also reduced the smoke emissions from the funnels which for me has helped with frame rates.

Please note this will not pass IC but because I have made it JSGME compatible you can switch the mod on and off as you please. Cheers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Onaep3huW0SPWjL_GxNfKuB2PEY0UXeg/view?usp=sharing

attachment.php?attachmentid=197369&stc=1&d=1541675885

TARAWA_MOD.thumb.jpg.6794e3d8295c0e85767ec34079f55856.jpg

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi BaD CrC,

It moves ALL the current spawn and parking points on the deck and aircraft will no longer travel to their parking slots through the island.

Helo operations are now also improved but some runway starts will be required as per diagram. It's not perfect but this is all work in progress at EDs end. I haven't tested it in MP so feedback would be good. Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, and thank you for that!

I was exactly trying to do this. But, I'd like to add more than 4 Player Spawn Points do you know how to do that?

I tryed to set the numParking to 5, but when I spawn on this new place, the spawn is delayed. Have you an idea?

Thanks!

Hi, and thank you for that!

I was exactly trying to do this. But, I'd like to add more than 4 Player Spawn Points do you know how to do that?

I tryed to set the numParking to 5, but when I spawn on this new place, the spawn is delayed. Have you an idea?

Thanks!

It is not currently possible to do this. Perhaps ED may introduce this further down the line.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

suntsag is this different than the official work you were doing on the Tarawa for RazBam. I thought you were working on Razbam's Tarawa mod directly versus this being an addon mod.

It was not my intention to release this as a mod. I only decided to do so when a mission I was building ended up with Harriers landing on each other, on return to the Tarawa. I know how frustrating that can be, so I released the mod for testing. Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Each aircraft has to be allocated a slot in the flight. So lets say you want to fly with x2 wingmen AI. (with this mod you cannot have more than x2 wingmen).

Your aircraft should be set to take off from runway from parking slot 1 selected in the mission editor. Wingman 2 would be allocated takeoff from runway slot 2 and Wingman 3 takeoff from runway slot 3. The AI will not takeoff until you have.

If you want to fly solo but have AI aircraft takeoff before you taxi out do the following:

Your aircraft should be set to take off from ramp or parking hot from slot 1. The x3 AI aircraft should be set to takeoff from runway hot in slots 1,2 & 3.

Its all about the allocation of slots you can't just select 4 aircraft and not allocate specific slots. It's a limitation that has to be lived with if you want the functionality I'm afraid

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Hi

I am really grateful that you have released this mod. I have really missed doing cold starts from the carrier. The only thing that I have noticed is that, as soon as I move I am told Colt1-1 hold position over and over again.

Is there something that I need to do to stop this?

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

To be honest I haven't used the mod in a long time but i just retested it on the Normandy map. Did a complete cold start and didn't encounter any issues with repetitive radio calls.

To be honest I didn't really expect the mod to still work, especially with all the changes that have taken place. Pleased that there was no sliding on the deck too.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There might be. I haven't done much with it yet. I just fired up a cold start, went "Yay! It works ... why I am I being moaned at?" I did a very sloppy take-off and then decided to shelve it until I was looking to do that kind of mission.

It might be something in the mission design. I was trying it out on Redkite's training mission (or as I like to think of it "The Harrier Activity Blanket").

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive