[REPORTED]Engine sound on parked F/A-18C

pimp

Anyone else noticed some type of engine sound coming from parked/uncontrolled hornets?

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 3 months later...

Yes. I am using Al Dhafra AB (Persian Gulf) as US base of operations, where I placed multiple F-15Cs, Es, A-10Cs, and some AWACS and transport planes. These are all AI without waypoints and all are set to be uncontrolled. Basically, they just occupy the base without doing anything, not staring, nothing. All good so far.

Now, when I place F/A-18C, again no tasking (uncontrolled), everything works like I want it - Hornets are sitting there with wings folded but I can hear APU or engine sound all the time. As soon as I remove Hornets from my mission, the base is back to silent mode. Perhaps you can try to replicate and report BIGNEWY?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Try to Place Static Object instead of uncontrolled.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yeah it's definitely the APU running. I'm sure this will be fixed when the Hornet releases. The static object workaround works. In fact, you get a Hornet icon when you place it on the map so you can see how it looks on the map when you change the heading for example. Make sure you zoom in enough to see it. I also placed an F-16 on the map but did not get an icon. This feature may be a WIP.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals