Communication with AI wingman?

paura19

Normandy- Convoy attack

I can confirm, if the mission is started from the main menu, radio does not work, started from editor, radio works.

I also tried another mission, Harbor attack, it's the same.

edit: after opening the mission in editor and saving it, radio works from main menu too.

Edited by grunf

this is because you have to have the right channel preset in the mission editor. we will check all the training and instant missions for that. some might have to resaved.

Thank you for reporting this.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 5 months later...

Conversation is a bit old now, but flying the mission with "Normandy / Convoy" yesterday I wasn't able to talk to my flight of AI-pilots, too. They did fine, stayed in formation rock solid, nice evasive manoeuvres when under threat. But ignored any order given by me via the radio, formation, navigation, attacks, nothing ... I started the mission from main menu - is there still a problem? Do I have to open and re-store the missions in the editor?

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

• 3 months later...

Yet three months later...

Flew the Interdiction mission and tried to communicate with my wingman.

Started from main menu and the special preset "1" channel on the FR22 did not work. The frequency given in the kneeboard is 127.5 AM, tried "-" on the FR22 with that frequensy with no luck, same with the frequency the frequency selector defaults to, 123.45 AM.

Tried to open it in ME and save (com for both me and my wingman is set to 305 AM without me changing anything), then back to main menu and restart. Still no luck, kneeboard still saying 127.5 AM. Tested "-" on the FR22 with 305 AM and it did work, so also for all buttons with 305 AM (special preset "1" has 127.5 AM apparently), don't know if it did before saving in ME.

Started from ME and now the kneeboard say 305 AM for the special preset "1" channel. And all buttons with 305 AM, including special preset "1" does work for wingman communication.

On DCS OB 2.5.3.22176.

EDIT:

Further investigation reveled that starting directly from ME doesn't give special preset "1" correct frequency and the kneeboard is still 127.5 AM. I can communicate with my wingman with any of the "1", "2" and "3" buttons for the other flights (all 305 AM).

For the special preset "1"and kneeboard to bekome 305 AM I have to select my flight in ME, then fly the mission. That's all I have to do. Selecting my flight (without changing anything) gives me that popup message stating the current loadout has not been saved and if I like to save it. I hit "no". Then I start the mission, getting that "Unsaved mission" popup and hit "no" also there, so I don't save the mission again. Now special preset "1"and kneeboard work correctly. Restarting the mission again from ME without above procedure again result in wrong behaviour for the special preset "1" and kneeboard.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5