M2000C Sound alarm when landing!

ThorBrasil

Whenever I make the landing with the M2000C and back the nose to the ground, the aircraft triggers a warning alarm. What am I doing wrong? Thank you! :helpsmilie:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

It means that you have trimmed the aircraft ... the Mirage doesnt need trimming, cancel the trim before landing, by pressing on "Autopilot Standby".

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It means that you have trimmed the aircraft ... the Mirage doesnt need trimming, cancel the trim before landing, by pressing on "Autopilot Standby".

Yes the Mirage does need trimming, especially for landing.

You can cancel the warning by using "Auto Pilot stand by" button.

The difference with real Mirage stick is that you just need to close your hand on the stick to press this AP SBY button which is a paddle on the front of the stick. So the

pilot won't have this alarm.

Whenever I make the landing with the M2000C and back the nose to the ground, the aircraft triggers a warning alarm. What am I doing wrong? Thank you! helpsmilie.gif

You're not doing anything wrong, just cancel the warning.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Reset FBW.

Mirage does need trim. It's the decol light that is on, you need to reset to takeoff trim, and to do that you can double tap the AP standby button

Yes the Mirage does need trimming, especially for landing.

You can cancel the warning by using "Auto Pilot stand by" button.

The difference with real Mirage stick is that you just need to close your hand on the stick to press this AP SBY button which is a paddle on the front of the stick. So the

pilot won't have this alarm.

You're not doing anything wrong, just cancel the warning.

Thank You!:thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Like this?

Lets hope that when its your turn to need the community's help, someone will try to turn it into a joke ... pff :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It is the "DECOL" light which comes on which triggers the alarm. This warning has a purpose to warn that the airplane is not ready for takeoff and being out of the takeoff trim condition while on the ground is such a trigger.

One would hope that the real airplane would have some kind of logic to delay checking for this condition some time after touchdown like: wheel speed < 20 knots + 60 seconds delay or similar. Having it alarm for next takeoff condition the very instant of touchdown is oddly disruptive.

It is not trivial that a tap of AP-suspend resets the trim to takeoff condition. Surely a press and release of AP-suspend in flight wouldn't reset the trim; that would be awful! So it is a programmed shortcut only when the ground condition is detected and very handy at that.

But why does holding the AP-suspend on touchdown avoid the alarm? Surely the trim is still in the non-takeoff condition as the airplane touches down and the mismatch would trigger the alarm. Unless the check is also suspended when the AP-suspend is held. Does the alarm come on when AP-suspend is released?

The question becomes does the actual trim reset at the moment of touchdown while holding AP-suspend? Probably not as this would be a sudden change of trim at the instant of landing which could be very physically upsetting (unsafe)!

The only system that would make any real sense to me would be to withhold the DECOL check while AP-suspend is held and reset trim for ground condition when AP-suspend is released. This way the alarm wouldn't sound at the instant of touchdown and the trim would not reset until later when the pilot released the paddle.

• Like 1

I agree, if the real airplane worked that way it would be really weird and illogical. Many commercial aircraft have built-in checks before take-off that trigger the alarm when conditions are not met, but none of them makes such check just when the aircraft lands. Usually the warning is not active unless the throttle has been advanced to take-off position. .

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Lets hope that when its your turn to need the community's help, someone will try to turn it into a joke ... pff :(

ugh... I saw that the question was answered 5 posts before me and wanted a "LOL". I wouldn't have if the question wasn't answered yet. Just a little humor, not trying to poke at anybody. :doh:

Best Complement: "You fly like a Psychotic 5 year old" :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, it *does* work that way actually.

Sorry about reality being sometimes weird and illogical ;)

You mean it always sounds an alarm if the weight is on wheels during landing and the system is not in neutral trim?

Source?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

You mean it always sounds an alarm if the weight is on wheels during landing and the system is not in neutral trim?

I do. Unless of course, alarm sound system is set to Off (which it should, on the ground once runway vacated and up to the next holding point).

Source?

Yes. Sources in fact. Multiple, concordant & solid.

spacer.png

Autopilot standby is done by keyboard LALT-A...however I cannot find a button in cockpit

or along the Autopilot row of buttons top left of cockpit...called Autopilot Standby...any idea

anybody where it is located. Pic would help. None of the Autopilot button seemed to be called this...thx Gary

It is the "DECOL" light which comes on which triggers the alarm. This warning has a purpose to warn that the airplane is not ready for takeoff and being out of the takeoff trim condition while on the ground is such a trigger.

One would hope that the real airplane would have some kind of logic to delay checking for this condition some time after touchdown like: wheel speed < 20 knots + 60 seconds delay or similar. Having it alarm for next takeoff condition the very instant of touchdown is oddly disruptive.

It is not trivial that a tap of AP-suspend resets the trim to takeoff condition. Surely a press and release of AP-suspend in flight wouldn't reset the trim; that would be awful! So it is a programmed shortcut only when the ground condition is detected and very handy at that.

But why does holding the AP-suspend on touchdown avoid the alarm? Surely the trim is still in the non-takeoff condition as the airplane touches down and the mismatch would trigger the alarm. Unless the check is also suspended when the AP-suspend is held. Does the alarm come on when AP-suspend is released?

The question becomes does the actual trim reset at the moment of touchdown while holding AP-suspend? Probably not as this would be a sudden change of trim at the instant of landing which could be very physically upsetting (unsafe)!

The only system that would make any real sense to me would be to withhold the DECOL check while AP-suspend is held and reset trim for ground condition when AP-suspend is released. This way the alarm wouldn't sound at the instant of touchdown and the trim would not reset until later when the pilot released the paddle.

Excellent explanation :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Autopilot standby is done by keyboard LALT-A...however I cannot find a button in cockpit

or along the Autopilot row of buttons top left of cockpit...called Autopilot Standby...any idea

anybody where it is located. Pic would help. None of the Autopilot button seemed to be called this...thx Gary

Just reading the beginning of the topic:

The difference with real Mirage stick is that you just need to close your hand on the stick to press this AP SBY button which is a paddle on the front of the stick.

Or refer to Flight Manual included in DCS:

In current flight manual, see page 24

In future updated flight manual, see page 30

++

Az'

spacer.png

in a real world M2000 this button is behind the stick away from the pilots perspective...the side facing the front of the plane. It does not appear to be in the game as how would you select it...

behind and out of sight. I suppose that is why DCS mapped it to LALT-A.

gary

Effective Solution

After much trial and error this is what works consistently: LALT-A to put autopilot into standby mode

before landing/touchdown which will set trim to neutral position.

*There is no clickable button on joystick to reset trim to neutral setting*

"Autopilot on>Autopilot off" does not work consistently

"You can double tap the AP standby to reset the trim" just one execution of LALT-A is enough

"trim before landing, by pressing on Autopilot Standby" cannot be pressed as in no such button available on joystick ... use LALT-A

Hope this helps others, as it will get rid of that annoying Master Caution Lights (top left of cockpit) and associated buzzer sound...beep, beep, beep......Gary

There are two kinds of "weight on wheels." There is a sensor for weight on the main landing gear and a sensor for weight on the nose landing gear.

No Action -> MLG WOW -> NLG WOW -> Alarm

Squeeze -> MLG WOW -> NLG WOW -> Alarm

MLG WOW -> Squeeze -> NLG WOW -> No Alarm

NLG WOW -> MLG WOW -> Huge Firey Crash

After much trial and error this is what works consistently: LALT-A to put autopilot into standby mode

before landing/touchdown which will set trim to neutral position.

Indeed! :)

The control is also what jojo said on post #3 (page 1).

You added/guessed the part about the wheels, which we didn't explain.

(perhaps we were feeling it was not needed as it was obvious for us that using that control before main wheel touch down wasn't going to make the trim go neutral, and using it after front wheel touch down wasn't going to prevent the alarm? sorry in this case)

spacer.png