Modifying Logbook - Nations/Squadron

Paragon

Hello,

I wanted to know if it was possible to modify DCS: Black Shark by adding new squadrons and nations to the Logbook. Having read the GUI manual, I see that it is possible to add a custom pilot's avatar/photograph, but the manual does not seem to make any mention of squadrons or nations beyond the ability to select the predefined ones.

I am not particularly familiar with the DCS folder hierarchy or the LUA scripting, but after a quick look, it appears to be possible to modify the existing squadron patch images. Does anybody know if new squadrons, nations and badges can be created without the need to overwrite the existing ones, and if so, how?

I did search the forum before posting this, so I apologise in advance if it has already been covered and passed through my net. Constructive responses are much appreciated!

Additionally, I wanted to convey my thanks to ED for producing such an excellent simulation. The documentation and the software itself are of the highest order and I will definitely be pre-ordering any future DCS modules based on my impressions with Black Shark. Thanks!

Edited by Paragon