How to delete a static object.

MaNaZaS

You could create an explosion on it. That'll get it gone.

Or instead of a static, use an actual plane with zero fuel, then you can deactivate it.

The explosion is a bad idea XDD

I'm trwing put planes (static objects) in the same parking that client planes. I would like a airbase with lots of planes.

I want quit this object when a player select a plane in the same parking...

I cant use IA planes cause I cant put two planes in a same parking.

Do u understand me??

Thanks

The thing you are trying to do is an oft requested function in this section of the forum - that is, have a static plane in a parking spot be replaced by a client plane upon join in.

Even if you used a DO SCRIPT action with StaticObject.getByName('name of your static in ME'):destroy() that is triggered when the client UNIT IS INSIDE ZONE, I don't think the static would get deleted before the client plane spawns in and would create a collision explosion between both objects.

The explosion is a bad idea XDD

I'm trwing put planes (static objects) in the same parking that client planes. I would like a airbase with lots of planes.

I want quit this object when a player select a plane in the same parking...

I cant use IA planes cause I cant put two planes in a same parking.

Do u understand me??

Thanks

It would have been nice if you explained this from the beginning.

I agree that won't work. Move on to some other strategy, like every other plane being static. Or make two rows and interchange them with statics on the non-parking spaces.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

It was not a bad idea. It has been something many have tried to do many times before, but it is just not possible with the current mission editor options unfortunately.

Look at it this way...You really don't need the static object sitting where planes spawn...It's a version of Schrodinger's cat / Tree falls in a forest puzzle. If you're not in the server is the Static airplane really there?

Populate the Ramp but leave the specific spots empty for clients. When the client spawns...they will see aircraft next to them...and the static aircraft that might have been in that spot...will exist only with Schrodinger's cat and the Tree.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Look at it this way...You really don't need the static object sitting where planes spawn...It's a version of Schrodinger's cat / Tree falls in a forest puzzle. If you're not in the server is the Static airplane really there?

Populate the Ramp but leave the specific spots empty for clients. When the client spawns...they will see aircraft next to them...and the static aircraft that might have been in that spot...will exist only with Schrodinger's cat and the Tree.

Not sure why you quoted my comment. But the case to have the static there is for the other people that ARE there. That they do not see an aircraft POP into existence. For realistic immersion, it is something that would be nice to have. Unfortunately, for CLIENT aircraft, it is not possible at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Units can't be teleported AFAIK.

MIST has a function for teleporting units, but it works by destroying the unit and creating its exact copy.

edit: you can call the destroy function on static objects according to hoggit wiki, OP

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

@dorianR666

Yes, I know existing units can be removed and new units can be spawned, that doesn't constitute teleporting in my book.

My definition of teleporting: "Take unit from point A and move it instantly to point B".

I see that you were referring to a specific MIST function that emulates "teleporting", so now I understand what you meant.

Anyway, sure, the OP can probably remove those statics using a simple script, but since he mentioned ME triggers, I decided not to burden him with code.

Edited by Hardcard