F-16 Crash @March AFB SoCal

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28075/f-16-crashes-near-march-air-reserve-base-in-southern-california

The situation is very fluid and details remain scarce at best, but multiple reports state that an F-16 has crashed near March Air Reserve Base located just outside of Riverside, California. The aircraft supposedly careened into a warehouse resulting in a substantial fire. Firefighters have requested a full hazmat response. Some are saying this indicates the aircraft was carrying live munitions, which could very well be true, but F-16s also use the volatile fuel hydrazine for power generation and the planes themselves contain materials that could be harmful to personnel when set alight. Some reports have also stated that the pilot ejected and landed safely, although they are yet to be officially confirmed.

Edited by Phantom88
added video

Patrick

mini.gif

Yeah there was a parachute. KCRA Heli was streaming around the whole area:

... but ummm, no fire, smoke? No fuel?

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Sure looks like a no-fuel crash . I see very little/no trace of fire .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..