Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign - Page 26 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 05:00 PM   #251
The Integrator

Reputation power: 0
The Integrator is on a distinguished road

I played through the first mission, very good! I learned a few new things especially regarding the startup order rather than just doing things as I think of them . I also enjoyed the style of radio chatter both with the wingman and ATC. I spotted a couple of bugs which have probably already been mentioned, namely the speedbrakes not stopping during the emergency retract test (which I understand is an ED issue), I've never noticed that before since I've never gone near that switch before, the black and yellow warning stripes scare me too much . There was also some confusion over the radio frequencies which I think has been mentioned already.
An excellent mission and I look forward to the rest of it!

P.S. this is also the first time I've gone near the transponder/IFF, since I know it is non-functional in DCS. Does anyone happen to know if there are plans to make it functional? I know ED are planning a big update to ATC...

Last edited by The Integrator; 09-12-2017 at 08:27 PM.
The Integrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:22 AM   #252
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Reputation power: 18
baltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nice

Thanks, working on M5 nw: ILS / TACAN and air to air refuelling. Getting some tips and parts of the script written by an actual KC-135 boom operator! Also simultaneously doing stuff for M7 - weapons employment basics.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:04 PM   #253
sze5003

Reputation power: 1
sze5003 will become famous soon enoughsze5003 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_dragon View Post
Thanks, working on M5 nw: ILS / TACAN and air to air refuelling. Getting some tips and parts of the script written by an actual KC-135 boom operator! Also simultaneously doing stuff for M7 - weapons employment basics.
Sounds fun but I hope it's like the mission on the m2000 where we have the option to say we refueled but didn't..I'm absolutely horrible at air to air refueling.
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #254
SharkBaztard

SharkBaztard is on a distinguished road

sze5003, keep trying on the aar, it's worth the struggle. once you "get it", you are gtg!

Have u tried some throttle/joy curves to make flying a little more smooth?

Someone has a aar mission that you spawn right behind the tanker and can practice as much as needed.
SharkBaztard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #255
sze5003

sze5003 will become famous soon enoughsze5003 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBaztard View Post
sze5003, keep trying on the aar, it's worth the struggle. once you "get it", you are gtg!

Have u tried some throttle/joy curves to make flying a little more smooth?

Someone has a aar mission that you spawn right behind the tanker and can practice as much as needed.
Nice I will look for that mission. I do need more practice in aar. I only ever did it once and that was in an f22, long long time ago.
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #256
baltic_dragon

baltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nice

On that topic, though slightly off topic for this thread - I am thinking about doing AAR mandatory part of almost each sorrtie for Harrier campaign - after all, if loaded with weapons they wouldn't have much fuel. Hm, might even post a poll elsewhere!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:24 PM   #257
Jumbik

Reputation power: 4
Jumbik will become famous soon enoughJumbik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
On that topic, though slightly off topic for this thread - I am thinking about doing AAR mandatory part of almost each sorrtie for Harrier campaign - after all, if loaded with weapons they wouldn't have much fuel. Hm, might even post a poll elsewhere!

Oh the dread and horror of thinking that I have to AA refuel in each mission. Sweat and blood on Hotas...

This could probably be the hardest campaign ever.
Jumbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #258
baltic_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbik View Post
Oh the dread and horror of thinking that I have to AA refuel in each mission. Sweat and blood on Hotas...

This could probably be the hardest campaign ever.
For those unable / unwilling to learn (I still am really bad at AAR) there is always an option of unlimited fuel
Old 09-13-2017, 06:52 PM   #259
Jumbik

Reputation power: 4
Jumbik will become famous soon enoughJumbik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
For those unable / unwilling to learn (I still am really bad at AAR) there is always an option of unlimited fuel

Oh no, no cheating, either I do it or die trying. It's just so damn hard.

I wonder if it is "easier" in VR.
Jumbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #260
baltic_dragon

MUCH easier. Same goes for landing the helos.