what is DCS: NS430 - Page 28 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #271
aileron

Reputation power: 3
aileron has a spectacular aura aboutaileron has a spectacular aura aboutaileron has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabil View Post
a-10, su-27 and other planes can load the pre created flight plans on their gps/tad/mfd/abris automatically. why can't this gps do that? creating f/p's would be a torture since most of the waypoints just coordinates, not vor's etc.

and no hsi connection, no nav and com radio feature (i am not sure but i guess i heard this on a video)

so this device can't reflect its potential to dcs.
Yea, what bothers me about this whole thing, is why a NAV-COM radio? What they should of done was emulate a GPS-400 instead. Since its really just being used as a GPS unit and isn't driving anything.

We don't have a full compliment ATC system, so no SIDs/STARs or Area Control Centers, ATIS, Clearance Delivery, Ground, etc to take advantage of something like this.

I fly IFR flights at night in thunderstorms in NTTR with the A10-C using just the HSI and VOR/TACAN/ILS all the time just for the fun of it. So while this peaked my interest, its so gimped and things are so uncertain I just said no... not unless things really change within the sim and its fully integrated with supporting instruments as it would be if you were bothering to buy something like this for an aircraft.

Otherwise a hand-held GPS would of sufficed or a GPS-400.
aileron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #272
gospadin
Tester NS 430

Reputation power: 11
gospadin is just really nicegospadin is just really nicegospadin is just really nicegospadin is just really nicegospadin is just really nicegospadin is just really nicegospadin is just really nicegospadin is just really nicegospadin is just really nicegospadin is just really nicegospadin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileron View Post
Otherwise a hand-held GPS would of sufficed or a GPS-400.
My take is that by building the 430 now, individual developers/modules can decide whether or not to integrate the radios & CDI/HSI data into their panels if they have the budget/time/interest. Allows them to build just 1 version.

For flying IFR, just pretend you lost radio contact. Squawk 7600 and follow the F in AVEF =P

--gos

PS: Improved ATC is also in the works, though obviously it'll be a (relatively long) while...
gospadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #273
shonist

Reputation power: 1
shonist will become famous soon enoughshonist will become famous soon enoughshonist will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by drPhibes View Post
im with you. but saying "early access" and not posting an intented features list to be complete its not ok.
if there is one ill say you are right. if not... early access just means :"Buy it, probably it will be like you want, probably not and we will have your money".
shonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:43 PM   #274
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 45
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

They will not have your money if you dont buy it,

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:16 PM   #275
drPhibes

Reputation power: 7
drPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nice

I know this sounds like complete crazy talk, but you don't actually have to buy a new module the first week after it is released. If you are unsure if it's worth buying yet, wait for a complete feature list to be published (like I'm doing).
drPhibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #276
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 45
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Waiting?

You are crazy. XD

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:22 PM   #277
WindyTX

WindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura about

Its the price of a semi decent bottle of wine ( of which I get through a lot ) so yes you are crazy lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GTX 1080 Has its uses
WindyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:12 PM   #278
Mainstay

Reputation power: 17
Mainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of light

The module is well worth the money. But thats my opinion.

Besides looking at the scripts shows me that this could adopted for other modules aswell.
The L-39 lines are is still in there its just not enabled right now for some reason we dont know.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:39 PM   #279
WindyTX

WindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura about

Can we enable this for the L39 ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GTX 1080 Has its uses
WindyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:14 PM   #280
pappavis

Reputation power: 16
pappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to pappavis Send a message via Yahoo to pappavis

BUMP..

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

<a href=http://159thgar.com/forums/index.php target=_blank><a href=http://www.the159th.com/sigs/159th_pappavis.jpg target=_blank>http://www.the159th.com/sigs/159th_pappavis.jpg</a></a>

SPECS: AMD 8xcores 3,6Ghz 16gigs RAM, Geforce GTX980 4Gb, Matrox Dualhead2Go, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, HTC Vive, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G35 Headset, 2x 256Gb SSD, 1x 2Tb storage
pappavis is offline   Reply With Quote