As often as other types (fighters, fighter/bombers, attack aircraft) 65 36.52%
Rarely/ when something new comes out 54 30.34%
Never 28 15.73%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #41
leafer
Veteran

Reputation power: 74
leafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to behold

Huh. I was trying to be a smartass because I didn't know we could.
leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:27 AM   #42
Meneliki

Reputation power: 0
Meneliki is on a distinguished road
Default hmm

I love flying bombers, but as far as I can tell the heaviest bomb a player-controlled plane can load is a 500kg. The game features much larger bombs but as far as I can tell we can't employ them. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I'd be the first in line to buy a heavy bomber module. I'm talkin' strategic bombing. Carpet bombing. Terror bombing. Kaboom.

Any plans to this effect, ED?
Meneliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:08 PM   #43
Buzzles

Reputation power: 14
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Holy thread revive there Meneliki, not far off 4 years!
Buzzles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:41 AM   #44
Mrmaverick

Reputation power: 5
Mrmaverick is on a distinguished road

Old thread yes, I don't think the Normandy map is big enough for any large bombers unless air starts or AI controlled flights are used. Most of the map is water, taking off out of England there is not much to choose from for airfields, and all on the coast. Once you took off you would be climbing for altitude till almost at you target which also would be near the coast in France. And then have to do a quick u turn as not to fly off the map. The bombers would be good but a much much bigger map is needed and a lot more players to make it worth while. Bombers don't last in the air with cannon shells from fighters blowing them out of the sky, and people will stop flying them after being constantly shot down.
Still be nice to have.
Will have to crank up the microprose mighty eighth for a b-17 bomber fix. The map size in that in DCS would be perfect, but dreaming i recon .
Mrmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #45
Roblex

Reputation power: 3
Roblex is on a distinguished road

A lot of B-26s and Mosquitos were used during the early phase to help with the coastal defences missed by the high alt heavies because of the cloud cover. With these added, we would not have any problem with climbing to altitude as they both flew very low under the clouds plus the size of the map is not an issue because they did not go far inland on their strikes.

Of course the biggest thing missing is the Typhoons. A shame as few simulators include them because they mostly belong in Normandy battles.

ps YES! I would dearly love to fly B26 or Mosquito and leave the spit & P51 on the ground.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz
Roblex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #46
DieHard

Reputation power: 11
DieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvin View Post
I used to love bombing in Warbirds and Aces High and would fly them in RRG's sim if the terrain is big enough. Terrain size was one of drawbacks in IL-2 for decent medium-high bombing

Me too, flew all the bombers in Aces High, the 1st decade of 2000. Came to DCS in 2011 and still. Just went back to Aces High---their online MP on a weekend night can be over a hundred guys! While the Europe servers are sleeping, Texas, USA is still awake!

I like both sims.

A B-17 mission sortie from England to a European target and return can take hours! Aces High gets into it, real immersion.

Last edited by DieHard; 09-09-2017 at 08:12 PM.
DieHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #47
WHOGX5

Reputation power: 6
WHOGX5 will become famous soon enoughWHOGX5 will become famous soon enough

All this talk about B-17's... Am I the only Ju-88 fanboy on this forum?
  • B-1B Lancer
  • EA-6B Prowler
  • SEPECAT Jaguar GR3A
  • OV-10D/D+ Bronco
  • C-2 Greyhound/E-2 Hawkeye
  • RA-5C Vigilante
WHOGX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #48
Charly_Owl

Reputation power: 25
Charly_Owl is a name known to allCharly_Owl is a name known to allCharly_Owl is a name known to allCharly_Owl is a name known to allCharly_Owl is a name known to allCharly_Owl is a name known to allCharly_Owl is a name known to allCharly_Owl is a name known to allCharly_Owl is a name known to allCharly_Owl is a name known to allCharly_Owl is a name known to all

You're most certainly not.
Charly_Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #49
bart

Reputation power: 9
bart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOGX5 View Post
All this talk about B-17's... Am I the only Ju-88 fanboy on this forum?

Nope.....one here too!

Cant wait for the AI Ju-88 to come out, something new and different to shoot at with the Spitfire
i7-3960 six core Extreme overclocked to 4.0Ghz, 16GB ram 1600MHz DDR3 Quad channel, 1x 256GB and 1x 512GB 850 Pro SATA 6GB/s Samsung SSD's, 4GB GTX 980, Windows 7. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift CV1.

.................................................. ........................................................................ ...........................
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:02 AM   #50
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Reputation power: 44
Silver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Here other bomber lover. Waiting is sometime see a A-20G fliable

Enviado desde mi GT-S7580 mediante Tapatalk

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote