[NO BUG] Ground Vehicle Ammo Replenishment Unavailable; Seemingly at Random

And example of what I mean by the title:

I set up an ammunition depot right beside a ground vehicle. I empty the vehicle of ammo and while literally touching the fence of the depot hit LAlt \. Sometimes (rarely) my vehicle will start the rearming process, the vast majority of the time I will simply see "Unable to start ammo replenishment: ammunition is not available."

What I have also tried:

Ammo Depot + FARP Ammo dump + CP Vehicle + Ural-375 + GPU Truck + Fuel Truck + Ammo Depot supplied by airfield.

The ammo depots in question always have the default unlimited stockpiles for simplicity.

Does anyone have any ideas or a test mission I could try to see what I am missing?

Check out this post by Grimes.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2291449&postcount=12

Air bases are the big warehouses with everything. An example is that the Hawk system or an Abrams will replenish itself as long as it's on the base circular area on the map editor. I think that circular area defines the maximum distance. Also coalition specific so you can't rearm a red vehicle on a blue base (I know you are already aware of this). I think that some vehicles can only be supplied by certain vehicles or warehouses. It seems kind of complicated and it would be nice to have a list of what can replenish what.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 months later...

plenty of ammo, but not replenish, tracks

I can imagine one or two truck can run out of ammo.

I can imagine one or two unlimited supply ammo depot can run out of ammo.

But I can not imagine brand new spawned ammo trucks are unusable for these situations!

action was in: Kish Island - Persian Gulf Map

doc page 20:

Weapon Resupply

Replenishment of ammunition is carried from a warehouse or truck, URAL -375 for the red coalition and the M818 for the blue coalition. To replenish ammunition, the unit must be within 100 meters from a warehouse of player's coalition and press the [LALT + ']. AI vehicles replenish their ammunition when near a warehouse or supply truck of their coalition once every 60 seconds.

To replenish the ammunition at the airfield or FARP, move close to the warehouse that supplies the FARP or airfield.

This needed to be updated, refined and maybe reprogrammed:

-its not fair BLUE coalition Russian Ural-375 can not replenish its OWN group. (CA slot)

-Ammunition Depot type warehouse can replenish luckily.

edit: 2,5,3,21235_PG_unableToStartAmmoReplenishment-AINA_short.trk more replay: there was no replenishing equipment and replenishing!

OLD LONG TRACKS: the timestamps on the long tracks are the first occured no replenishment available timestamps, then replay can run out of ammo in the first minutes

EDIT: All track removed because now thankfully ED built an airfield to the old battle scene. (And for space saving.)

Edited by discwalker
seems to be fixed

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

If the truck is dynamically spawned, it won't perform its function just as most dynamically spawned units won't listen to commands or perform their orders.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 10 months later...

As I tested all mentioned things works now flawlessly

I attach a test "duck hunting" mission.

Anyone noticed mentions of these issues in any of the changelogs?

(Maybe some day in the manual the Lalt+' corrected to Lalt+\, the default replenishment key in CA; string "Rearming"/"Ammo maintenance")

PG_AmmoReplenishment-test-Kish_Island2.miz

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD