Hawk Stops while taxiing - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #31
Ramsay

Reputation power: 10
Ramsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp@t View Post
Yes Sir, with pleasure
Try to find Hawks on Blue side : one pair on Gudauta out of shelter and another on Senaki in shelter
Quote:
So someone encounters same problem on this mission ?
Tested the mission in 1.5.6 stable - the Hawks spawn with their handbrake on but that's normal.

Cold started a Senaki Hawk, took the hand brake off, taxied and took off without issue.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk Parking Brake, DCS 1_5_6, Screen_170904_183751.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	168643  
Old 09-05-2017, 11:20 AM   #32
Vino

Reputation power: 3
Vino will become famous soon enoughVino will become famous soon enough

In real Hawk that is a pedalbrake, the parking brake is right side of the seat..
Vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:39 AM   #33
Ramsay

Reputation power: 10
Ramsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
In real Hawk that is a pedalbrake, the parking brake is right side of the seat..
It's a known, it seems the MoD were worried about joy riders at air shows or something.

AFAIK the real parking brake and location is to be modelled in an updated VEAO cockpit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ells228 View Post
Parking brake will change to the proper one in the future update. We're allowed to model it now.
The current parking brake (rudder lock) will become its intended feature.

Last edited by Ramsay; 09-05-2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Add link to Ells228 post Re: Parking brake
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #34
MikeMikeJuliet

Reputation power: 6
MikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
It's a known, it seems the MoD were worried about joy riders at air shows or something.

AFAIK the real parking brake and location is to be modelled in an updated VEAO cockpit.
Oh noes, the worst enemy of the British government... people with knowledge of the Hawk handbrake handle.

What on earth were they thinking?!

Too many times officials drop a bomb on honest hobbyists and enthusiasts without knowing any better. Oh well, glad the fix is coming.
MikeMikeJuliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:43 AM   #35
Auntystatic

Reputation power: 1
Auntystatic is on a distinguished road

over the past week I've had the problem of not being able to move after an auto start in 1.5 quite a few times, sometimes respawning fixes it but I've had the problem of stuck to ground after a respawn too, love flying it once I get off the ground, can't wait to see/fly it once 2.5 comes out.

Cheers
Danielle
Auntystatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #36
comie1

Reputation power: 9
comie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntystatic View Post
over the past week I've had the problem of not being able to move after an auto start in 1.5 quite a few times, sometimes respawning fixes it but I've had the problem of stuck to ground after a respawn too, love flying it once I get off the ground, can't wait to see/fly it once 2.5 comes out.

Cheers
Danielle
Just jumped in the Hawk there and had this issue too.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:05 PM   #37
comie1

comie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys I do a manual start up and then can't move an inch. Is there a work around for this? Can't fly my Hawk on multiplayer no more ;(
Old 10-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #38
TOViper

TOViper will become famous soon enoughTOViper will become famous soon enoughTOViper will become famous soon enough

same problem here, was on ACG yesterday, got stuck on parking position after engine runup.

somewhen the brake released (dont know exactly why and how, my head was looking down while trying to get the dose somehow work) and since I used a little throttle to keep alive the freaking HYD2 system I "jumped" into the grass. luckily i noticed whats going on and applied brakes before crossing the runway endangering someone else ...

this was the first time after a long period of not flying the hawk, and it didnt work, so ... no comment on this from my side except for this one:
i am getting used to find out things not working after some periods of not flying ... , had a major issue in april this year also.
i payed money for the modules, but they dont work from time to time. maybe it is because i dont fly all the time . there is a second possibility, but i think i am not allowed to post this here because censorship would kill this immediately.
TOViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:25 AM   #39
comie1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOViper View Post
same problem here, was on ACG yesterday, got stuck on parking position after engine runup.

somewhen the brake released (dont know exactly why and how, my head was looking down while trying to get the dose somehow work) and since I used a little throttle to keep alive the freaking HYD2 system I "jumped" into the grass. luckily i noticed whats going on and applied brakes before crossing the runway endangering someone else ...

this was the first time after a long period of not flying the hawk, and it didnt work, so ... no comment on this from my side except for this one:
i am getting used to find out things not working after some periods of not flying ... , had a major issue in april this year also.
i payed money for the modules, but they dont work from time to time. maybe it is because i dont fly all the time . there is a second possibility, but i think i am not allowed to post this here because censorship would kill this immediately.
Dude that's the server I was on too when it happened
ACG is the best server!
Anyway.. lol My brakes never let off... wonder what it is?
Old 10-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #40
Tyrant07

Tyrant07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by comie1 View Post
Dude that's the server I was on too when it happened
ACG is the best server!
Anyway.. lol My brakes never let off... wonder what it is?
I have also had this issue on the ACG server. The only way I could get my brakes to unlock was for a friend in an F-5 to bump me from behind.