Mustang after 2.2. - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 07:02 AM   #21
M1Combat

Looks awesome to me in VR. I moved the gamma to the left (all the way) and I think it's generally OK but sometimes when the sun is coming in from a side I think the gauges are too dark. Maybe DCS simulates pupil dilation like some other titles do when scenes change their light level? If so maybe that just needs tuning? I don't know but it looks pretty good to me. Not quite perfect/done I'd think but good so far

Nvidia GTX970 (HTC Vive)
MSI Z77 MPower
Core i5-3570K
24GB G-Skill Trident-X

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
(UCR - mapping throttle and clutch pedals together to form a rudder Axis)
GamesCom/Plantronics 780 USB Headset
M1Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #22
HotTom

I had this problem in an earlier version of 2.1. Horrible glare. Turned off Deferred Shading and activated HDR. Works fine for me. Try it.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #23
Solty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I think "god awful" is a little harsh, I spent some time in the Spitfire tonight, looked pretty decent to me, was a bit on the bright side, maybe a gamma adjustment needed, can use the slider if ED feels it is where it needs to be, but does seem a little bright. Reflections dont seem that strong to me, compared to the real thing anyways.
Try the P-51 then. This is the P-51 thread. Those painted on reflections are visible in all lighting conditions, it realy looks bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTom View Post
I had this problem in an earlier version of 2.1. Horrible glare. Turned off Deferred Shading and activated HDR. Works fine for me. Try it.
Its not about the glare its about the dials and internal parts visible on the cockpit glass that obscure the outside world.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Last edited by Solty; 12-12-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #24
Redglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
I will have to try no differed shading. It’s un playable at the moment, as if trying to keep an eye on that little dot wasn’t already tough enough. Now the view is just obscured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I think "god awful" is a little harsh, I spent some time in the Spitfire tonight, looked pretty decent to me, was a bit on the bright side, maybe a gamma adjustment needed, can use the slider if ED feels it is where it needs to be, but does seem a little bright. Reflections dont seem that strong to me, compared to the real thing anyways.
I'm confused. When I tested it on the latest version,
- with deferred shading: cockpit too bright, more visual effects (tracers), better fuselage rendering, no sun glare
- with no deferred shading: cockpit fine, less visual effects, fuselage rendering fine but plainer (not entirely sure about that last one), sun glare

But Campbell says it's "awful" and "obscured"? with no DS (what is bad/how is it obscured?), and SiThSpAwN says it's too bright with no DS.

Does it come from other settings as well? That's the only one I changed between the two tests, gamma didn't change.

EDIT: providing some shots to make sure that's what the others see

4 first screenshots : WITH deferred shading (name is *_DS.jpg), on 4_DS you can see the tracers
4 next screenshots and last one for settings: WITHOUT deferred shading (*_no_DS.jpg), and HDR on, on 3_no_DS you can see the sun glare
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_DS.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	174070   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_DS.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	174071   Click image for larger version

Name:	3_DS.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	174072  

Name:	4_DS.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	174073   Click image for larger version

Name:	1_no_DS.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	174074   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_no_DS.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	174075  

Name:	3_no_DS.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	174076   Click image for larger version

Name:	4_no_DS.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	174077   Click image for larger version

Name:	settings_no_DS.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	174078  

Last edited by Redglyph; 12-12-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Redglyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #25
Campbell

My “god awful” comment is in regards to the instrument reflection on the canopy. You have to dog fight in the P51 to see the effect. The reflection is so intense that I can nearly fly on instruments just by looking at the canopy. It’s very distracting and simply obscures the outside visual. I get that there maybe reflections and glare in a real aircraft. However, there’s also things pilots wear to alleviate the glare such as sun glasses/ helmet visors. It almost looks like I’m flying while looking through two different layers of cockpit.

Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #26
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...83#post3322583
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:09 PM   #27
71st_AH Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
My “god awful” comment is in regards to the instrument reflection on the canopy. You have to dog fight in the P51 to see the effect. The reflection is so intense that I can nearly fly on instruments just by looking at the canopy. It’s very distracting and simply obscures the outside visual. I get that there maybe reflections and glare in a real aircraft. However, there’s also things pilots wear to alleviate the glare such as sun glasses/ helmet visors. It almost looks like I’m flying while looking through two different layers of cockpit.

Except you can't because the dials don't move because it isn't a reflection, but is a texture on the canopy.

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #28
Solty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71st_AH Rob View Post
Except you can't because the dials don't move because it isn't a reflection, but is a texture on the canopy.
The main point still stands, the reflection is so vivid that it obstructs everything outside. It is a relic of the old engine when the reflections themselves were quite uderwhelming.

You do not see that kind of obstructing type of painted reflections in other planes made later. To me they have to go or be toned down a LOT.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #29
Redglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71st_AH Rob View Post
That's what I don't like, as soon as I move my head I see those fake reflections and it's very distracting. I suppose there might be a mod somewhere for that ... but I have reached my quota of fixes with the A-10C switches, the MiG-21 switches and cockpit, TF-51, ...
Old 12-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #30
Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solty View Post
The main point still stands, the reflection is so vivid that it obstructs everything outside. It is a relic of the old engine when the reflections themselves were quite uderwhelming.

You do not see that kind of obstructing type of painted reflections in other planes made later. To me they have to go or be toned down a LOT.

Just tried to play online. It’s totally unplayable in its current form. The enemy has to get way to close before I can see him. Not to mention if he climbs level in front of you into the blue he completely disappears. This needs a fix!

Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote