New Hotas from Cobra.

Just arrived guys and girls. Cobra Hotas. 7 axis, 32 programmable buttons, Hall sensors, very heavy joystick base with very light movement, very smooth, almost too light, but very accurate. The throttle is very light but works well and also has Hall sensors. I have tried it and found I like it. There a a few drawbacks but I can live with them. This joystick won't tire out your wrist.

Best part is it was only $150.00.....plus outrageous shipping from Canada to the US. Took 14 days and cost $60.00. Remind me to just drive up next time. 3 hours to Vancouver Canada from where I live...Vancouver, Washington.

Laz :D

would you be so kind to tell us what is the system name of your joystick? I mean device name in "Devices and printers".

i5-2500k/24Gb/MSI GTX1060/Logitech G940/VKB Cobra Z/TM Cougar MFD/VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle/BRD-MS3 Rudder Pedals

FC3/Ka-50/Mi-8/AV-8B/UH-1H/CA/L-39/Yak-52/MiG-21/NS430/

A-4E-C/MB-339

That's the one. I like it. The joystick is very sensitive. I haven't set it up yet. Just in the trial version of DCS and the P-51. I am waiting for the fix for the binding problems.

For the price it may be better than the TM 16000 set up. But this is my first impression...I do not want to pronounce it as the greatest thing since the Warthog, which we all remember. Everyone who purchased one swore by it..stating it was fantastic and a gift from the gods and they could not find nothing absolutely nothing wrong with it. They recommended it higher than anything in the universe and super encouraged everyone to jump on the band wagon.

(The only thing I want to recommend is too keep breathing.)

Fast forward several months from TM HOG release date....and find on this blog we have a long subsection on the Bricked Thrustmaster counting section....and the wonderful stiction problem that Thrustmaster continues to have. From what I have read they will use the same sticky ball on their next product.

Go Figure.

Laz (Words of Wit and Wisdom from Ole Grouchy) :D

i used cobra m5 for a short period. yes it was very precise. but hand rest part gave me trouble, my hand was sore badly. and its twist axis. since i have pedals, i wished i could disable it.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

The ones I've seen are made by a company called Flashfire, if that helps any.

Basically this is VKB/Defender Cobra M5 + Gametrix ECS throttle, rebranded and remade by Asian Games (though some say that the latter is remake too, from some obscure chinese combo set). Remade, because originally it was made on MaRS sensors, not on Hall.

The device is called USB Flystick in the Device and Settings file.

thank you.

Edited by unhappytroll

i5-2500k/24Gb/MSI GTX1060/Logitech G940/VKB Cobra Z/TM Cougar MFD/VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle/BRD-MS3 Rudder Pedals

FC3/Ka-50/Mi-8/AV-8B/UH-1H/CA/L-39/Yak-52/MiG-21/NS430/

A-4E-C/MB-339