Neded a New Flight Stick

My TM Warthog stick finally gave it up and I am currently stickless:cry:

I am looking at the VPC WarBRD Base and the Gunfighter MCG Pro Table Top.

Between the two sticks listed, my only concern is "stiction" which the Thrustmaster excels at.

For those of you that have used either one of the sticks listed above, can you share any thoughts on stiction? Are the VPC Warbrd and Gunfighter sticks free of the dreaded stiction?

The only controller currently available for order is the VPC WarBRD so that is the one I would probably order providing there is no stiction.

Thanks!

"When they passed out brains you thought they said trains and you missed both!"

VPC and VKB use separated axes gimbal, with one spring per axes, and CAM center mechanism, is virtually free of 'stiction' - typical of Warthog (and X-5x) ball join, one spring gimbal.

Buying WarBRD base you can use Warthog grip in that base "PnP". VKB Gunfighter base require additional mechanical and electronic adapters for use Warthog grip.

BTW - WarBRD is a new model - to be delivered 'soon' for pre-orders, so no player review exist.

VPC and VKB use separated axes gimbal, with one spring per axes, and CAM center mechanism, is virtually free of 'stiction' - typical of Warthog (and X-5x) ball join, one spring gimbal.

Buying WarBRD base you can use Warthog grip in that base "PnP". VKB Gunfighter base require additional mechanical and electronic adapters for use Warthog grip.

BTW - WarBRD is a new model - to be delivered 'soon' for pre-orders, so no player review exist.

Thank you for the info.

The WarBRD is showing to be in stock. I wonder if that is one of those order it now and wait or order it now and it will ship out...

Since the part of the TM that is not working is the base, it would be nice to simply plop the TM control stick onto the WarBRD and go.

Cheers!

Thank you for the info.

The WarBRD is showing to be in stock. I wonder if that is one of those order it now and wait or order it now and it will ship out...

Since the part of the TM that is not working is the base, it would be nice to simply plop the TM control stick onto the WarBRD and go.

Cheers!

Yep that will definitely work fine.

Pre-orders for WarBRD after a little delay, are supposed to start shipping next week. Probably why they show them as in stock now so likely you would be ordering at a good time. Just be aware that normally even if showing in stock processing time to getting it shipped time can be several days.

And yes as Sokol mentioned, there will be no stiction.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I went ahead and canceled the pre-order. I do not have a control stick and needed one bad so Amazon to the rescue with a TM which will be here on Monday. After the dust settles between Virpil and VKB regarding the availability, I'll take another close look and grab one.

Cheers!

I went ahead and canceled the pre-order. I do not have a control stick and needed one bad so Amazon to the rescue with a TM which will be here on Monday. After the dust settles between Virpil and VKB regarding the availability, I'll take another close look and grab one.

Cheers!

Can't say I blame ya, no stick would not be a good situation for me either. Thankfully now I have accumulated a Warthog, Virpil, and VKB. I should be in good shape for backups now for a while.

:joystick:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Can't say I blame ya, no stick would not be a good situation for me either. Thankfully now I have accumulated a Warthog, Virpil, and VKB. I should be in good shape for backups now for a while.

:joystick:

dburne, would you happen to know what length of extension would be needed to simulate the length of an F-18 stick.

dburne, would you happen to know what length of extension would be needed to simulate the length of an F-18 stick.

I would have no idea on that one.

Don B

The F18 has ~2.5inches forward and ~5 back movement, the T50 base with a 200mm extension gives you about 5 inches of deflection.

Keep in mind that 200mm is more than the recommended maximum though.

Thanks for the information

If I’m correct I have two of the longest extensions from the seller in ,the for sale forum I also order the spring for the longest extensions but haven’t installed it yet as I wish to test it out with the huey first but I’m using my puma setup presently as the tm is intended for travel /fixed wing use.

When I ordered the second extension and spring and o-ring I had him build a custom length cover for the stick to allow for both extensions and a stock cover for the throttle.

But in free use I like the feel of the stick. Thinking of repurposing the puma’s collective and using the tm stick and vkb pedals

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.